11 y.o. girl playing Rush's "YYZ" on keyboard...AMAZING!
Jul 19, 2010 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 16
Thanks. I'm pretty sure the drum track is on the SD card she pulls out at the end of the performance.
Her left hand and feet seem to be covering the bass. I don't play keyboards so maybe someone 
knowledgeable can climb in.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 16
I'm still struggling with "Stairway to Heaven" and "Color My World" 
tongue.gif

12 bar blues is as good as I get. I live vicariously through the sounds coming out of my headphones.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 16
I wonder what brand of organ it is?

The organs they've got now are crossbred with synthesizers and samplers.  Full MIDI and sequencing.  Full professional synthesizer and sampler controls.  A complete band in a box.  Getting a specific electric guitar sound is just a matter of buying the right sample pack or pre-programmed sounds.  Same way you the those sounds on a Korg sampler or any other sampler.

I'll forgive her for having sequenced parts (especially the drums).  It's not like Rush can play their own stuff live without sequencing and technology serving as a fourth member of the band.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 16
That is quite amazing. Great skills!

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:

And this is what she's doing it on:

Thanks for the link for what organ it is.  It's an organ that is sold primarily in Asian countries.  No wonder I wasn't able to figure out what it was.

It's an Electone STAGEA by Yamaha.  A bit different than the Yamaha keyboards I see at Guitar Center.

Electone Zone indicates the price to get one imported to the US is about $10,000 USD.  That's less expensive than I expected.  There are similar Roland home organs that are over $20,000.  Still cheaper than a pipe organ in the home.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 16
Wow, that electric organ/synth is intense.  That girl is really impressive.  I think I'll have a hard time just figuring out how to program that darn thing!  Even after watching the demonstration video, I'm even more impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back