1 computer - 2 ipods?
May 24, 2007 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

trip221

New Head-Fier
Hey guys- my girlfriend would like us to use 1 computer instead of having 2 separate ones in our apt. She currently has an ipod and I've been considering getting one. Unfortunately our music tastes don't exactly line-up. Could we use itunes on 1 computer and keep the music separate for 2 different ipods? I'm assuming we'd have to turn off the automatic syncing. Would this be a pain? I'm also thinking that maybe I'll get a Zen Vision M so that we can use 2 different programs to make sure everything's separated.

Any suggestions? Thanks

May 24, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Yes. My wife and I do the same thing.

You'll need to create a new user account for yourself...when you start iTunes it will be a blank slate...you'll then just need to use the "add folder to library" option to pull music into the new instance of iTunes.

Make sure that your actual iTunes folder is the same for both instances of iTunes though...that way you won't have to store the files twice.

-Clay

May 24, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 6
You don't even have to create a new user, just have a playlist for her ipod and one for yours. Then sync each playlist to the ipod in question.

May 25, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 6
You could make 3 playlists - yours, hers, and shared, and only include the pertinent 2 in a given sync preference. Very easy to set up in iTunes.

May 28, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 6
hold down the shift key while starting itunes and you can create / switch between different libraries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back