「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 3, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #171,361 of 177,745
Mid range? 334 I guess.

Go try 334 and 335 by your own.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha I will of course. I don't think I could justify spending that much money on a headphone without demoing it first. I'm much too scared to do that 
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #171,362 of 177,745
Jan 3, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #171,363 of 177,745
Haha I will of course. I don't think I could justify spending that much money on a headphone without demoing it first. I'm much too scared to do that :D

My friend tried the 334 and 335 for almost half a year until his final decision.
Don't rush yourself making the judgment, it is so expensive but well made and build for lifetime.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #171,364 of 177,745
  Wow a lot more people have tried FitEar than I expected. I was under the impression that they were relatively to find outside Japan haha. If possible can anyone recommend me a model that's has a good midrange? I wanted to get into the CIEM market but I have no clue what to expect from it. I've tried some of Noble Audio UIEM (based of their CIEM) but (while good) I found them really boring. I would assume that FitEar would go well with JPop since it's from Japan? But who knows ^^, 

FitEar Ayayayayayayayaa, 333, 334 or if you like moar bass 335DW.

Noble Katana

Custom Art Pro330v2

Audio Technica IM02,  IM03

Oriolus

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #171,365 of 177,745
Mmmm moving to smaller lithography sizes actually causes more problems with heat IIRC since it's essentially smaller structures that are more tightly packed (and more of them too sometimes) so heat gets trapped more easily. There's some balance with power savings and efficiency but heat output doesn't change much between generations.

To put it very bluntly: smaller 'wires' => higher resistance. Especially when there's also suddenly more of those smaller ;wires'. The efficiency of transistors goes up with decreasing size, but again, since there are more of them, on the whole it can produce more heat as well. I'm not sure about the heat getting trapped more easily thing.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #171,366 of 177,745
The "heat trapping" is due to the increased use of additional materials other than silicon to prevent current leakage etc. These always have really really poor thermal conductivity compared to the bulk silicon transistors in old stuff. It's obviously a lot more complex and all, but "heat trapping" is enough for most tech sites.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #171,367 of 177,745
  The "heat trapping" is due to the increased use of additional materials other than silicon to prevent current leakage etc. These always have really really poor thermal conductivity compared to the bulk silicon transistors in old stuff. It's obviously a lot more complex and all, but "heat trapping" is enough for most tech sites.

Only really touched on ASIC design on old 130 nm+ process. I wonder how much do the new ones differs, must be massive.

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #171,368 of 177,745
Just played NieR:Automata demo again on a proper speaker system... dem sub-bass man
basshead.gif

also found out that the on-screen UI is completely customiziable via "chips", that's really cool.
I really like how they are taking the android idea to the game system level.

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #171,369 of 177,745
  Wow a lot more people have tried FitEar than I expected. I was under the impression that they were relatively to find outside Japan haha. If possible can anyone recommend me a model that's has a good midrange? I wanted to get into the CIEM market but I have no clue what to expect from it. I've tried some of Noble Audio UIEM (based of their CIEM) but (while good) I found them really boring. I would assume that FitEar would go well with JPop since it's from Japan? But who knows ^^, 

Buy the most expensive you could afford and let your mind pleases you.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #171,370 of 177,745

She is popular for a few reasons

You don't say.

RGB looks flashy, aggressive and in your face, and there are quite a few builds out there that looks sexy with it, especiallywith the ccustomizabilit, so the average new aspiring PCMR GAMER showoff will definitely be attracted by it~ Or at least nnot they will be attracted to a mobo less if it doesn't have RGB. Quite surprising how effective marketing can work at times. Take a boring feature nobody cares about, slap a new name on it and put it on the front page. All of a sudden, it must be important!

Most people don't know much about computers, so they don't know what to look for. Stuff like this can easily mask other flaws that are boring and nobody will look into. I also get the feeling that many people who just dug into a community/hobby are the most outspoken. Sadly, that becomes the blind (idiots like me :p thankfully you guys are here to punch me in the nuts if I spread false info. ^_^...why am I even typing this post, as if I think I actually know something... ) leading the blind. This pressure really gets the average person thinking: OMG I must get a K SKU and badass mobo to overclock, I will be losing out on so much if I don't! I must get the top of the line psu even though iI have clearly stated I have a top budget, because my house will catch fire if I don't spend that extra 30 dollars! I must get this case that is 1db more quiet when measured from the side, as well as all these ugly expensive fans, because the whole system will be unbearably loud and iImust have the best thermal paste and fans and airflow for that extra 0.5 degrees of headroom for overclocking! All this other stuff is necessary because it's on the front page! Oh, and yes, I definitely need skylake, more z170 mobos, ddr4 ram, and all that stuff because it is so worth it, even if the prices are so high at release as it's future proof! As if I will totally be updating my CPU every 2 to 3 year! Nvme M. 2! Creative BadassTecha4GAMERZ™ and some exotic caps from Japan! Intel NIC! LCD that I will never use after the first boot! Steel pcie slots with patented tech! Military grade specs! Heatsinks and fans for everything, even for storage and Ram!

This stuff tends to pressure people lot. Of course, some even take it personally if one doesn't make the same choice (say one may see something like an unlocked CPU to be useless and chooses not to buy a k ShucCPUwith a Z series mobo, even when one has a liberal budget). Distracts people from other things that actually matter like good i/o, usable bios, well designed circuitry, and getting the best value for your money as you may have dismissed things you will benefit from and have spent the money on useless things like a watercooled, RGB lit PSU.

