「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 2, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #53,551 of 177,745
Quote:

Also, final scene of the previous episode:

So how do you guys imagine a riot starting? Over a couple of days yeah? Just couple people joining in each day huh? All covertly and quietly. 

Ah, thanks :D
Honestly doesn't surprise me TBH once you think about how... uh... sheltered? (don't think that's the right word, but w/e I'm tired right now) the society is, I'm sure it's possible they go crazy at the smallest thing very quickly. I think that's what Mr. Gen is trying to get at with this series.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #53,552 of 177,745
Quote:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19161854

That. Is. Awesome...

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #53,554 of 177,745
nooo the bad english is killing me >.<

...goes to watch all the other parts.

That white guy is a boss. Fluent in both jp and english :)

But the bad English is hilarious!
I'm probably going to call it a night in a bit, oyasumi miina!

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #53,555 of 177,745

I know Mech would know this....

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

lol that looks like Saya.

Here, It looks pretty good.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #53,556 of 177,745
Quote:

I know Mech would know this....

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

Quote:

Yes it does (see above)

DAMN!!! EPIC SKILLZ!!!!!!!!!!

See this? That's right! 3 working beta22 boards!
I'm gonna fix the last one by tonight.

And you know what died? NOTHING!
All of the components are working fine.

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #53,557 of 177,745

No Schiit Sherlock, that's THR point...

Yes it does (see above)

DAMN!!! EPIC SKILLZ!!!!!!!!!!

[rule]

See this? That's right! 3 [COLOR=FF0000]working[/COLOR] beta22 boards!

Damn, what was the problem with the 3rd board?

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #53,558 of 177,745
Hello everyone!

Nice to see an anime thread here, kinda embarrassed I only found this now. Anyways, for those of you who are interested, I am currently holding unlimited invites to the private anime tracker Animebytes. If it sounds like something good please send me a PM, if you don't know what a private tracker is, then.. uhm, xD

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #53,560 of 177,745
And I was bored for 30 minutes.

Here's the result of that boredom. lol

I'd put that on my P-H if I was getting one. lol
looks nice!

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #53,561 of 177,745
Quote:
And I was bored for 30 minutes.

Here's the result of that boredom. lol

I'd put that on my P-H if I was getting one. lol
looks nice!

If I were doing that pic, I would also put some wings on, to make it relate more to Saya :D

Oh hey chase, is it possible to make certain lines thicker?

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #53,562 of 177,745
If I were doing that pic, I would also put some wings on, to make it relate more to Saya :D

Oh hey chase, is it possible to make certain lines thicker?

Same here. I would have added saya's wings already, but I'm too tired. It's like 3:00AM here.
EDIT: yeah, I'm tired. I cut off her thigh during the render. >_< I'll probably fix that in the morning.

Yeah... Which ones do you want?

Oyasumi Minna!

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #53,563 of 177,745
Quote:
Same here. I would have added saya's wings already, but I'm too tired. It's like 3:00AM here.
EDIT: yeah, I'm tired. I cut off her thigh during the render. >_< I'll probably fix that in the morning.

Yeah... Which ones do you want?

Oyasumi Minna!

The Saya Magica picture is a little too provocative for me.  So I probably wouldn't use it.

I was thinking of making certain lines darker on the madoka x homura pairing.  In general darker, and perhaps smoother? if possible. Sorry if this is alot to ask. 

Basic plan will be one of these for the top and perhaps thicken some of the more important lines. I see alot of grey here and I'm not sure how it'll print.

And then following with maybe this or that for the knob engraving. Although I have a feeling the image will turn out pretty small because of the small size of the knob.

But yea, sleep is more important. Oyasumi!

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #53,564 of 177,745
I felt it was really poorly paced and dropped the ball in the second half with its pursuit of a mundane and aggressively melodramatic love triangle subplot. Show peaked for me during the climactic school jam with that ferocious improv section, everything that followed during the "refractory period" was pretty meh for me. Your experience may differ of course. I blame the subject material really, it's difficult to adapt so many volumes of manga into such a short runtime and make it feel satisfactory

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree with you. But I seemed to have experienced the anime differently, and I absolutely loved every second of it.

Making a longer adaptation would be dangerous as well.

The coating on the Ultrasharp monitors are a lot better now. You'll probably notice the difference if the two are placed right next to each other (juxtaposition) but in general use, you won't be able to tell.

That's not juxtaposition.

