11 New Sony BA IEMs
Mar 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #741 of 845

Quote:
Are there double/triple flanges that will fit on the XBA-series?

Sony's nozzles are all the same size.  So if there are any double/triple flanges that fit any of the Sony nozzles, then they will fit the XBA.  Whether or not they will be a good seal or not is a different question.  Monster triples should fit...

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #746 of 845
Quote:
Really? Because I searched Siren Armature on google images and all I got was the S-jays, weird....

LOL I wouldn't use Google Images as a source of reliable information for something like this! Anyways, check out the models I mentioned, and take a look at their sensitivities; they should all hover around 109 dB, and the impedances are all around 25 ohm. Obviously, there will be differences (SR variants, added resistors, etc.) but they do all have similar traits, and all have a similar sound signature, such as warmth and rolled off highs.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #747 of 845

Quote:
LOL I wouldn't use Google Images as a source of reliable information for something like this! Anyways, check out the models I mentioned, and take a look at their sensitivities; they should all hover around 109 dB, and the impedances are all around 25 ohm. Obviously, there will be differences (SR variants, added resistors, etc.) but they do all have similar traits, and all have a similar sound signature, such as warmth and rolled off highs.

I see, well google images can usually prove a popularity of something. I see, I guess I will try them again :wink:, I have tried the BA100 once, but didn't quite have a good impression. 

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #748 of 845
I preordered a pair of the XBA-3iP from Amazon (US) a couple of months back and they just came in last week. I think it has a pretty well-balanced sound. Coming from an ety hf-3, the mids aren't as pronounced and I detected some sibilance occasionally that I'm hoping will mellow a bit in time. Sound stage is noticeably better w/the XBA as is separation. Going back to the hf-3 though I can't help but feel that the mids/highs feel more lush/musical to me compared to the XBA which can sound thin/metallic in those areas at times.

After reading this thread I'm almost tempted to return the XBA to try out the EX1000 but I absolutely can't stand over/around the ear type earphones. They don't work for me at all. Which unfortunately rules out pretty much every earphone in the high(er) price range. ;-p

Mar 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #749 of 845
If you search around the forum, you will find my silly comments comparing XBA-4 to a mixture of W4 and EX1000. Obviously I haven't listened to XBA-4 enough. Today, I switched my source permanently to iPod touch. It drives XBA-4 very nicely, now it doesn't sound as bad as I always said it was. As I am listening to some music I am thinking to myself "Oh hey, this sounds pretty nice."

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #750 of 845

Quote:
If you search around the forum, you will find my silly comments comparing XBA-4 to a mixture of W4 and EX1000. Obviously I haven't listened to XBA-4 enough. Today, I switched my source permanently to iPod touch. It drives XBA-4 very nicely, now it doesn't sound as bad as I always said it was. As I am listening to some music I am thinking to myself "Oh hey, this sounds pretty nice."

I agree with Bokyung. I don't understand why all the bashing when the xba-4 sounds totally fine. Source: iphone 4s no amp as my T3 didn't change the EQ much, so no point in using one. Eartips: reverse comply - great fit without any distortion to the treble. Bass is pleantiful with good quality, mids are there, highs are great, Overall a bright iem with pretty big bass. I am comparing these to my FX 700 and they are actually very similar. The XBA-4 has better separation and a much better soundstage. Dunno why all the bashing when this is a very nice iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back