$100-150 To Spend Need Help Please!!!!
Jan 25, 2008 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Darkdemon374

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the better headphone game always used what came with it.Now I'm a bit older and would like to appreciate the music i listen to.I have around $100-150 to spend.I'm looking for "over the ear" cans.Size dosen't matter(thats what she said
biggrin.gif
)HAHA anyways I don't care how i look in them.I think closed cans would be the best cause i don't want leakage noise cancellation is not that important.But if there's a open that dosen't leak alot that would work.
So far i'm thinking Denon AH-D1000S/Sennheiser HD280 Pro/Sennheiser HD-555.
Music source: Zune 80G 2nd Gen.
Amp:None(Down the line but not soon)So mabye a phone the would be good now and also improve with a amp.
Music:
10,000 Maniacs
A Fine Frenzy
Amy Winehouse
Tupac
Bif Naked
Cat Power
Bon Jovi
Corinne Bailey Rae
Creed
Metallica
Collide
Alanis Morissette
Dido
Sheryle Crow
Dixie Chicks
Led Zepplelin
Pink Floyd
Pink
Robert Johnson
Son House
Tristan Prettyman
The Bird & The Bee
Kimya Dawson
also have Acoustic tracks of many

The music is scattered I listen to alot of genre's(I have 222 Artists on my Zune) just not classical or opera yet.I hope that's enough info for some feedback Please Help.

Thank You,
Darkdemon374

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 17
All the phones you listed are probably decent choices in that price range. You may wish to consider Alessandro MS1s and Audio-Technia ATH700s.

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the phones you listed are probably decent choices in that price range. You may wish to consider Alessandro MS1s and Audio-Technia ATH700s.

I agree, this range 100-150 is where best bang-for your buck lies
Did you mean by ATH-A700s? or AD700s?
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, this range 100-150 is where best bang-for your buck lies
Did you mean by ATH-A700s? or AD700s?
biggrin.gif

I meant ATH-A700s, but they might be discontinued now. Not sure...

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 17
Out of the headphones you listed, I own the denon d1000's and hd555's. The hd555's are pretty nice phones. They have an overall warm presentation, however I prefer listening to music on my es7 and d1000. The es7 are more of on ear headphones than over the ear, so I don't think that you would liek them comfort wise. The denon's are the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned, and their sound is very nice for the price. I'm having trouble deciding on which headphones I like better between my es7 and d1000. I only plan on keeping one of them, but they both have their own great qualities. For your situation, I have no problem recommending the d1000, as I love these phones.

Jan 26, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 17
Thank You for all the advice I just ordered the Denon AH-D1000.I also just ordered the MiniBox-D portable headamp(so much for the not anytime soon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back