$1.5 Million cans....For those with incurable upgradeitis
Aug 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could spend the $1.5 million on other audio equipment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. You could get an amazing home theatre setup and still have money left over for an Orpheus.

As mentioned, not only is it spending $1.5 Million on Ebay, but it's also a person with no feedback, with no mention of any charity or anything to identify him.

This being said, I still wonder how they sound.
biggrin.gif

Agreed. $1.5 mil can buy a world-class HT/stereo music/headphone set-up with change leftover.

My point about these is: There are those who wouldn't miss $1.5 mil one bit and could blow it on something like this. But what does that say about that person? To me it says "I have FU money and I'll blow it on whatever junk I want to be cause I'm a selfish, materialistic, show-off with no regard for anyone but myself".

Anyone with a shred of decency would at least spend that money on a hand-made Italian sports car or a seventh house, maybe in the Austrian Alps.

Aug 31, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #20 of 42
These are a total waste and I don't believe they'll ever sell (you could pretty much commission your own to be built for far less), but I think cswann1 is being very critical/judgmental. Why does anyone with disposable income spend any of it on themselves? Why do we buy things cheap that we know were made in unfair labour environments when we know we could pay more and know they were made under fair conditions?

Where is the line between spending a reasonable amount on yourself, and spending too much? Do we go to an extreme of communism and say we have no possessions? To an extreme where we buy ridiculous things that create non-progressive jobs that revolve entirely around entertainment? It's a very complicated matter of human culture, and not really justified to point at some rich guy and say "you could have fed 1000 starving children for as year with the money you paid for that." Sure, but generosity is reserved for people you know.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. $1.5 mil can buy a world-class HT/stereo music/headphone set-up with change leftover.

My point about these is: There are those who wouldn't miss $1.5 mil one bit and could blow it on something like this. But what does that say about that person? To me it says "I have FU money and I'll blow it on whatever junk I want to be cause I'm a selfish, materialistic, show-off with no regard for anyone but myself".

Anyone with a shred of decency would at least spend that money on a hand-made Italian sports car or a seventh house, maybe in the Austrian Alps.

I understood your statement the first time around; I was just trying to make a comment about audiophiles in general. There are some people who probably think it's wasteful for me to spend $1200 on an amplifier, when that money could be donated to a food bank, etc.

It makes me wonder about my own spending sometimes.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #24 of 42
those crocodile skin earpads must be the most comfortable ever made! the sad part is that Im sure there are enough stupid people with money that could buy them, they buy way more stupid things all the time

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #30 of 42
I think I've already spent about $1.5 million on headphones since stumbling on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back