1 week review of Sony NW-ZX507 (NW-ZX500 Series)

ZX507 better than AK Kann Cube?

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #121 of 136
Will the NW-ZX507 stream Apple Music Lossless/High Res?

I have an M11 Pro and use Tidal currently, but would love to switch to Apple, which the M11P can't stream. (Right now I pay for Apple for the family and Tidal for myself.)

Also, is the 507 comparable to the M11P in sound quality?

My headphones are Shure SRH-1540 with 4.4 balanced cable.

Thanks!
From what I've read locally played files on the 507 is hard to beat in the musical sense of listening. But alot of concern about the 507 not playing true hi-res files on 3rd party apps. (qobuz, tidal eg)

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #122 of 136
2 Weeks ago i bought AK SR25 , 2 Days ago my ZX507 arrived,
so glad i let go the SR25. zx507 battery a little bit on the fast drain compared to SR25

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #123 of 136
2 Weeks ago i bought AK SR25 , 2 Days ago my ZX507 arrived,
so glad i let go the SR25. zx507 battery a little bit on the fast drain compared to SR25
battery is one of my niggles aswel. It hasnt really affected me though as I just plug it in at work. it only really gets used at home while not plugged in.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #124 of 136
battery is one of my niggles aswel. It hasnt really affected me though as I just plug it in at work. it only really gets used at home while not plugged in.
i used GaN charger 35w and jusst in a bit it went back to 96%ish.. so for me not a bad problem,
maybe when i forgot to bring my charger hahaha

just wonder when sony will release fw update for using as DAC, so i can use it at work without worrying to charge

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #125 of 136
i used GaN charger 35w and jusst in a bit it went back to 96%ish.. so for me not a bad problem,
maybe when i forgot to bring my charger hahaha

just wonder when sony will release fw update for using as DAC, so i can use it at work without worrying to charge
I wouldnt get your hopes up waiting for DAC mode, but then again you can never be sure what goes on in Sony heads

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #127 of 136
How does ZX507 sound compared to DX200?
Its been a long long time since I cant remember what the DX sounded compared to the 507. Although not fair for the DX, I didnt get the chance to run anything through mango. Only hifi tidal. But having the EQ on the 507, it transforms tidal's flat sound into musical bliss. so that alone I prefer the 507. But the dx200 isnt anything to scoff at played with native player. Just didnt work for me with tidal

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #128 of 136
The dx200 was a larger soundstate definitely, the 507 alot more engaging is forward. and 'bouncier'. But the iems I use give it a lot larger sound in sacrifice for its smaller stage.

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #129 of 136
I think for the IER-Z1R, you have to consider it's bulky design which may be discomforting to use for long term for some ear shapes. If you can get it to fit, then this is obviously the best sounding amongst all the Sony IEMs.

As for the IER-M9, it's weakness is in it's lack of punchy feel in the bass that you get with Dynamic Driver or Hybrids. But still it has enough airy-like bass to make up for the lack of punch.

XBA-Z5 is pretty comfortable to wear, but it lacks good soundstage of the M9 but it has really excellent bass. The stock cable isn't that good at all. You have to upgrade the cables.

Maybe the IER-M7 should be in your consideration too if you are the type that don't prefer strong treble. IER-M9 can sound overly-bright for some people.
As for a dongle with the M7 or M9, do you think the L&P W2 or BTR5 would be better? They are more affordable and have more power so I was curious

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #130 of 136
Not mentioned here is that the 507 will not be playing Tidal (or Qobuz or Amazon Music HD) back at full hi res - 3rd party apps are capped at 48k on this device.

It may sound great - but playback of any 3rd party app on the 507 can't be called hi res

Only files played by the Sony Music app will be reproduced in true hi res
But you can run Tidal through UAPP and then have the true MQA unfolding and HiRes experience, no?

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #132 of 136
My experience is the the Sony does not have enough processing power to use UAPP USB Player with Tidal. I tried and it was unable to load/play.

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #133 of 136
ich enabled me to get to details that I haven't reached on

I was just thinking of XBA-Z5 if I were to pair the ZX507 with an IEM. When i tried it at Sony Store they sounded awesome with a great attack to most modern music. Haven't tried the M9 though. My other option is the IER-Z1R (could be the ultimate pair for IEMs on Balanced).

At the office now and rocking this out with the NC & LDAC using h910N.

Can't wait when to hear the improvements once it's fully burned in.
Had Z1R, bought it twice, and sold it twice. Too uncomfortable after around 45 mins of in-ear time. Currently have M9 and 2 pairs of Z5. Love the Z5 so much that every time I want to grab the M9, my heart says no and Z5 wins, lol

Dec 22, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #135 of 136
Can you plug the ZX507 via USB into my DAC and use it as a streamer ? I don’t think you could with the Walkman A105 models.

In my experience yes, but I suppose it would also depend on the DAC you are using.

It worked with my Chord Mojo without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back