$100 or less PC speakers (no subs), Bose or M-Audio?
Feb 28, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891
Take a look at insignia speakers Best Buy sells (assuming you are in the US) to pair with the T-amp. Also consider Swans M200.

x2 I have them and love them for non-crit PC speakers or for watching videos on my PC. They also serve well for background music when I'm cooking in my kitchen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PC audiophile set-up for the price of those boxed multi-media gimmicks. I just set my up before Christmas with a Trends-TA10, now I get audiophile sound and no need to use dedicated proprietary speakers. Currently I am using pair of GC/Walcom Epitome 93 dB bi-directional cube speakers I got off eBay for $9.95. Planning to get some Tekton fullranges soon.

"My set-up is nothing special, just using it for my PC audio set-up. Source audio input is from to my Yamaha Waveforce 192XG soundcard hooked up to a pair of GC/Walcom Epitome 93 dB bi-directional cube speakers with Crunch 14AWG speaker wires with AMX Xtreme gold plated banana plugs. I play it through foobar2000 player with ASIO driver"

You can check out other peoles T-Amp set-ups here: http://www.musical.ca/gallery.html

EdT - I've never heard those speakers you have, but I bet those Insignias would crush them when paired with that TA-10. Have you heard of or looked at those before?

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EdT - I've never heard those speakers you have, but I bet those Insignias would crush them when paired with that TA-10. Have you heard of or looked at those before?

GC/Walcom is known for their in wall speakers, normally retails for $129/pair, but as you said no ones has heard of them so no one also bid on them also !

I looked for the Insignias and have heard about them on other forums, but they are not available at Best Buys in Canada.
frown.gif

What is the specs and sensitivity for them and are they 2 ways ? I also don't have too much real state on my desk, so a small footprint is also important.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #18 of 19
T Amp + insignia rocks. Problem is BB (the bastards) raised the price to $90, putting you in the nose bleed area.

For that much money you could also consider the JBL Control 1x.

==========

But if you want ease of use, cheap and damn good sound with no sub, RUN (don't walk) to buy JBL Duet 2.0 best $40 on PC audio with no sub you'll ever find.

I know I spent a month with your requirements. Read reviews on Amazon and newegg.com

Amazon
NewEgg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back