08-09-03 Atlanta Meeting Impressions
Aug 10, 2003 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tanfenton

500+ Head-Fier
Before anything else... Thank you, Leo, for being a gracious host and letting the gathering last into the night; thank you, Ph34rful, for driving from Tennessee; thank you, MagusG, for bringing your monitor and Sonata; thank you, Carlo, for sending Stax; and thank you, mom, for baking the pie. Mmmmm, pie.

Insert picture of pie here.

NGF

Aug 10, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 6
gear.jpg

Most of four peoples' gear

thespread.jpg

The end of the theater room (left to right: MagusG and I)

leo.jpg

Our host. Dark Side of the Moon (oooohhh, serious audiophile factor!) is spinning on the B&O Beogram 1700.

More soon.

NGF

Aug 10, 2003 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Aww. I forgot to take a picture of the pie.
lol

I had a good time guys. Even though there was only 4 us I am glad I made the trip.

Although I regret it at the same time cause now I really want a Gilmore!
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Grado pads:

I'd had flat pads on my SR-60 several years ago and again on my HP-1 earlier this year. I heard Vwap's reproductions for the first time Saturday.

Vwap's pads gave against my ears where flats don't. The foam is softer, which isn't altogether bad, and my lobes sank into the surface until they met the driver cloth. I felt they were supported more by the surface of the headphone casing than they were by the pad itself. I didn't like this although they did sound essentially the same as their model and felt much better than the horrible excuses for pads Grado has stuck us with.

[At the meeting, I took Magus's flat pads in trade for some computer hardware which he installed on the spot. I think we're both pleased with our new aquisitions.]

Again, more soon.

NGF

Aug 11, 2003 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Did you guys get to hear Magus's SR-200's and Leo's RS-1's on the same amp? Can anyone give some feedback to the differences. Damn, I wanted to here those SR-200's.

Aug 11, 2003 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Ok, so where is the pic of me wearing the elusive Gradoheiser RS-600?
-Mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back