0404 USB and ASIO question
Nov 26, 2007 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JimP

500+ Head-Fier
As many have posted, the 0404USB is a fantastic 'bang-for-buck' item, with many uses. I enjoy straight headphone out while surfing the 'net, and am using it as a SPDIF conduit out to my DHA3000 dac/amp.

The basic question I have is:

Everytime I start my computer, I have to in Foobar, re-add ASIO and configure for SPDIF output left/right channel. Not a big deal, as it only takes me 10-15 seconds. But is there anyway it automatically retains the ASIO settings?

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 7
I've always had this problem, as well. There doesn't seem to be a fix, and the 0404|USB is the only device this happens with (doesn't happen with 0404|PCI or Auzentech X-Fi Prelude).

While I was using the 0404|USB, I basically just had to deal with it, since it persisted through several updates and betas of foobar.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 7
Can you leave your PC running? I built a fairly quiet machine and it's always running. I only reboot for patches. Running XP. I know it's not the solution, but maybe a band aid you can live with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As many have posted, the 0404USB is a fantastic 'bang-for-buck' item, with many uses. I enjoy straight headphone out while surfing the 'net, and am using it as a SPDIF conduit out to my DHA3000 dac/amp.

The basic question I have is:

Everytime I start my computer, I have to in Foobar, re-add ASIO and configure for SPDIF output left/right channel. Not a big deal, as it only takes me 10-15 seconds. But is there anyway it automatically retains the ASIO settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back