「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #177,481 of 177,742
I'm 8 episodes in and it's not too bad, though yes the characters are forgettable. Saint Valentine the real MVP

He tries his best.

IkSq6yW.jpg

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #177,482 of 177,742
Sent a CoolerMaster PSU in for an RMA (soft recall due to fan curve). Initiated the RMA on Feb 2nd and it took a month to get it accepted and now its been 3 weeks since they received it. Such speedy service -_-

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #177,483 of 177,742
Sent a CoolerMaster PSU in for an RMA (soft recall due to fan curve). Initiated the RMA on Feb 2nd and it took a month to get it accepted and now its been 3 weeks since they received it. Such speedy service -_-
What was the issue with the fan curve?

42D1DA55-C30C-4B88-B2C3-30D3D038EEDC.jpeg

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/23/22992424/nothing-phone-1-smartphone-carl-pei-apple-ecosystem

Ok, so Nothing’s gonna release a tablet, wearable, laptop and desktop computers, a bespoke OS to match and Nothing cloud services to tie it all off? Let’s see how much of Carl’s promises are actually BS this time around

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #177,484 of 177,742
What was the issue with the fan curve?

It has a "fanless" mode up to 15% usage, which is fine except to blow out the heat generated it would burst 100% fan speed for a few seconds at random intervals. If you were gaming (fan on at all times), or if this were for computers a few years ago (lower power draw) it would be fine; but all the new CPUs spike to so much power these days with turbo you could be web browsing and out of nowhere some system process triggers an all-core turbo and then the psu does a 100% fan speed burst.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/23/22992424/nothing-phone-1-smartphone-carl-pei-apple-ecosystem

Ok, so Nothing’s gonna release a tablet, wearable, laptop and desktop computers, a bespoke OS to match and Nothing cloud services to tie it all off? Let’s see how much of Carl’s promises are actually BS this time around

By this year of our lord and savior Shiba Tatsuya, you'd think we'd all be EXTREMELY allergic to tech promises like this. That long list of promises you listed sounds an awful lot like a certain cars, trains, rockets, and flamethrowers self-promoter..... or Star Citizen......

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #177,485 of 177,742
Just got a CM Storm Suppressor and did a fresh install of Windows 7! It was only $50, so less than half that of the QuickFire Rapid. Those macro keys will allow me to copy and paste like a baws.

czOagGQ.jpg
c2WETUG.jpg
PPmHUnE.jpg
The number/caps/scroll lock LEDs were mildly annoying white LEDs on top of a keyboard that already has a white LED backlight, and it has annoyed me for the past 7 years. Annoyance no more!

LegalFelineDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif
BlaringInexperiencedHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

XrrBGRN.jpg
0o81IXc.jpg
3NeRA3x.jpg

Akebi 12:
1648467207311.png

rick.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #177,486 of 177,742
The number/caps/scroll lock LEDs were mildly annoying white LEDs on top of a keyboard that already has a white LED backlight, and it has annoyed me for the past 7 years. Annoyance no more!

LegalFelineDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif
BlaringInexperiencedHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

XrrBGRN.jpg
0o81IXc.jpg
3NeRA3x.jpg

Nice mod!

Akebi 12:
1648467207311.png
rick.jpg

Really enjoyed the show, nice iyashikei, would like spin-offs that focus on some of the other girls.

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #177,487 of 177,742
7E6DF9E4-EF8D-41B8-B7BB-75EA1AD0CCE5.jpeg

@Tom Yum Goong thinking of u

It never occurred to me in the past, but of course this would be a thing, just don't know why it's always this model of generic headphone

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 11.24.13 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 11.28.39 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2022-04-02 at 11.29.52 pm.jpg

These EB2S are also interesting

255F0DB3-EFED-4D3D-862D-2180DDE8875C.jpeg

TFW no Hatsune Miku circumaural headphones

But in other news, I have a pair of AKG K371 drivers on the way

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #177,488 of 177,742

When is one not thinking of @Tom Yum Goong ?

It never occurred to me in the past, but of course this would be a thing, just don't know why it's always this model of generic headphone

Buy them.

These EB2S are also interesting

Buy them too.

TFW no Hatsune Miku circumaural headphones

But in other news, I have a pair of AKG K371 drivers on the way

Hard to believe there's no circumaural Mikus, are you talking available now or not ever? Hard to believe but she's 15 years old now eternal so there's been lots of products that have come and gone. (now imma have to google this out of curiosity)

*edit* Looks like THESE from 2016 were over ear.

