12/12/04 NYC - 3rd (Unofficial) Qualia store Mini meet
Dec 15, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #16 of 20
I feel the HD600/650 is a much better sounding can than the RS-1's (Please don't shoot me). Was there one there? I know they sound terrible out of the RA-1, because the RA-1 is made for low impedence headphones like Grado's, which is why the 010's get along OK. But I feel, you get what you pay for with the RA-1, and it is a modest amp that yields modest improvements. Mine doesn't make the Qualia sparkle, especially in the bass dept. The A.N.T. amp that Jahn lent me, and the SR-71, offer much better bass slam with the Qualias than the RA-1.
I recently hooked up my SR-71 to my phono preamp, and was amazed what the Qualias can do with a $400 amp in an analog environment. The sound, from top to bottom is crystal clear, and rewarding.

Does anyone else but me, think that the stand that is made for the 010's is totally inefficient at supporting the headphones properly? What were they thinking? You get one included in the box, when you buy them.

Dec 16, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Does anyone else but me, think that the stand that is made for the 010's is totally inefficient at supporting the headphones properly?

I think I understand what motivated the stand design. It's apparent on the Qualia website and in the Q-store, and the Qualia reps have reiterated that Qualias "vision", approach, presentation and unified esthetic is very graphic/visuals based.

You must have seen enough comments from headfiers drooling over the (sleek industrial design) look of it and asking how they can buy one to know that it's a popular look. Graphic/visual impression is obviously the reason for the design.

I agree with you that for the money it probably cost them for design and production of each, they could have created an intelligently designed stand that would follow the Q010s contours and properly support it to keep its shape and extend its life.

Dec 16, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #18 of 20
great thread...
interesting points from romanee and lan......
i have yet to hear sennheiser....
on a side note, i went to nyc to get a pair of qualias and ended up with a pair of koss plugs....

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 20
Accidental post... sorry.

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
great thread...
interesting points from romanee and lan......
i have yet to hear sennheiser....
on a side note, i went to nyc to get a pair of qualias and ended up with a pair of koss plugs....

yeah our mutual supermonobattery-frying pal who we chipped in to get Etys for, gave his old buds to 1911 in thanks - Koss:The Plug. Sadly, it was better than the V600 he was using in isolation-required environments lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back