10 -band Multichannel Parametric EQ GUI for Windows ...
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #16 of 33
Sorry, that I'm drilling you with questions, at the moment. But as I see in your signature that you are working with ASIO drivers and tools, I wanted to ask if there's even a way to use Equalizer APO and your tool in conjunction with ASIO drivers for a soundcard instead of DirectSound?

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 33
  I'm just trying to try out your function "Load Ref", but there are many open questions. Which resolution should the image file have or better said which is the perfect resolution? Also, I know HeadRoom, but there are 3 graph types (frequency response, frequency response compensated and frequency response raw). Which one of these should one take? An even bigger problem for me is the question which dynamic range in their graph I should choose. None of these seem to match the one of your tool.

I have to admit that so far the "load ref" is tested using HeadRoom graphs only. I did put an example in the documentation you can download through my software pages.
In the future, I'll try to make this image procedure happen in software (clipping/positioning/zooming, etc.).

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 33
  Sorry, that I'm drilling you with questions, at the moment. But as I see in your signature that you are working with ASIO drivers and tools, I wanted to ask if there's even a way to use Equalizer APO and your tool in conjunction with ASIO drivers for a soundcard instead of DirectSound?

There would be some lisencing issues then....

As my software is just a GUI (no audio stream I/O), achieving that would need integration of my GUI + EqualizerAPO + ASIO. Instead of that work, wouldn't it be better to build software which has only needed parts of APO functionality, VST support, ASIO support and a GUI which would be a VSTHost?

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #19 of 33

There would be some lisencing issues then....

As my software is just a GUI (no audio stream I/O), achieving that would need integration of my GUI + EqualizerAPO + ASIO. Instead of that work, wouldn't it be better to build software which has only needed parts of APO functionality, VST support, ASIO support and a GUI which would be a VSTHost?

Do I understand you correctly, that (based on your current project) you are planning the development of such a software with a bride range of support / compatibility and maybe even with a standalone functionality?

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #20 of 33

Do I understand you correctly, that (based on your current project) you are planning the development of such a software with a bride range of support / compatibility and maybe even with a standalone functionality?

AFAIK, a system-wide standalone VST host is possible to do through APO features.
Some time ago I checked the possible integration of EqualizerAPO into my GUI software to get a standalone EQ and found out that not much coding would have been needed for to build one ... but, as for me it would be a licensing issue (maybe someone is already building it already...).

When my knowledge level in C++, driver, ASIO and APO programming is good enough, it's gonna be another project ... maybe based on VSTHost source (source is available in C++  but, needs to be transferred into VS 2010-2013 environment - http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm ).

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #23 of 33
Hi jiiteepee,

Thanks a lot for that great GUI. I've been using it for a few days now and am delighted with its capabilities.

However, I have noticed an issue : on my computer the writing is out of place. As you can see in the screenshot (link below), the frequency range below the graph is all shifted to the left (the slight peak in the treble actually has its center frequency at 9159 Hz, not 30khz+... ), and the writings alongside the sliders are messed up too. (Screenshot : http://hpics.li/42537e2 ).

I found a way of making it look correct by adjusting Windows display properties to display fonts in a smaller percentage of their size... but then it becomes very uncomfortable to the eye as all fonts in all softwares become tiny.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have latest VC++ and .net framework installed.

Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Thanks for any help.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #24 of 33
  Hi jiiteepee,

Thanks a lot for that great GUI. I've been using it for a few days now and am delighted with its capabilities.

However, I have noticed an issue : on my computer the writing is out of place. As you can see in the screenshot (link below), the frequency range below the graph is all shifted to the left (the slight peak in the treble actually has its center frequency at 9159 Hz, not 30khz+... ), and the writings alongside the sliders are messed up too. (Screenshot : http://hpics.li/42537e2 ).

I found a way of making it look correct by adjusting Windows display properties to display fonts in a smaller percentage of their size... but then it becomes very uncomfortable to the eye as all fonts in all softwares become tiny.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have latest VC++ and .net framework installed.

Has anyone else encountered this issue ?

Thanks for any help.

No one has reported this until now.
You have .NET Framework v. 4.5 in use (I have not tested with newer verions)?
If you take a "Prt Scr" capture and paste the clipboard data to Paint and then check the image properties ...what is the resolution (96dpi) and also is the display "zoom" optin set to other than default 100%? If you set those properties to 96dpi and 100% does it fix the problem?

In next release of this GUI I'll take it back to use image in background so fonts should not be a problem anymore.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #25 of 33
Thanks for your reply !

Well the screen capture shows 120dpi. And that's the thing really : by default, my display zoom option is 125% and 120 dpi, that's Windows defaults setting on my computer. Setting it smaller to 96dpi (100%) and thus diverting from Windows default makes it too small for comfortable use. I'm using a laptop computer with 15,6 inches HD screen 1920 * 1080 resolution.

I'm not having that issue with any other software. But anyway, since you're going to use a picture as background in the next release, I'll just wait patiently :wink:

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #26 of 33
Thought I'd post a quick follow up to this small issue, in case there are silent readers encountering the same
wink.gif

In Windows 7 display properties where you can set the zoom and DPI font size thing, there is a tick box that says something like "Set scale as in Windows XP" (I'm translating roughly, my computer is in french). It is ticked by default. If you uncheck it, restart your system and start fPEQGUI... the problem is solved !

Here's a screenshot of the tick box to untick : http://hpics.li/683b299

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #27 of 33
Thanks for the tip caml.

PEQGUI-10MC is updated now to v. 0.60.  
Bug fixes, new GUI look, many improvements, new features: RIAA pre-/de-emphasis, CD de-emphasis, coefficient export, on top mode, send to notification area, etc.

I also made some High DPI Aware related changes so, caml, could you test this GUI in your system (I had some issues in W10 64-bit running in virtual box (Oracle's VM Virtual Box).

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #28 of 33
  Thought I'd post a quick follow up to this small issue, in case there are silent readers encountering the same
wink.gif

In Windows 7 display properties where you can set the zoom and DPI font size thing, there is a tick box that says something like "Set scale as in Windows XP" (I'm translating roughly, my computer is in french). It is ticked by default. If you uncheck it, restart your system and start fPEQGUI... the problem is solved !

Here's a screenshot of the tick box to untick : http://hpics.li/683b299

I made some High DPI Aware related changes to the latest update for PEQGUI-10MC so, caml, could you test this GUI in your system (I had some issues in W10 64-bit running in virtual box (Oracle's VM Virtual Box)).

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #29 of 33

I made some High DPI Aware related changes to the latest update for PEQGUI-10MC so, caml, could you test this GUI in your system (I had some issues in W10 64-bit running in virtual box (Oracle's VM Virtual Box)).

Sure !

Just downloaded the new version and tested it with various DPI settings and with the "Set as in WinXP" tickbox ticked and unticked. Results were good, as in all different settings the fonts stayed at their proper place.

On the other hand, IMHO the new font sure looks pretty, but it also does make it harder to read. It's just my preference but I like best simpler fonts like Arial.

Anyway good job and thanks for the update !
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #30 of 33
Thanks for the info.
Yes, I can agree on that font matter. As it's going to be totally different GUI look in next releases itwould be sdesirable to get some feedback regarding the GUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back