$100 PC Speakers
Sep 17, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone explain the sound from the the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and Creative Gigaworks T20?

I haven't heard the Klipsch, but I own the T20.

The T20 have a smooth, clear sound. The midrange and highs are very strong. I'm not sure how high the treble goes, but I know they get at least above 18kHz. The bass is tight with decent impact, and aren't boomy, muddy, or overbearing. They won't rattle your desk, but they have better bass than you can typically expect for a 2.0 set. They won't compete with a 2.1 set in bass quantity, however. Overall they have a warm sound signature. There is little to no distortion at high volume.

For what I need, they're perfect.

I generated some test tones in Audacious. To my ears, the bass starts to roll off around 45 Hz, dying at around 35 Hz, and the treble starts to roll off around 18 kHz. I have been able hear between 16 Hz and 23 kHz, so these numbers should be at least somewhat close.

If you need strong bass below 40 Hz, like for rap, hip-hop, etc., you're probably going to want something with a subwoofer.

How's that for ya?

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #32 of 35
alright, all they have on the swan site is the m12 for 139 and some weird looking orb speakers for 79. anyone actually tried these?

Sep 17, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #33 of 35
the swan m10s were the popular one, but they are currently out of stock at theaudioinsider. someone emailed them awhile back and it sounded like they would be back in stock at the end of the month

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #35 of 35
i've been hearing a lot about the t20s and the edifier s330Ds which actually look damn sexy. how do those compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back