「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 3, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #172,186 of 177,744
  http://i.imgur.com/XmzvvV3.jpg

talking abt dis

Wa.....
eek.gif

but most of the names don't event match....

@Youjo Senki 05

Tanya is just awesome, can't get enough of her character
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #172,188 of 177,744
I've literally waited for the OS recovery tool to load for 40 min with no success before calling Dell. I'll try again.

Maybe I missed something in the bios.

The Dell recovery tool thingy shouldn't take too long to load up, re-imaging the drive took maybe 15 minutes for me but that was with an SSD.

At this point I'd just do a fresh install, you'll find out quickly whether or not the hard drive is faulty. 
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #172,189 of 177,744
  Just take note of Tomaru Sawagoe.

Holy crap! How does this guy have children with his:
- girlfriend Inou Moegi
- daughter (also girlfriend) Inou Kagura
- grand-daughter (also daughter, girlfriend) Inou Hajime
- great-grand-daughter (also grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Rio
- great^2-grand-daughter (also great-grand-daughter, grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Risa
- great^3-grand-daughter (also great^2-grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Rika

MIND==BLOWN

ok time traveler right?

and he's also SD's MC's father AND one of the heroine's grandfather....

I just realized that technically speaking, a "family tree" is in fact not a tree... but a directed hypergraph.

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #172,190 of 177,744

The Dell recovery tool thingy shouldn't take too long to load up, re-imaging the drive took maybe 15 minutes for me but that was with an SSD.

At this point I'd just do a fresh install, you'll find out quickly whether or not the hard drive is faulty. 
tongue.gif

Yeah, I can't access the tool. As soon as I hit Windows Recovery, the laptop fans fire up and it just stays there. I can still move the cursor in the UEFI, but I cannot click anything. Tomorrow I'll get a USB from a friend to try and reinstall Windows with. My only storage large enough at the moment is an external HDD that I do not want to format.

Who knows, if it is a faulty HDD, I may have a legit reason to return it. The fact that there are clear fingerprints on the screen when I first lifted the laptop's screen is bothering me a bit. I can also hopefully get one with a fingerprint scanner now.

Holy crap! How does this guy have children with his:
- girlfriend Inou Moegi
- daughter (also girlfriend) Inou Kagura
- grand-daughter (also daughter, girlfriend) Inou Hajime
- great-grand-daughter (also grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Rio
- great^2-grand-daughter (also great-grand-daughter, grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Risa
- great^3-grand-daughter (also great^2-grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, grand-daughter, daughter, girlfriend) Inou Rika

MIND==BLOWN

ok time traveler right?

and he's also SD's MC's father AND one of the heroine's grandfather....

I just realized that technically speaking, a "family tree" is in fact not a tree... but a directed hypergraph.

Because logic. Everything makes sense in anime.
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #172,191 of 177,744
So...I wanted a dbrand skin for my new S5 for some time now but they don't have the skin. Someone finally asked and dbrand finally answered.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #172,194 of 177,744
@Chihayafuru ep02: I'm liking it. Mashima is kinda a dick. Non-standard Japanese dialects are all Greek to me. Then again, so is Standard Japanese.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #172,195 of 177,744
So...I wanted a dbrand skin for my new S5 for some time now but they don't have the skin. Someone finally asked and dbrand finally answered.

Jeez is this what the phone market is really like? I still find the S5 to be relatively new lol.

Feb 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #172,197 of 177,744
Rozenbutt and I went to a big audio convention today.
Here are my very in-depth impressions:

Nighthawk Carbon = blergh
Hifiman 560 = pretty alright
Hifiman 400i = meh
RHA T20i = bad
RHA CL1 = aural lance that will pierce your eardrums
RHA DAC/AMP thing = makes things louder
Fiio X5 III = pretty nice, but I'm not a fan of Android-based DAPs
iBasso DX80 = sounds better to me and feels much nicer (glorious buttons ♥)
Questyle QP1R = sounds good, is big, heavy and has a wheel
Hifiman HE1000 = nice
STAX 007 = nice
STAX 009 = still not my thing
Questyle gold stack that you could buy a decent used car for = makes HE1k sound better than straight out of my DX50
Questyle CMA600i = makes music sound better
iBasso IT03 = very nice soundwise and fits super good
Shanling M5 = winner of "weirdest volume wheel ever" award
Focal Utopia = meh
Weird big Onkyo headphone = sounds better than it looks
Lots of incredibly expensive amps, cd-players, turntables and speakers = hard to judge, don't really care anyway

We ate burgers, Rozenberg said my ES3 sounds good, then we kissed.

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #172,198 of 177,744
  Considering it's almost 3 years old I wouldn't really call that close to new anymore.

General computation devices age very quickly. Past 2 years is basically EOL.

You can't expect much(if any) manufacturer support after 2 years. Frankly you're pretty lucky to get more than one.

That said, a S5 of LG G3 etc is still perfectly usable today...so long as you aren't the type of person who hammers it with the latest apps and games. If you just need a basic smartphone for internet, messaging and the occasional photo it's fine, batteryis probably going to be donezo after 3-4 years though.

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #172,199 of 177,744
I think LineageOS is looking to bring Nougat to the S5 as well. I think they did it with the S3 already? I'd need to check, but I believe Lineage OS 14.1 (Nougat platform) is on the Galaxy S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back