$1.92 million for 24 songs
Jun 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 75
[size=xx-small]Isn't there already a thread about this?

Meh. In any case, this is why all the music I listen to isn't from the US. Well, that and the fact I've yet to find an album I like that is made by americans. xD

EDIT: hurr hurr hurr well Keith Jarrett is american. My bad. See post below.
[/size]

EDIT 2: Well let's try this again, as people are still getting butthurt about it.

Isn't there already a thread about this?

Meh, in any case, this is why I don't buy american music. Well, that and the fact that I've yet to find an american album I like. xD (With the exception of a few things by Keith Jarrett, although I would probably buy those used if any of the cash would end up in the hands of the MAFIAA)

A little extra note, I'm not saying american music is bad, I'm saying that the music I like just happens to not be american more often than not. (If you want to get angry about me not liking a form of music, then say I am shallow for not liking rap or classical string instruments such as the violin) I am however saying that I would think twice before buying anything under a label that is part of the RIAA, and would find other ways (Buying used, among others) to get it if I did like it.

Now stop whining about it.

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh. In any case, this is why all the music I listen to isn't from the US. Well, that and the fact I've yet to find an album I like that is made by americans. xD

Well, that is officially one of the shallowest comments I have seen. Definitely this year, perhaps ever
I hate to break it to you, but after looking at your Lastfm Library for less than 1 minute, I found 2 US artists (Keith Jarrett and Domino), so its obvious that your full of it.
Secondly, whether you like it or not, the majority of artists you listen to are directly and indirectly influenced by the American music community. In particular, I see your a big fan of Japanese music. Also being a fan, there is no denying that although the Japanese music industry is influenced by artists from all over the world, the US offers the heaviest influence. Case in point, the whole concept of Japanese rap, which is directly imitated. Also, how about trend of using English phrases in songs which sound oddly similar to an earlier American song
This is not intended to promote the American music community, because there are PLENTY of amazing artists from all over the world
But perhaps next time you want to bash the US, or any other country for that matter, you should put a little bit more thought into it

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 75
Where is the ignore feature? I've never wanted to use it before until now, but I can seem to find it.
confused.gif

Quote:

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that is officially one of the shallowest comments I have seen. Definitely this year, perhaps ever
I hate to break it to you, but after looking at your Lastfm Library for less than 1 minute, I found 2 US artists (Keith Jarrett and Domino), so its obvious that your full of it.
Secondly, whether you like it or not, the majority of artists you listen to are directly and indirectly influenced by the American music community. In particular, I see your a big fan of Japanese music. Also being a fan, there no denying that although the Japanese music industry is influenced by artists from all over the world, the US offers the heaviest influence. Case in point, the whole concept of Japanese rap, which is directly imitated. Also, how about trend of using English phrases in songs which sound oddly similar to an earlier American song
This is not intended to promote the American music community, because there are PLENTY of amazing artists from all over the world
But perhaps next time you want to bash the US, or any other country for that matter, you should put a little bit more thought into it

Eh, TL;DR.

Yes Keith Jarrett is american, forgot about him, but you got the wrong domino. The domino I listen to is the one that makes eurobeat. See?

Sorry to see you guys getting all butthurt about the comment, but when it comes down to it a majority of the stuff I listen to just ends up being not made by americans. When I find something I like and I look up the artist, it always ends up that they are not american (A recent example, I found out that mastery is from canada, not america). If I intentionally didn't listen to american made music, then I probably wouldn't listen to Keith Jarrett, and that would make me sad. Heck even way back when I listened to classic rock all of the groups I liked were not american (AC/DC and The Who, but that was a long, long, long time ago)

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woman Fined $1.92 Million for Sharing Songs

If this goes through I will never buy another piece of music. They can choke on a big one. What a load.

I've already (years ago) stopped buying music where the 'industry' gets a piece of it.

I buy used cd's and no industry group gets a cut of that. that's my way of punishing the industry by voting with my dollars.

the industry has shown its hand and I find their behavior quite unacceptable.

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 75
Quote:

Eh, TL;DR.

Yes Keith Jarrett is american, forgot about him, but you got the wrong domino. The domino I listen to is the one that makes eurobeat. See?

