~$100 IEM for use w/iPod + XinSuperMini?
Dec 6, 2005 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MrDetermination

Head-Fier
Howdy,

Superficial Headroom browsing and dashing around the fora seem to indicate this will come down to either the E2c or the super.fi 3. I've already emailed Turbo about a dock -> 1/8" out adapter.

I've *really* gotten in to poker and though I love my Grado325s and various Senns, they're all open... which just doesn't fly at the poker table. Plus, the full size cans are kinda gaudy and a PITA to haul around. I want a pocket solution. The current $20 Koss IEM + iPod headphone amp solution is getting painful.

I like a warmer sound a majority of the time/for a majority of what I listen to. Which direction would you push me in? Alternatives welcome.

Also (not forum appropriate, but I hate to start another thread for these little things):
1. Any bag/case suggestions?
2. Any Dock out -> mini alternatives outside Sik Ram Din?

Dec 6, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 4
If you have Xin Mini, I highly suggest you go for a ER6i. With bassboost of Xin, you ganna get both the detail and the bass you want.

I pretty sure if you look hard enough, you should be able to find ER6i around $100

Dec 6, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 4
I agree with the ER6i and the Turbodock II's SQ is amazingly clean and dynamic. I was happy as a clam listening to them last night hooked up to a PA2V2. I'm willing to bet they'd be even better with the SuperMini.

Dec 6, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm certainly in agreement re choice of er-6i. When using an IEM, that has been my choice with Nano/Supermini. The only upgrade, to my mind, is Sensaphonics 2x)........The only difference in choices has been in picking Sik Ram Din (because smallest in size) and amputated the Firewire cable....if you use the Polybands as Xin has suggested, the Sik cable fits perfectly along the side of the Nano and brings its' width to the same as Supermini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back