12AU7 PCB Starving Student Hybrid Amp - zammykoo Build Log
Sep 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 59

Quote:
Oh, by the way, the board looks great!
Looks like good registering between the top and bottom.

Thanks for the tips and compliments, been much help!

Quote:
Any new pics of the build?

Not yet, I am still waiting on my remaining parts to come in. I couldn't get a hold of some caps on the BOM so I wanted to wait till I got the alternate caps and make sure they fit the spacing before I start soldering anything.

Have you ordered your parts yet?

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #22 of 59
Yes, and for the sockets make sure you get the through hole sockets for the pcb, not the screw on kind.

Quote:
dsavitsk said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of the alternatives, like the 5814 etc. are the same tube, but just relabeled, and generally a lot cheaper.

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #24 of 59
Ah! This is looking really neat so far! It's really nice seeing more specimens of the SSMH coming to life. Good work !

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #25 of 59
Thank you, thank you.

Sorry fellas, I have been super busy. Been preparing for an upcoming job interview so I had to put this on hold for a little while. Hopefully I'll be able to revisit this project toward the end of the month. *crosses fingers*

I have also ordered parts for the O2 amp so I will be building that as well
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #26 of 59
Had some free time today to start putting the components together finally! The solder job is less than pretty because I had a shotty iron, didn't have my good one on hand.

I am still missing one key component... the bergquist pads. Can I just use some of that thermal grease used on cpu heatsinks?

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 59

Quote:
Looking good !!
your using 2 heatsinks right? For testing, as long as the heatsinks arent grounded you can just use thermal paste.

Oh cool, that's perfect because I am using the vertical heat sinks. I'll give that a try.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #29 of 59
Nice Tam. what tubes are you putting in? Also the I just checked on the guy who is making the planks of wood for me and it's looking good. Im doing test cuts tomorrow and ill then put the planks in CnC soon. Still trying to get copperclad board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back