1/4" to 1/8" cable adapter under $100
Oct 28, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #16 of 19
Monster are actually generally pretty restrained about their pricing, at least compared to most other 'audiophile' cable brands. Like, their top expensive interconnect is ONLY £70. Madness.

No idea if their cables are counted as 'good,' though. Keep in mind that while Monster is the company that brought us the excellent Turbine Pro Gold, Copper and Miles Davis tribute, they are also responsible for the entire Dr Dre line, Lady Gaga Heartbeats and... ugh... Bieber Beats.

Buy at your own risk.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #17 of 19
For an adaptor, buy an adaptor, not a cable. Even the stupidly expensive adaptor cables use plugs and sockets that use exactly the same metal components the adaptors use, so spending more than the couple of dollars an adaptor costs is outright insane.

Oct 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
JoetheArachnid said:

Monster are actually generally pretty restrained about their pricing, at least compared to most other 'audiophile' cable brands. Like, their top expensive interconnect is ONLY £70. Madness.

No idea if their cables are counted as 'good,' though. Keep in mind that while Monster is the company that brought us the excellent Turbine Pro Gold, Copper and Miles Davis tribute, they are also responsible for the entire Dr Dre line, Lady Gaga Heartbeats and... ugh... Bieber Beats.

Buy at your own risk.

That's why I was curious about the Monster brand...I knew they made a few good products but they made the Dre, Gaga product lines. The Bieber Beats are new to me, it looks like I'm gonna have to pick up a pair! (kidding) I'm gonna check out the Monster iStudio cable and see if I can uncover some more reviews or material on it.

Quote:
For an adaptor, buy an adaptor, not a cable. Even the stupidly expensive adaptor cables use plugs and sockets that use exactly the same metal components the adaptors use, so spending more than the couple of dollars an adaptor costs is outright insane.

I thought that it was bad to buy just an adapter because it puts stress on the headphone jacks. Is there another side to this story that I don't know about?

Oct 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
I thought that it was bad to buy just an adapter because it puts stress on the headphone jacks. Is there another side to this story that I don't know about?

Regular adapters do put stress on the headphone jacks.  Look here:  http://www.headphone.com/accessories/hosa-14-to-18-adaptor-cable.php.  Grado makes an adapter as well:  http://www.headphone.com/accessories/grado-quarter-to-eighth-inch-plug-adapter.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back