「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 14, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #35,883 of 177,744
Holy crap guys, 1331 posts.....

A brief description of what I missed would be nice...

Whoever has the live album, Burning Hammer by Sex Machineguns should listen to the MC 1 and the first few seconds of Japan...it'll make you lol.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #35,884 of 177,744
I will take a small fee off top for designing and assembling.

That's fair enough, if the total amount from the whole project is equivalent to like a 6-pack of beer or something, you deserve a treat.

But you really shouldn't be profiting, because you aren't selling a product, you're helping the community.

The warm fuzzy feeling from helping people, and seeing your design come to fruition should be enough for you. 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #35,886 of 177,744
Quote:

That's fair enough, if the total amount from the whole project is equivalent to like a 6-pack of beer or something, you deserve a treat.

But you really shouldn't be profiting, because you aren't selling a product, you're helping the community.

The warm fuzzy feeling from helping people, and seeing your design come to fruition should be enough for you. 
tongue.gif

Don't expect a broke unemployed high school student to work for free! 
evil_smiley.gif

... yeah my generosity went out the window after I bought my pair of summit-fi's and went bankrupt.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #35,888 of 177,744
Quote:
"Member of the Trade" includes (but is not limited to) manufacturers; individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; individuals selling items acquired (or made by the individual and/or his associates) for the primary purpose of resale; individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; dealers; distributors; manufacturer's representatives; importers; magazine and e-zine writers.

Alright, so by definition I would be a MoT if I charged more then the components and shipping charges....

*Updates component cost listing*
JKJK

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #35,889 of 177,744
I feel like I'm a nobody (because I am a nohbdy. The Odyssey reference right there).

Doesn't sound that bad anymore, but I just started procrastinating this year and I need to get rid of it, like now.

I FEEL LIKE A NOBODY WITHOUT A GOOD GRADE. I FEEL LIKE A DISAPPOINTMENT. A PIECE OF SHAME. And there's my drive, which is soon going to make me want to kill myself.

I'm not exactly that happy with the idea of going to MIT because the price of admission compared to what you can learn is NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. It's ridiculously expensive for the amount of info you learn. I might be happier going to a well known good college (not the best of the best, just the top 20 or something) and getting free education online. That might make me happier now that I think about it. The other thing is that I won't have a huge crap-load of debt from student loans and such from going to such a college.

I don't feel like a little kid anymore...

No idea what the Odyssey is

I only learned how to get rid of procrastination around the time of my final exams. There was an inexplicable turning point after which I became more disciplined.

The first thing you should teach yourself is that grades don't really matter all that much. I can understand your feelings, but you must get rid of them. Trust me, your world is going to be much better after you do.
You know exactly the disadvantages of elitist universities, that's good. Top 20 is still really good. Never ever forget that. And besides, if you can do a good PhD research, then people won't care all that much about which university you went to.

You don't feel like a kid? I do.
I can't even provide for myself. I need to rely on government money and my parents, and I'm not doing any contribution to society.

Yep, I'm still a kid.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #35,890 of 177,744
Personally I'd love to go to Thai land Japan, learn thier language and thier culture marry up and enjoy a new life for the rest of mine! Plus the food :D yummy stuff! 

FTFY

Hmmm, isn't that left background from Ergo Proxy?

That's actually true.... I proved it myself with my DIY Discrete DAC.
but after the integrator stage, all the steps will be gone. 

Mathematically speaking it does not become smoother, but that would only be the case in a perfect DAC with an infinite sampling time.

In reality it's for different reasons than most people would expect that performance may be better on higher sampling rates. It's for two reasons, the first being that the chips and other components seem to respond better to higher frequency signals for some reason, and the other reason being that it allows the DAC to do noise shaping, which pushes some of the noise outside of the audible band.

Don't expect a broke unemployed high school student to work for free! :evil:

... yeah my generosity went out the window after I bought my pair of summit-fi's and went bankrupt.

Don't feel bad, dude.

I think it's completely fair that you're asking money for it. You spent/will spend a lot of time on it, and the price you're asking is still really low.
In fact, if I were to buy this device from you I'd offer to pay you workmanship costs even if you didn't ask for any.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #35,894 of 177,744
Quote:
Don't get the wrong idea though. I'm not saying you (b10) shouldn't collect some sort of compensation at all.

Quote:
Don't feel bad, dude. I think it's completely fair that you're asking money for it. You spent/will spend a lot of time on it, and the price you're asking is still really low. In fact, if I were to buy this device from you I'd offer to pay you workmanship costs even if you didn't ask for any.

Yeah, I was thinking of collecting a fee too, but HF rules...
I'll just have to get around that by adding my share to the material costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back