Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Strange impression my first Balanced Armature IEM (UE700)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Strange impression my first Balanced Armature IEM (UE700)

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Hi, after give up with PureSound ClarityOne (too much high for me..) i just buy UE700, but i don't know if it's because they are the first Balanced Armature i test or what but i feel i don't have enough bass, i ear them bu tnot enough and don't feel then enough.did .you experimented same feeling first time you tested BA ?

 

Maybe i don't find the right eartips yet, i have large ear canal, normaly the best for my are Comply Tx400 L, but they don't work with UE700, i just ask complyfoam to see if there is this Tx400 L with smaller inside hole, for now i use bi flange from MEElectronics who give me the best from all tips i have (the one from PL30) but still not enoug bass...

 

I Hate headphone with really too much bass (fake) i prefer the more real bass sound possible like on studio or Live, i Love my Grado rs1 for that !!) but i do feel not anough bass on UE700

 

Hopefully i can send back PureSound ClarityOne to amazon but the UE700 come from another french online store and not sure at all i can send them back, and mostly i want to be sure i have to sent them bck, if IEM of that price range sound like that i rathr keep them....

 

If a French headfier live in Paris and can help me to test he's IEM (with My eartips !!) i can let him test my Grado RS1 o2smile.gif

 

 

Thank's for you reply !! ;)


Edited by lerio - 3/2/13 at 3:05am
post #2 of 21

Use the stock silicone large, or large hybrid, the new version of UE700 has a strange sized nozzle, mine is the older version and Comply 200 fits perfectly...

 

...and for the record, it is one of my favourite IEM of all time wink_face.gif

post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Use the stock silicone large, or large hybrid, the new version of UE700 has a strange sized nozzle, mine is the older version and Comply 200 fits perfectly...

 

...and for the record, it is one of my favourite IEM of all time wink_face.gif


YouComply 200 have same inside sized hole of Comply Tx400 ?

 

I tested all eartips who came with my EU 700 and all i can say is Lack of bass redface.gif

 

I was outside today and in the subway it's even worst, look like the noise around make me ear even less bass then at home....


Edited by lerio - 3/2/13 at 10:05am
post #4 of 21

it is nothing to do with it being a BA driver, it i just the BA driver used is not giving you enough bass. Phonak 232, Heir 3.Ai and MySt Nail 1 and Nail 2 have plenty of bass so there is nothing to do with it being a BA. I think the Nail2 is something you would appreciate and i know there is a French Head Fier with one on the way, not sure where is France he is!

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

it is nothing to do with it being a BA driver, it i just the BA driver used is not giving you enough bass. Phonak 232, Heir 3.Ai and MySt Nail 1 and Nail 2 have plenty of bass so there is nothing to do with it being a BA. I think the Nail2 is something you would appreciate and i know there is a French Head Fier with one on the way, not sure where is France he is!


Ok so i have to Try to sent back my EU700...

 

Can you tell me (in pm if you want) or ask him if you prefer the french Headfier so i can try before buy again ?

 

Phonak 232 is more then  3X the price of my EU700... blink.gif

 

Thank's


Edited by lerio - 3/2/13 at 11:14am
post #6 of 21

Swimsonny got it right. UE700 isn't meant to be a bass heavy earphones. You should have been doing some research and see which earphones would match your preferences and taste.

post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN-0015 View Post

Swimsonny got it right. UE700 isn't meant to be a bass heavy earphones. You should have been doing some research and see which earphones would match your preferences and taste.

 

I do that here then as he didn't yet reviewed UE700 i've read review of it here too and even if they didn't said UE700 was lot of bass they said he have enough/good bass which is what i want.. until i test it....

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerio View Post


Ok so i have to Try to sent back my EU700...

 

Can you tell me (in pm if you want) or ask him if you prefer the french Headfier so i can try before buy again ?

 

Phonak 232 is more then  3X the price of my EU700... blink.gif

 

Thank's

I am not saying to get the 232 but more so that do not say that lack of bass is because of them being BA. I actually though the UE700 had a fairly boosted mid bass and lacked sub-bass.