Hmm. ok. I used a desoldering pump to do it.
btw, the beta22 PCB was pretty well made, can't believe it took the abuse from my inpatient heatsink removal. :p
(that is, removing most of the solder then rip it out)

The B22 board is almost invincible. Trust me when I say it probably did worse things to it than you did. :p

I don't have a problem with your English. I can tell it's not perfect but if the information is passed on clearly, I don't care unless your grammar and spelling is actually atrocious. I've read enough fanfic to wish I had time to beta their writing(or slap their current beta reader around the face for not doing a good job).

I also dislike the head-fi reliance on html. Screws with Chrome autocorrect and the built-in autocorrect is total schiit.

It's not that Panda's English is bad in the sense of making a lot of mistakes (although he does), but it's more that he is lacking good writing skills. But I think that if he practices a lot and does a lot of literary analysis, he has the potential to become a good writer.

Don't worry, I'm sure your writing skills will improve with time. Keep reading, and more importantly, keep writing!

This is compulsory reading for any reviewer-to-be; I highly suggest reading it carefully, not just skimming through it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/40313/stax-sr-007-omega-ii-a-review-after-4-years-of-ownership

If you can capture the ethos of this review, in your own reviews, I think you'll do great.

I remember that review. I really liked it for it's uniqueness, but I wouldn't really call it that good of a review. It's a good piece of prose, I'll give you that.

): I skipped honors... still have to write.About worthless things! Even though my school is in the top 1% of schools, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people don't know grammar. Instead they go on to analyze poetry that no one else in the world cares for. Then you write essays that are subject to what the teacher thinks, even though there can be MANY ways to view it. I would totes slap every college board member- no, I'd round house kick them and make them reform the way english is taught. Not many people know grammar, but they clearly don't see that. It wasn't even taught in any of my schools except for 1 grade (8th). Most of the things I'd learned outside of school. Good old Murica for you.

That's not just America, that's the far majority of all the high schools across the world, and is not just limited to English, but to any native language subject.

And while you may not realize it, writing essays and analyzing literature is extremely useful. I didn't realize it until my last few months of high school either.
Both of these things are ways that can drastically improve your writing skills, both academically and creatively. It does depend on how it's taught at your school, but I at least eventually realized that without such exercises my writing skills would be horrible, or at least, far from as good as they are now.

Through analyzing literature you become aware of writing techniques and styles of many different people, and this awareness will make you able to use them yourself to a certain degree as well. Then through practice, you can improve your own writing techniques and create your own style. To reach this point will of course take a lot of practice, and is not withing the scope of secondary education to develop fully.

While I agree that a good focus on grammar is important as well, classically teaching grammar is not an efficient method. What a good English teacher should do is point out grammar/style mistakes in the works you hand in, and to explain what would be better.

Analyzing poetry is a little different, since most people will not actually start to write poetry. However, poetry is a method of teaching yourself to appreciate the beauty of a language. I have felt this beauty both in Dutch and English. When analyzing poetry (lyrics actually) in my free time, I realized that poetry is really quite beautiful. Heck, I even think of trying to write some poetry myself, though I do not know where to start. It also helped me a lot analyzing music, and I don't mean just the lyrics, I mean music in it self. This is because the analysis techniques actually transfer really well to other art forms.

While the subject Enlgish may not seem as useful on the outside as chemistry or mathematics, it is actually probably one of the most important subjects you will have been taught at school. In retrospect I feel sad I didn't take a higher level course in English, in fact.

Factual error in Sakamichi no Apollon episode 7

There are weapons hanging on the wall. A variety of hunting rifles in the library/band room. In Japan, it is extremely hard to get a lisense to own a rifle. Handguns are more or less forbidden.

To get the lisence for a rifle, you need to have a valid reason for what you need it for. Generally, hunting doesn't cut it. AFter you give a valid reason, you must go through a thorough police background check. this includes records of your entire life. You must then also undergo psychological analysis on if you are mentally stable.

Then, you get a police inspection and breakdown of your house, where you will store the guns, who will have access, etc etc. It must be in a highly secured locker with police knowing everything about who touches it and etc.

There will never be 5 rifles laying out in the open in Japan.

Even Gangsters will almost never resort to gun violence as police crack down on it hard. There were more murders by scissors in Japan than by firearms last year.

Fact rant end.

Have you considered Sakamichi being in rural 1980's Japan? Besides, is it given they are not replicas?
While I agree this may be a bit odd, you don't necessarily have to see it as a mistake.

See this? That's right! 3 [COLOR=FF0000]working[/COLOR] beta22 boards!

Nice dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back