11 IEM at home for a week ;)
Mar 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i just go to Apple store because they was supposed to sell Comply Foam (at least it's what i've read on Comply web site) to find a solution to my UE700 problem , they don't.. but i saw some IEM compatible iPhone answer call... and after i asked if i can test some IEM he say no but you can buy and test :wink: that's just what i've do

So i'll have for a week

Klipsch Ref S4i
Harman Kardon NI
Monster Beat Tour
Seinnheiser CX880i
Bowers & Wilkins C5
Catch you ear some Headphier Bose MIE2i :wink:

plus Clarity One and UE700, UE700 i don't think he gonna stay long here as i may have to return it quicly as explain here

I'll can't do reviews like some do here because i don't have either there talent and patience, but i'll give my impression/comparaison today and (the reason i post this thread) reply if you have questions regarding comparaison between specific model i'll have for a week.

A pics for teasing ?

Mar 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 15
subscribed
etysmile.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:
Have fun...to be honest from your list, the one I love is UE700, Clarity One and B&W C5 are not bad, the others are average at best unfortunately...

Just get a ansxer by e-mail from Comply, look like you so right about old and new movel, i sent him a pic of my UE700 to be sure but look like not Comply are compatible....

Once again can i ask you which Large eartips are compatible with UE700 ?

Mar 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
Just get a ansxer by e-mail from Comply, look like you so right about old and new movel, i sent him a pic of my UE700 to be sure but look like not Comply are compatible....

Once again can i ask you which Large eartips are compatible with UE700 ?

Sorry mate I can't tell you as my UE700 is the older one that fits to Ts200...

...but in saying that, have look at V-Moda Bliss tips, MEElec tips, Brainwavz tips, you should be able to at least get a silicone tips and di a little stretching to fit it in...

...just curious, can you take a photo for me on all the tips that comes with this version of UE700 please mate?

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
...just curious, can you take a photo for me on all the tips that comes with this version of UE700 please mate?

Sure here it is :wink:

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #7 of 15
3 more baby's coming for test

UE 900, Shure SE215 (on the way) and Sony XBA-2iP (just curious) 

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
wow that's lots of homework to do :)

Yes, and i don't have lot of time... as i said on first post it will be more personnal impression rather then review like some here can do, the reason of this post again is more if one of you have specific question regarding 2 models from the list and i can try to respond, ex ; what difference on mid between 2 IEM.

Please don't expect full 11 IEM review :wink:

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

OK so I can see that they still include Comply Ts series, why can't you use that one? - and also, they include double-flange too, which is good, mine didn't come with double-flange

I tried, but the more i test diffrent IEM the more i see i didn't knew IEM.... i have to acoutumate with them..

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #15 of 15
Hi, finally got few time to test them !, this is just my Impression, not review thread like some here can do, also as I don't feel enough capacity to describe sound like some of my impression will be more to compare one IEM from another one.

First, about my impression about lack of bass i feel on ClarityOne and maybe too on UE700 it was more the fact to listen 99%  full headphone then IEM, until those days, i had only one IEM ; Monster Beat Tour..,  the more i test IEM the more i ear bass on them...

I mostly do my "test" with a Home DAC (Corda Cantate) and CD's because even if i'll use my IEM mostly on subway with my iPhone 4 and
My ear are made in a way that i need deep insertion to have a good seal so unfortunately i [size=11.0pt]Can't test 3 IEM  because of that ...; Sennheiser CX880i ; Bowers & Wilkins C5[/size] [size=11.0pt]; Harman Kardon NI[/size]
Classified by order of My preference ;

Sony XBA-2iP not much bass, too much treble, less details and nuances then others, sound seem to far, sometime i can't get a good enough seal, the cable do tangle even if he have a Small king of flat cable.

[size=12.0pt]Bose MIE2i[/size]  Bass is there, maybe too much.., forgive too much for song with too much treble , too much  mids here and not enough precise.
[size=12.0pt]He fell Very comfortable and stay in place (for walking, i didn't try a jogging :wink: ) but as it's a [/size]Earbuds, not a IEM [size=12.0pt]forget it on subway, you have no isolation at all, but for the street if you don't search audiophile sound, [/size]they can be interesting.

[size=11.0pt]Monster Beat Tour[/size] we ear mostly treble and bass, not enough mid, to me not enough focus on voice, [size=11.0pt]the cable Never tangle [/size]

[size=11.0pt]Klipsch Ref S4i [/size]difficult for me to have enough insertion to have good seal but just enough for a quick test ;
[size=11.0pt]Klipsch Ref S4i[/size] vs [size=11.0pt]Monster Beat Tour ;  [/size][size=11.0pt]Klipsch[/size] have more precisions on high/mid and bass, [size=11.0pt]is more [/size]enjoyable for me, with  a warmer sound more impact (bass drum for example), Monster Beat Tour do have more (in general) bass but with less details.

[size=11.0pt]Ultimate Ears UE 700[/size][size=11.0pt] [/size][size=11.0pt]i don't know if it's because he's so thin but it was hard for me to have a good seal, not sure i have a deep enough insertion too, i had to press with my finger on them to get a better sound... detail of sound on ClarityOne.[/size]

[size=11.0pt]Shure SE215-CL [/size][size=11.0pt]cable too sturdy/rigid for normal street use, look like more for musician or professional[/size] nevertheless [size=11.0pt]i have sound problem [/size] at the end of the cable since today... Sometime i don't get enough good seal, again because not so good deep insertion...
[size=11.0pt]Shure SE215 vs ClarityOne [/size][size=11.0pt]Shure have[/size] more bass, but in general [size=11.0pt]less precision, less [/size]aerated, [size=11.0pt]ClarityOne have more precision on bass, can't stay exactly why but i prefer Clarity..[/size]

[size=11.0pt]ClarityOne [/size]Cable don't tangle (not like Monster cable but good enough), For now he don't have volume function but he will have by the end of 2013 according to them
[size=11.0pt]ClarityOne vs Ultimate Ears UE 700[/size] [size=11.0pt]ClarityOne have more bass, more details (mostly on mids) more impact, more space, more [/size]breath, sound come from closer, more impact (mostly on drum), except UE900 this is my favorite, in fact i keep it :wink:

[size=11.0pt]Ultimate Ears UE 900 [/size][size=11.0pt]Very Precise, i can ear here thing i don't ear on None of other IEM i test here, on treble mid and bass, Very impressive[/size], i get out of the box some crackling on the junction of the cable and the IEM on left part, there is a "mixture" between treble mid and bass, i feel when i listen to it that there is almost a gape between between treble mid and bass on all other IEM i test.., by Far the best of those i test, i didn't keep it because of the price..., just like Shure Sometime i don't get enough good seal, again because not so good deep insertion...
[size=11.0pt]Ultimate Ears UE 900 vs Ultimate Ears UE 700 [/size][size=11.0pt]on 900 all sound are closer and more precise, more alive.[/size]

I keep ClarityOne, all others go back to store tomorow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back