「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #67,726 of 177,744
Quote:
Why bold transistor? I thought most used transistors already? The FETs and what not.

What case are you gonna put P-T in?

To show where "T" comes from.

This is the simulated THD driving 60Ω load at 200mW (the max amount of power most headphones can take) with 5kHz

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #67,727 of 177,744
Quote:

Do you have to deal with the manufacturers directly in your neck of the woods?

The store I usually frequent lets us exchange it on the spot if it dies within one week, otherwise, they'll send it off to the manufacturers for us, which takes up to a month.

It was an amazon warehouse dealer that I bought from a few times, with mixed results. I don't trust their non existent IT department to do feck all so I've RMAed the card to EVGA and sent them(the seller) an email asking if they would like to pay for the P+P since the product was faulty and I might overlook the highly negative review I could write.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #67,728 of 177,744
Originally Posted by Tangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was an amazon warehouse dealer that I bought from a few times, with mixed results. I don't trust their non existent IT department to do feck all so I've RMAed the card to EVGA and sent them an email asking if they would like to pay for the P+P since the product was faulty and I might overlook the highly negative review I could write.

Good luck, hope the turn around time isn't so bad over in the UK.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #67,730 of 177,744
I finally wrote a new post http://patheticfan.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/ookami-kodomo-wolf-children-did-not-make-me-cry-seriously/ 

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #67,732 of 177,744
Rant on skype. But you've done it here so...
My response - I agree. The man plays Go and makes udon. That's good enough for me.
I could've sworn I said Seattle huh.

Can't sleep for schiit today. Tried real hard too. 
Oh well that 3-foot stack of mark-ups I need to do is staring me right in the face about now. Not to mention my canvas. And now I sort of want to take a walk...at midnight. 
It's great to be back home.

I...don't even...what?

I...don't even....what.
Everyone repost this for prosperity. Holy mother of ****** ******** **** on a pineapple sorbet.
That is a glorious piece of broccoli.

Well we can rant on Skype tonight when I get done with my senior presentation :)
Seattle? What are you talking about?

But the whole point of vinyl is the spinning disk that's fun......

Yup, I completely agree.
The senior project? Basically you have to go in front of a panel of judges and make a 15 minute BS presentation on your life up until high school, your high school life, and then what you plan to do once you leave. Though it's a state graduation requirement, IMO it's just there to make the administrators feel good about themselves and how they've helped every screw*** kid at school mature into an adult who's ready to go out into the workforce, get a job, and start paying taxes...
Yup, I agree with you. BS makes the world go round...

Alright.... here's my latest work:
Project-T - a full discrete transistor headphone amp.
It all started when joe told me there will be an event in HK but it's right in the middle of my finals.
So he'll probably do host a booth at that event featuring his EQ philosophies along with both my Project-H and this Project-T.

There's what I got so far:
The simulated THD is too low to be measured at 10kHz since the meter's lower threshold is -100dB (0.001%)
Output DC offset is adjustable, here it's calibrated to 13.5µV

Niceu! Looks like a fun build, can I make one too? :p

Thanks for helping me graduate!

Link did not work...

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #67,733 of 177,744
Updated link sorry http://patheticfan.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/ookami-kodomo-wolf-children-did-not-make-me-cry-seriously/

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #67,734 of 177,744
Quote:
The senior project? Basically you have to go in front of a panel of judges and make a 15 minute BS presentation on your life up until high school, your high school life, and then what you plan to do once you leave. Though it's a state graduation requirement, IMO it's just there to make the administrators feel good about themselves and how they've helped every screw*** kid at school mature into an adult who's ready to go out into the workforce, get a job, and start paying taxes...
Yup, I agree with you. BS makes the world go round...
Niceu! Looks like a fun build, can I make one too?
tongue.gif

Well that's dumb...
IB has the reputation of being a hellhole of BS.... but now I'm not so sure.... it seems that the whole world is one big pile of it.

Sure, Ill make a PCB of it anyway.... and when I make PCBs, it's 10 or nothing.....)

Oh did I tell you that the T in Project-T also stands for troll?
I'm a huge IC supporter and this amp has none of it
tongue.gif

But just because I'm trolling doesn't mean I'm gonna make a piece of crap and throw it out there,
it will still be a well-engineered amplifier that represents my current abilities in the field of electronics, look forward to it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #67,736 of 177,744
Well that's dumb...

IB has the reputation of being a hellhole of BS.... but now I'm not so sure.... it seems that the whole world is one big pile of it.

[rule]
Sure, Ill make a PCB of it anyway.... and when I make PCBs, it's 10 or nothing.....)

Oh did I tell you that the T in Project-T also stands for troll?
I'm a huge IC supporter and this amp has none of it :p

But just because I'm trolling doesn't mean I'm gonna make a piece of crap and throw it out there,
it will still be a well-engineered amplifier that represents my current abilities in the field of electronics, look forward to it. :D

Yup pretty much. But the basic kids have to pass it with minimal effort, so I shouldn't have any problem... It's more like just showing up tbh.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it! I need another amp/DAC for my desktop setup :p

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #67,738 of 177,744
Quote:
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it! I need another amp/DAC for my desktop setup
tongue.gif

Wait.... P-H is not your desktop rig?

Amp section of P-T done:
This design can easily be scaled up into a speaker amp.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #67,739 of 177,744
Wait.... P-H is not your desktop rig?

Amp section of P-T done:
This design can easily be scaled up into a speaker amp.

Project H resides in my room, but if I go out to my desktop for an extended period of time, I transport it out to my desk and wire it up temporarily up there.
And I'd like the speaker amp variant as well please :)

Itekimasu!

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #67,740 of 177,744
Quote:
Project H resides in my room, but if I go out to my desktop for an extended period of time, I transport it out to my desk and wire it up temporarily up there.
And I'd like the speaker amp variant as well please
smily_headphones1.gif

Itekimasu!

I see~

It will be the same PCB, the high power version will need:
- Higher supply voltage, from ±12V to ±24V (maybe?)
- few different resistor values
- bigger output transistors (and MUCH bigger heatsinks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back