1000th post. Thank you Headfi!
Apr 22, 2011 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, managed to reach my 1000th post on this wonderful forum and wanted to take the opportunity to thank Jude and all the team that make this such a great place to hang out, learn and end up with music beautifully reproduced which relaxes and eases the days work!

I joined just under three years ago and my system back then was a Sony and standard ear buds. I have gone through various incarnations of equipment since then and have turned to the dark side that is apple! Over the years I have gradually spent more on equipment as my comfort level in doing so increased to where I am now.

I have been "into" HiFi since childhood waaay back in the 1970's. I have experienced vinyl, cassette tape, CD, mini disk and then became a fairly late adopter of the way we do things now.

I can truly say that what I have ended up with now is to my ears, the most musical system I have ever owned and I owe that really in entirety to this forum!

It has been through the generous sharing of knowledge that I have understood more an more and have been able to make far more educated decisions on my purchases and the advice found here has never led me wrong!

I want to single out a few folks who have been instrumental in getting to where I am now with my system and the huge pleasure it brings me.

Firstly Skylab. What a valuable contributor and resource he is to this forum and headphone listening in general, his reviews are so easy understand to non techy folks like me and every piece of equipment I have purchased based on his reviews has given me huge pleasure. Headphone addict is another that I trust in reviews as is David Mahler whose Prose remind me so much of the late and great former editor of HiFi News, John Crabbe.

Other folks who deserve a mention are cooperpwc and zilch0md who have been so generous with their PM's of advice and help. To all the other folks who have shown me kindness I thank you as well. Here is to the next thousand posts!

And finally what it is all about!
The rig that I now have that truly gives me more musical pleasure and that encourages me to explore new music and deepen my love of that music which is, after all,what it is all about!

Thanks so much folks, this is a great place to hang out!

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 13
Thanks Evan!

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #5 of 13
................. and not once does he mention the irreparable damage to his wallet.
Now, there's addiction personified..!!

Apr 23, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 13
Thanks Erik! Wink, I was trying to forget that bit :blink: :eek:

May 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Many congratulations on your 1000 posts Ian.

I have never met this man but he has extended a kindness beyond all words to me recently, a true gentleman.

As for your recommendation on the LCD 2s, I have found a dealer that has them in the UK and will be trying them soon (could be tomorrow), could prove costly my friend.

May 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 13
Many congratulations on your 1000 posts Ian.

I have never met this man but he has extended a kindness beyond all words to me recently, a true gentleman.

As for your recommendation on the LCD 2s, I have found a dealer that has them in the UK and will be trying them soon (could be tomorrow), could prove costly my friend.

If by some quirk you are a different Ian, please accept my apologies.

Dave my friend, great to see you here, tis indeed me and thank you for your kind words! I cannot wait to hear what you think of the LCD's.. Methinks your wallet will be lighter tomorrow:wink:

May 17, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 13
Been there- Done that - Got the mug......

On my way to the exalted Headphoneus Supremus status...................

May 18, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #11 of 13
My wallet is somewhat lighter today.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #12 of 13
My wallet is somewhat lighter today.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

:D I am really happy for you Dave. Can't wait for you to post your thoughts on the LCD threads and remember to add your number to the owners list! Happy listening my friend!

May 18, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Good to hear you found a gear combo you're satisfied with.

THATS the most important thing with this hobby....personal satisfaction.

it's all about the music and being able to thoroughly enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back