 

I think you should try the Nail 2, i will let you know the name of the head fier and you can maybe sort something out, if your near each other.

 

I think it would be better for you to get a ferry over to the UK in April and come to the London Head Fi meet, i will bringing loads of different IEMs and so will overs, then you will know what is the best for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN-0015 View Post

Swimsonny got it right. UE700 isn't meant to be a bass heavy earphones. You should have been doing some research and see which earphones would match your preferences and taste.

Exactly! 

post #9 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

 

I think you should try the Nail 2

 

Hi can you advice me a IEM i can find on amazon (unless i can get in touch with a French headfier ;) ) so i can return it if the sound if not what i like ?

 

Thank's

post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Use the stock silicone large, or large hybrid, the new version of UE700 has a strange sized nozzle, mine is the older version and Comply 200 fits perfectly...

 

...and for the record, it is one of my favourite IEM of all time wink_face.gif

 

 

Maybe interesting !,i do have a large ear hole..., i  just do a test with largest eartips stock silicone eartips of UE700 placed on Clarity One and because C1 have larger nozzle size then UE700 that make me feel a little pression on my ear which make me ear some bass i didn't ear before with C1, that don't change the EQ, i just now ear some bass i didn't ear before,  so if i use some eartips who make me feel this little pression on my ear with UE700 they should sound great, which eartips can do that ?

 

post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 
Before i Try to send back my EU 700 tomorow you're sure what i've said on post just above don't deserve to try a bigger eartips ? 
post #12 of 21

I don't have the 700's, but I have the 600's and 900's.  They definitely need a good seal in order to get the full spectrum.  Once I got a good seal the bass with the 600's really came through.  I wouldn't call them bass heavy, but definitely more than what I'm used to in a single BA.  The 900's bass was definitely more neutral, but apparent with a good seal, probably my favorite right where it's at. 
 

post #13 of 21

Didn't the UE700's come with Comply tips? I thought they were included - with those, you should be able to get a good seal - if you have a good seal and you still find the bass lacking - I would try another IEM.... Good luck!

post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Didn't the UE700's come with Comply tips? I thought they were included - with those, you should be able to get a good seal - if you have a good seal and you still find the bass lacking - I would try another IEM.... Good luck!


Hi, yes but they look like confort Comply foam (spherical shape),anyway i fell them not large enough for me, they don't help...


Edited by lerio - 3/4/13 at 1:08am
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalKnives View Post

I don't have the 700's, but I have the 600's and 900's.  They definitely need a good seal in order to get the full spectrum.  Once I got a good seal the bass with the 600's really came through.  I wouldn't call them bass heavy, but definitely more than what I'm used to in a single BA.  The 900's bass was definitely more neutral, but apparent with a good seal, probably my favorite right where it's at. 
 


I'am afraid that's the real point ! if i snap my fingers close to my ear with UE700 i don't feel isolate, problem is that i don't know if i can sent them back to the online seller, generally all French seller refuse that, only amazon accept, and if he acept i have to ask him quickly frown.gif , i may have Great IEM like some say but have to try to return them..

 

Comply foam saved my Monster Beat Tour, stock silicone give nothing intresting for me (even lack of bass..) but when i tested them with Comply Tx400 L (Comply Tx400 M give nothing at all..) i was happy with them, my Comply Tx400 L don't fit on UE700, the inside hole is too big, i asked Comply foam if they have a model who can fit UE700 but not yet a reply, on their web site they recomend Comply 400 for half of UE IE serie(UE700 is not listed..) and other half need 500 serie, headfier djvkool told me above on this thread that it's Comply 200 who fit with his UE700, but he have a older model with different sized nozzle... i get sick and sad  redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

 

Which model of Comply will fit UE700 for a last try before try to send them back ??? (or a lager eartips lager then stock silicone of UE700)

 

Thank's


Edited by lerio - 3/4/13 at 1:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Strange impression my first Balanced Armature IEM (UE700)