1212M owners - any tips on compatibility with games?
Nov 27, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #31 of 35
well i had quite a time trying to troubleshoot this pesky card, but in the end it ended up somehow conflicting with pci 133 ata controller card, even though xp said there were no conflicts, which i disabled in the device manager, after that all the games played fine, so try disabling some of your other pci card devices and see if that helps, that was the only thing that fixed mine, after trying all the possiblly imaginable fixes.

Nov 28, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 35
Happy you could solve your problem, I couldn't and I am at loss now . I tried all kinds of pci latency settings (btw, I'm not sure it was necessary, as the Emu is the only pci card I have), I installed the new catalyst drivers (the problem appears only when I try to play 3d games, so I think it may have something to do with the video driver as well), I disabled "fast write" in the video driver, as I read it could cause issues, I put the card in another slot...

I think I'm gonna reinstall my old fortissimo sound card, but I find it a bit silly to have two sounds card installed, just because one of them can't do what it should do (and I seldom play video games).

Btw, I had sound problems in 3d games with the fortissimo (crackles) but at least not what's happening now with the Emu.

Nov 28, 2004 at 10:16 AM Post #33 of 35
[QUOTEJ
Btw, I had sound problems in 3d games with the fortissimo (crackles) but at least not what's happening now with the Emu.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like some device is conflicting (even with the fortissimo if it crackles) or your pci latency values are screwed. Try lowering your latencies for other devices.

And update all of your device drivers, ide/sata raid firmware and bios.

Nov 28, 2004 at 10:51 AM Post #34 of 35
try removing all strips and sends in patchmix cept for asio and wave.

Nov 28, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #35 of 35
Same Half-Life problem here. Oddly Vampires:Bloodlines works fine. Same engine but different problems go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back