>$100 bass-heavy IEMs
Dec 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tarcalion

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm only fifteen years old and I live in Sweden, so some things may be a bit hard to come by. I'm currently saving up for the UE Triple.Fi 10, but I want something bass-heavy to listen with until I can afford the TF10s.

I've previously used the Creative EP-830 and the Sennheiser CX 400-II, and I am well aware that these are by no means high-quality phones. They aren't very far from each other in sound quality either, and I actually found the Creatives had a better punch to the bass.

I'm mainly listening to drum and bass music, and something that has caught my interest are the Fischer Audio Eterna and the (Swedish, by the way) a-JAYS Three.

I've kind of fallen in love with the Eternas, but the a-JAYS look cool as well, although they can only be worn straight-down. If there are other and/or better alternatives, let me now! Otherwise ...

How do I get a couple of Eternas from Sweden?

Please help!
basshead.gif

EDIT: Other phones I might consider are the Klipsch Image S4 and the CX 300s, but I'm not too wild about the latter as I've heard they don't offer a lot of 'bang' for the 'buck'.

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 7
you generally don't need to bump your own post after 38 minutes
wink.gif
  that's a bit excessive on the impatience (I'll grant you some leeway seeing as you are only 15!)

the Munitio 9mm's have the best bass I've heard in that price range, but I don't know if they ship to Europe; give them an email and ask: http://munitio.com

there are a couple of coupon codes floating around ("savage" and "vibrato") that would bring it to your budget range... but I don't know about shipping.

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 7
i heard the hippo vb also gives good bass.  i'm actually planning on buying one when my budget calms down :D

another bassy iem i'm interested in is the radius ddm, although I personally kinda don't like its style/looks

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 7
The hippo VB has some of the most powerful (sub)bass I've ever heard, and some of the best quality. Just realize that the VB stresses sub-bass, and not the warm mid-bass that most bass heavy earphones emphasize. So before buying them, just be certain it's the kind of sound you're looking for. If not, you're likely best off with the brainwavz m2 or fisher audio eterna.

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 7
CKS70, EX40XB, Turbine, Vibe II, S4 and if you raise your budget then Radius DDM are highely recommended.........

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for the heads up about Munitio, I hadn't heard of them before. They do ship to Sweden, however, both the earphones themselves and the shipping are a fair bit too expensive. The 'vibrato' code seemed to work, but I didn't notice a change in price.

I'm considering the Hippo VB as well, but like you I don't fancy their design too much.

Right now my main contenders are:

[EDIT: Added more to the list]

a-JAYS Three
Audio-Technica ATH-CKS70
Fischer Audio Eterna
Hippo VB
Klipsch Image S4
MEElectronics M6
MEElectronics M9
NuForce NE-6/NE-7M
Panasonic HJE-900
Sony MDR-XB40EX
Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 220
Xears TD100

I want good bass for fast electronic music, not mainly slow hiphop stuff. Does anybody know where I can get the Fischer Audio Eternas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back