Whatcha gonna do with them K371 drivers?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #177,489 of 177,742

I had an Apple Pencil die on me 2 months old, it would still connect but no input. First trip back to an office supplies retailer and they wouldn't take it back for repair until I tried new tips, so I had to order some directly from Apple as they didn't stock any. Surprise surprise it wasn't the tips (I've only used it like 15 hours and they shouldn't wear down that fast).

Second time around I had much kinder staff and they would've exchanged it on the spot, but since the insane Sydney weather meant logistics are strained, I got a full refund instead.

I think I'll spring the extra $25 on the 3 year extended warranty next time it comes back in stock, apparently the Apple Pencil isn't too reliable... I'm telling you guys it took a monumental amount of self-restraint to not drop a few grand on a Cintiq Pro.

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #177,490 of 177,742
Hard to believe there's no circumaural Mikus, are you talking available now or not ever? Hard to believe but she's 15 years old now eternal so there's been lots of products that have come and gone. (now imma have to google this out of curiosity)

*edit* Looks like THESE from 2016 were over ear.

Whatcha gonna do with them K371 drivers?
These were around a while ago but they didn't have actual headphone functionality:
http://sgcafe.com/2014/05/official-hatsune-miku-headphones/

Take note that these headphones are perfect for cosplay, but they don’t actually transmit music
I'm sure I've posted about the Miku edition MDR-100A before. I recognize those product photos. Can't seem to find the post though, will try to do more digging
Want!

Sony needs to make a Miku edition headphone to go with it.
Edit: @Muinarc

6C3AE289-F51E-4E6E-B8B7-D4B7EE6E2786.jpeg

I had an Apple Pencil die on me 2 months old, it would still connect but no input. First trip back to an office supplies retailer and they wouldn't take it back for repair until I tried new tips, so I had to order some directly from Apple as they didn't stock any. Surprise surprise it wasn't the tips (I've only used it like 15 hours and they shouldn't wear down that fast).

Second time around I had much kinder staff and they would've exchanged it on the spot, but since the insane Sydney weather meant logistics are strained, I got a full refund instead.

I think I'll spring the extra $25 on the 3 year extended warranty next time it comes back in stock, apparently the Apple Pencil isn't too reliable... I'm telling you guys it took a monumental amount of self-restraint to not drop a few grand on a Cintiq Pro.
Don't forget about Australian Consumer Law, if you took it back to Apple I'm sure they'd swap it without a fuss

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #177,491 of 177,742
Don't forget about Australian Consumer Law, if you took it back to Apple I'm sure they'd swap it without a fuss

I have an Officeworks 2 minutes away from me, the closest Apple Store is a 35 min drive one way. Man I just paid $2.45/L for petrol the other week. XD

The Extra Cover from Officeworks is cheap enough that it'll save me having to go full Karen just to use the ACL. I think they give store credit in return so if they revise it I can get a new version (oh who am I kidding it won't be backwards compatible =P).

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #177,492 of 177,742
I have an Officeworks 2 minutes away from me, the closest Apple Store is a 35 min drive one way. Man I just paid $2.45/L for petrol the other week. XD

The Extra Cover from Officeworks is cheap enough that it'll save me having to go full Karen just to use the ACL. I think they give store credit in return so if they revise it I can get a new version (oh who am I kidding it won't be backwards compatible =P).
Oof, I paid $2.08/L from Costco just the other day, then Costco's price dropped to $1.82/L two days after I filled up.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #177,493 of 177,742
I'm sure I've posted about the Miku edition MDR-100A before. I recognize those product photos. Can't seem to find the post though, will try to do more digging
So I was listening to Kizuna Ai's music as usual, then stumbled upon her Last Live through a clip of her grand entrance:

A few things; anime project announced, and she's going on an indefinite hiatus, with KZN stepping in as a voice synthesizer analog. A bit of a bittersweet departure to say the least, especially the piano renditions of AIAIAI and Hello, Morning at the end. Seemed like just yesterday when she and PewDiePie interacted through a series of videos.

Anyway, I searched VTuber in this thread, and on the same page of the search result I found what I misremembered as the Miku Edition MDR-100A. It was in fact the Miku Edition WH-1000XM4 (which has a nicer design IMO, I would not hesitate to buy an unlicensed Chinese fake of these)

Apr 14, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #177,494 of 177,742

Users who are viewing this thread

Back