100$ price range?
Apr 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KONAKONA

Banned
Well with all this fuss about portable amps being junk and what not going around recently, I thought it might be worth seeing whats at the low-low-low end of the desktop range; from the looks of it this is about 100$.

I've done a tiny tid bit of searching and I've come up with the little dot mk I+ and the qinpu Q1. These are obviously a bit different from each other, but meh.

Since I do more of my listening away from my computer, I don't want to spend that much on a desktop amp, so the budget is 100-150 (USD), preferably lower unless there are large gains with that extra 50. The amp will probably be used with most of my headphones, which are listed in the sig. (Yes I know those kosses won't get much help) It will also be used with future headphones, which at this point would be yuin G1As, and a nice large closed set. Not sure which one yet but I seem to be leaning for the KH-K1000.

Lets see where this thread goes.
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 3
And the INDEED found on Ebay (nothing to do with Duggah).

Also look on our very own for sale forums for some good used deals. Theres some Millets there cheap, and other amps.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Samson S•Amp | Sweetwater.com

Contrary to what a lot of people will tell you here, it's not that hard to get a great desktop amp for 100 dollars or less. If you want a monitor out for speakers, you can spend some extra money and get the presonus HP4. As far as measurements go, it's pretty much perfect in terms of audibility at every measurable aspect. Solid state amplifiers are easy - tube amps are where the real variations are at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back