11 New Sony BA IEMs
Sep 16, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #136 of 845
@Kiteki, when you say large soundstage. The reviewer online did say that they had large soundstages, but sounded fake. I think it would be similar to the A840 soundstage, where it sounds massive, but hollow with certain iems.

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #138 of 845

Quote:
Now wouldn't it be nice if Apple would come out with an audiophile quality iPod to go along with these IEM's? Together, this would make a very nice, stylish, compact, universal system. 

Such products are rather against Apple's corporate philosophy, and you won't ever see such niche product (and we all know how Apple's only semi-decent audio device, Apple Hi-Fi went as well.)

Not to mention, iPod is already quite good enough, plus Rockbox for iPod classic will be completed soon.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #139 of 845

Quote:

Such products are rather against Apple's corporate philosophy, and you won't ever see such niche product (and we all know how Apple's only semi-decent audio device, Apple Hi-Fi went as well.)

Not to mention, iPod is already quite good enough, plus Rockbox for iPod classic will be completed soon.

Well, I too used to think that the iPod was quite good enough until I unplugged my IE8's out of the iPod and into the HiFiMan-HM801. What I heard was astonishing. The IE8's sounded twice as good. I had no idea the IE8's could scale up so well. The weak link here; the iPod. Sure, the iPod is a design masterpiece but the sound quality is not quite good enough.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #140 of 845

Quote:
Well, I too used to think that the iPod was quite good enough until I unplugged my IE8's out of the iPod and into the HiFiMan-HM801. What I heard was astonishing. The IE8's sounded twice as good. I had no idea the IE8's could scale up so well. The weak link here; the iPod. Sure, the iPod is a design masterpiece but the sound quality is not quite good enough.

Well, considering that it even can drive HD6x0 full-size rather well, there should be sound difference considering how weak ipod's amplification is.

But I conjure anything that has more than 32 ohm, ipod has no problem driving them....

lol, XBA-4  quad's impedance is mere 8 ohm. Those may require some serious power. But again, this can be overcome with a decent portable amp if you sacrifice 'portable' part on your rig.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #143 of 845
Well, it was mentioned at ~400$, which I think is most likely the case. I don't think they're going to place it in a higher tier (and price) than the EX1000, more on par. 

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #145 of 845

Most expensive Sony price I've seen is $699 AUD for the EX700.

I remember the first time I heard that, I was on the phone to a Sonystyle store, asked if they had the EX70, he said "No the EX70 has been discontinued... we have the EX700 though at $699" ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back