Sorry to see you guys getting all butthurt about the comment, but when it comes down to it a majority of the stuff I listen to just ends up being not made by americans. When I find something I like and I look up the artist, it always ends up that they are not american (A recent example, I found out that mastery is from canada, not america). If I intentionally didn't listen to american made music, then I probably wouldn't listen to Keith Jarrett, and that would make me sad. Heck even way back when I listened to classic rock all of the groups I liked were not american (AC/DC and The Who, but that was a long, long, long time ago)

X2 on the ignore button

I assume when your talking about begin 'butthurt', your talking about this Eurobeat artist in your playlist
6984.jpg

Ok, sure, lets just forget about Keith Jarrett, why not. After looking at your playlist for another minute, here are a couple of other American artists I found:
Michael Jackson, Salt-N-Pepa, AC Slater

Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 75
Wow I feel sorry for you. So much great music.

Quote:

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 on the ignore button

I assume when your talking about begin 'butthurt', your talking about this Eurobeat artist in your playlist
6984.jpg

Ok, sure, lets just forget about Keith Jarrett, why not. After looking at your playlist for another minute, here are a couple of other American artists I found:
Michael Jackson, Salt-N-Pepa, AC Slater

Just out of curiosity, where are you from?

Eh which one is that again? I'm sure there was a good joke there but it went over my head.

Anyway, I listened to thriller once and it was ok, but I haven't listened to it again since. The fact that I don't remember those other two means that they are probably more eurobeat aliases. I'll go look them up now....

Alright AC Slater has one song on a bonkers album (Which is british, might I add) and the only info on the salt n pepa entry was 'radio'. I'm sticking with my guess that it is some random eurobeat song....oh and after a quick check it is in fact a random eurobeat alias. (Super Eurobeat vol. 60)

Anyway, like I said earlier I don't intentionally avoid american music or dislike it simply because it is american, I listen to music and find music I like, and it turns out that a vast majority of it isn't american. This might be partially due to the kinds of music I listen to (There are very few hardcore artists in the US, eurobeat is almost entirely made in italy, and I've yet to see a doujin circle that does touhou arranges based in the US. Oh, and by the way, one of those touhou arrange albums sounds just flat out american. (CROW'SCLAW - Frozen frog, go listen to it) and I still like it, but again it happens to be japanese. I only very recently started listening to jazz and metal, and I'm sure that a few american artists/groups will pop up there that I like) Right now Keith Jarrett is the only american artist I listen to that I like, that's just the way it has ended up.

Back on topic for a second though, if I did find say a jazz album that I liked that was released under a label that was part of the RIAA, I would have serious thoughts before buying it. (Although if I liked it, I would still listen to it.
wink.gif
) but what would probably end up happening is I would find a jazz group that I liked, and look them up, and find out that they are canadian.
confused_face.gif

Oh, and right now I live in TN. Go ahead and make some incest jokes.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #12 of 75
Quote:

Quote:

Eh, TL;DR.

You do realize the broad definition of "american" could be any one born or residing in the "new world". That is from the north most portions of Canada to the south most portions of Chile. So do you mean that anything made in the "new world" is not of your liking? Unless you are talking about "Americans"?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do realize the broad definition of "american" could be any one born or residing in the "new world". That is from the north most portions of Canada to the south most portions of Chile. So do you mean that anything made in the "new world" is not of your liking? Unless you are talking about "Americans"?
rolleyes.gif

Yes but that other word (I can't seem to find it now, it was something along the lines of usotopian (and yes I know that right there is not a word)) is awkward to use, plus I can't find it.

And I was raised in the US so that kind of language comes natural to me.
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #15 of 75
The bottom line for the court case is if you are going to break a law, you must be willing to accept the consequences for that action. The music industry didn't set the penalty amount, a jury did.

Whether anyone realizes this other than jurists, laws regarding property in the US are tough on offenders. Karma is a bitch...

Oh yeah, if you aren't a citizen and you don't appreciate the freedoms you enjoy here, leave. Most of us who served for the freedoms we enjoy would help you pack. If you denigrate any country in an open forum be prepared to hear about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back