Apr 18, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 30
LOL
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
? is the yin to ¿'s yang.

LOL. Your system, like mine, must not have the proper character set installed so it displays as "?" instead of what it's suppost to look like.

Apr 19, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 30
That sig came out of a post that had something to do with a Japanese manual. I honestly can't remember why they found something in it so funny... Anyway, I've been no help, but it's just some inside joke that had to do with a manual.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silfer
What does it mean?
I've seen this in some peoples signature and all I can find is that it translates to "$$ln" If you translate from Korean to English according to babelfish.
confused.gif

I think it's the same symbol I once wanted to engrave on a volume knob for an amplifer. That might give you a hint of its meaning already, to give more volume the amp needs more...? (ru
biggrin.gif
).

Before you learn what it means, you must know that once you know it, there's no turning back. Now that you've been warned, if you still want to know what it means (well and if it's the symbol I think it is), then take the red pill.

(But sorry if I'm off though, not totally sure that's the character you are asking about)

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 30
You guys are one of the weirdest bunch of bastards I've ever met in my entire life. I fear the ru and all its ambigous might . . .
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #22 of 30
I wouldn't bother to look for the original thread, but it started out with someone posted a link to japanese site where a japanese audiophile's review of SA5000 (or AD2000) was on.
When it was put through Babelfish, a word "感じる"(kanji-ru :verb, to feel) was some how translated as "feel the る" (kanji :noun, feel or feeling + "ru").
I believe Jahn was the one who took it out of the context and made up a cult around it...

Apr 19, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I never understood the fascination with ru. I still don't, its just another hiragana to me
frown.gif

yup. hiragana. like "a,b,c,d... etc.". usage adopted from lengthy Japanese article about SA5000, etc. -- with mysterious partially/vaguely English, curious and evocative phrases and seemingly passionate exclamations!!!

Yes. Jahn is father of the る. The Legend continues. (...can he walk on water yet? Can he poke a katana out from within a bale of hay and slay a dozen unseen attackers?)

[size=medium]feel the る.[/size]

Apr 19, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
I wouldn't bother to look for the original thread, but it started out with someone posted a link to japanese site where a japanese audiophile's review of SA5000 (or AD2000) was on.
When it was put through Babelfish, a word "感じる"(kanji-ru :verb, to feel) was some how translated as "feel the る" (kanji :noun, feel or feeling + "ru").
I believe Jahn was the one who took it out of the context and made up a cult around it...

This was the actual reason, don't you think? is? Those which start by the secure translation of ベーベルフィッシュ, that being the amused. I use in always
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
This was the actual reason, don't you think? is? Those which start by the secure translation of ベーベルフィッシュ, that being the amused. I use in always
biggrin.gif

Because this is funny enormously, it will try posting the composition where I translate Japanese into English from this time.
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
yup. hiragana. like "a,b,c,d... etc.". usage adopted from lengthy Japanese article about SA5000, etc. -- with mysterious partially/vaguely English, curious and evocative phrases and seemingly passionate exclamations!!!

Yes. Jahn is father of the る. The Legend continues. (...can he walk on water yet? Can he poke a katana out from within a bale of hay and slay a dozen unseen attackers?)

[size=medium]feel the る.[/size]

Hmmm, somehow I can see this appearing somewhere in my fantasy novel
biggrin.gif

Jahn could become a chronicalized hero!

Apr 19, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

biggrin.gif

LOL, now I think I get it. I'm trying to learn japanese so I don't have to use dumb babelfish translations. Look at the progress I'm making so far... ベーベルフィッシュ = beeberuhuishyu or babelfish
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

biggrin.gif

To return to this post I put this sentence to Babelfish.
"俺は実際に元の文章と翻訳後の文章を比較したから知ってるのよ。"
(MY translation: "I know this is the reason because I have actually compared original and translated article.")

And look what I got.
"Because we really compared original composition and the composition after the translating, knowing, it is the る."

I am very scared right now....

Apr 19, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
"Because we really compared original composition and the composition after the translating, knowing, it is the る."

I am very scared right now....

You should be - you just revealed the secret first lesson of the る. Comparing the original composition to the composition after is the first step to knowing the る.

Expect a midnight visit from the る-warriors tonight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back