1/4" Jack to USB Portable Amps?
Jan 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dellim00

New Head-Fier
So... the 3.5mm adapter for my Senns just destroyed my laptop's headphone ports; when I was pulling the cable out, the plastic twisted and tried to go with it. One is completely wrecked and the other seems to play mostly to one driver or the other (the headphones with the adapter work fine on other devices). I don't blame the adapter entirely because the construction of my laptop isn't that great - already wrecked one usb port on that side. 

Are there any decent amps that connect to computer by USB with a 1/4" jack? I'd really prefer that than using the bulky adapter if possible and I'm almost positive the repair for the two headphone ports (and the USB, 'cause I'd fix all of them at once if I had to go in for repair) is gonna cost more. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 3
There are many USB DAC/amps available. What's your budget? That would help a lot.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Under $100 would definitely be preferable. I've seen the Fiios e7 and a few others but haven't really seen anything straight from 1/4" (they all look like 3.5mm and I still want to avoid using the adapter if possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back