0404 USB vs. iBassoD1 vs. Total Bithead...FIGHT!
Sep 26, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 5
I think it may be a two hit fight. D1 hits Bithead,and Bithead hits the floor.
Ive never heard either one, but looking at what others posted,it seems likely.....but time will tell,after the FOTM wears out .
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it may be a two hit fight. D1 hits Bithead,and Bithead hits the floor.
Ive never heard either one, but looking at what others posted,it seems likely.....but time will tell,after the FOTM wears out .
smily_headphones1.gif

how well does the 0404 usb compare to the D1?

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 5
There is a thread right now where they are talking about the iBassoD1. Supposedly it is a very good DAC/Amp combo especially with modded op amps. The op amps that seem to be the best are the LM4562 and the great thing about them is you can get them as free samples from National. No soldering is required either because they are the socketed type. Hooray!

You might also want to take a look at the MOVE.

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm not sure about other's but I've got a BitHead and I like it. Listening to it has got me more interested in the whole "audiophile" thing. I'm still learning, but I've got it hooked up to my computer and it seems pretty decent with high bit rate AIFF files. There tend's to be some noticable clipping with "S" sounds which can be a little annoying, but it sounds a lot better than driving my headphone with my computers soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back