$100 PC Speakers
Sep 13, 2008 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Chuwy

Head-Fier
Been looking for a long time.

any suggestions?

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 35
Altec Lansing make some nice sounding speakers-I own a 5.1 set from them.

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 35
got any specific model or price in mind? I hear the logitech g51s are pretty good.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 35
get a nice pair of powered monitor speakers. I know the m-audio studio pro 3 is great for the money (<$100). But if you need lots of bass, it'd be best to look into something with a subwoofer.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by freckling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would avoid logitech if possible

why?

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 35
If you have enough space and do not mind buying second hand you could buy a pair of small proper speakers (
smile.gif
) and an amplifier. I have a pair of JBL E20s and a vintage Nikko Amp - the combination cost me about $60 plus shipping and it sounds better than PC speakers I have tried at the same price.

Sep 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 35
Logitech Z2300 are $99 at Tigerdirect. Yes, I agree getting a proper set of bookshelves are better, but seriously, $99 for two satellites with a woofer and tweeter, coupled with a sub? You can't ask for much more than that.

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 35
if you need 2.1 and are in college and therefore require a great deal of bass, then logitech 2.1's for $100 isn't bad. if you can deal with 2.0, then go with klipsch or cambridge soundworks or something. logitech sucks unless you're on the cheap and need it for parties

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #12 of 35
how aboot klipsch promedia 2.1s and logitech g51s?

i can get both fer about a 100

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, please tell us why Logitech sucks...

it's pretty much all bad relatively speaking. if you like the type of sound logitech produces, then by all means continue to use it. it's your choice and your ears.

if those are your two choices chuwy, my recommendation would be to go with the klipsch's

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #14 of 35
Well, hopefully anyone reading this thread will avoid taking your advice as you haven't provided any foundation for how or why Logitech speakers sound bad. Your dislike of their sound is clear, however.

As far as my experience with Logitech speakers--I have always heard they are great, but bass-heavy. And it could just be where a person listens to their Logitech speakers that makes them sound poorly. (My cousin also loves his Z-2300's)

For instance, we have had a set of Creative iTrigue 3300's in the kitchen that sound awesome, but when I moved them into my room, to my computer, and heard them in near-field listening, they sounded like garbage. Moving them back to the kitchen resulted in the great sound I remember. It's all in the application. Try-before-you-buy is highly recommended.

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #15 of 35
Highs, mids, lows...bass, treble...take whatever you want. I've never heard such headache inducing overpowering boomy bass. If you want neutral and honest speakers, then they won't be your cup of tea. Like I have already said, if someone is looking for party capable speakers for a medium sized college room on a budget, then they work just fine. However, if you want to listen to music as it was meant to be heard, then there are much better options that can get you closer to that than logitech (for the same price point).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, hopefully anyone reading this thread will avoid taking your advice as you haven't provided any foundation for how or why Logitech speakers sound bad. Your dislike of their sound is clear, however.

As far as my experience with Logitech speakers--I have always heard they are great, but bass-heavy. And it could just be where a person listens to their Logitech speakers that makes them sound poorly. (My cousin also loves his Z-2300's)

For instance, we have had a set of Creative iTrigue 3300's in the kitchen that sound awesome, but when I moved them into my room, to my computer, and heard them in near-field listening, they sounded like garbage. Moving them back to the kitchen resulted in the great sound I remember. It's all in the application. Try-before-you-buy is highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back