The mobo industry seems to have really started to abuse this with the z97 mobos I guess, as the differentiating features between competition really isn't that big or exciting. Now they just took it to the next level: "Reviewers can only write so much with their time. Let's add a bunch of stuff that they can't ignore, even if all they do is make fun of it. This way, they will focus on the less important stuff instead of the things that really matter. It will also downplay the importance of certain flaws in the minds of less experienced customers, distracting them from everything we tried to be cheap about! "

Meh, I mean AMD would have won that war a long time ago with moar coarz and higher clocking chips. Right now it's still frequency wars for new people (and the misguided).

There's pretty little demand for a 80 Plus Plat PSU over a Gold one since Gold is usually viewed as good enough and the jump in pricing for that penny pinching efficiency is actually a bit much for a lot of people even if they are blindsided by other marketing (there really isn't much marketing when it comes to PSU; just wattage and 80 PLUS rating for the majority of people, more specific measurements for the more objective). Fans are more for looks; I almost guarantee nobody looks at CFM, dBA, SPL, etc. and if they do they usually only look for the highest values for the 1st and 3rd in that list or the lowest in the 2nd depending on their priorities (no CFM/dBA or CFM when restricted or any other metric since all of those CFM ratings are open air). Thermalpaste nowadays is literally always Arctic Silver 5 or MX-3 or whatever they recommend nowadays (at least that's what was recommended all the time just like how the Hyper 212 EVO or the Cryorig H7 are recommended nowadays without thought; but at least the 212 EVO and H7 have good reason to be recommended without thought, thermal pastes don't exactly make much of a noticeable difference). M.2 itself is a useless port unless the person is hyper invested in PCIe M.2 SSDs but the entry cost for those are too high; only a few will have that much money in their pocketbook to burn and those are usually the adults going in new; younger people at least have their parents to limit their spending.

The only things that sell easily are DDR4 (which is the same price as DDR3 already so not a big deal), unlocked multi for overclocking (AMD might be making this more appealing with SenseMI if SenseMI can do self-multiplier adjusting overclocking; I'm not sure how the GPU boost equivalent for CPU in SenseMI works but we'll see on release but I can probably guarantee that new people coming in when Zen gets released will go pretty anal on heatsink choice), and motherboard appearance (it's not really a war of features anymore).

The only big thing I saw with Z97 was motherboard shields (most of which were very poorly done). LEDs was Z170 and silkscreen printing for Z270. I'm not sure if you void warranty by removing the shield because some boards look pretty decent w/o the I/O and or motherboard shield.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #171,371 of 177,745
You don't say.

Meh, I mean AMD would have won that war a long time ago with moar coarz and higher clocking chips. Right now it's still frequency wars for new people (and the misguided).

There's pretty little demand for a 80 Plus Plat PSU over a Gold one since Gold is usually viewed as good enough and the jump in pricing for that penny pinching efficiency is actually a bit much for a lot of people even if they are blindsided by other marketing (there really isn't much marketing when it comes to PSU; just wattage and 80 PLUS rating for the majority of people, more specific measurements for the more objective). Fans are more for looks; I almost guarantee nobody looks at CFM, dBA, SPL, etc. and if they do they usually only look for the highest values for the 1st and 3rd in that list or the lowest in the 2nd depending on their priorities (no CFM/dBA or CFM when restricted or any other metric since all of those CFM ratings are open air). Thermalpaste nowadays is literally always Arctic Silver 5 or MX-3 or whatever they recommend nowadays (at least that's what was recommended all the time just like how the Hyper 212 EVO or the Cryorig H7 are recommended nowadays without thought; but at least the 212 EVO and H7 have good reason to be recommended without thought, thermal pastes don't exactly make much of a noticeable difference). M.2 itself is a useless port unless the person is hyper invested in PCIe M.2 SSDs but the entry cost for those are too high; only a few will have that much money in their pocketbook to burn and those are usually the adults going in new; younger people at least have their parents to limit their spending.

The only things that sell easily are DDR4 (which is the same price as DDR3 already so not a big deal), unlocked multi for overclocking (AMD might be making this more appealing with SenseMI if SenseMI can do self-multiplier adjusting overclocking; I'm not sure how the GPU boost equivalent for CPU in SenseMI works but we'll see on release but I can probably guarantee that new people coming in when Zen gets released will go pretty anal on heatsink choice), and motherboard appearance (it's not really a war of features anymore).

The only big thing I saw with Z97 was motherboard shields (most of which were very poorly done). LEDs was Z170 and silkscreen printing for Z270. I'm not sure if you void warranty by removing the shield because some boards look pretty decent w/o the I/O and or motherboard shield.

Knowledge +10 thanks to senpai~

\(^~^)/

The stuff I listed is kind of an exaggerated report of what I see rather common with prior seeking and getting advice for PC builds. One example is with PSUs. Yes, barely any marketing for them, yet for some reason certain people go crazy when a person choose to save tent bucks and doesn't buy the absolute top-of-the-line power supply with a 20 year warranty, and guess on crazy about how xyz PSU of course is terrible and will cause the whole world to explode. Same thing goes with many other things. Kinda confusing for less experienced people I guess. Of course, maybe I'm just biased with what I chose to remember.

Thanks for sharing your insights though.

The shields on the z170 board look terrible in pictures, but I personally find they don't look that bad in real life, especially after everything is thrown in.

Upsidedown cases are the best thou...Or anything that actually shows the GPU fan design.
----------

Mashed a bunch of reviews together to express my opinion on the latest game by CD Projekt Red.

First game review (that I appropriated from others) of my life~ o(^v^)o

The Gwenter 3: Wild Card.

Potentially the most
Intriguing, plot-driven game
of cards. Ever. Of all time.
A genuine masterpiece
Of staggering heartbreak;
Worth every penny and more.

"Medallion's humming. Place of a Gwent master, it's gotta be." —Undefeated Champion of the Northern Kingdoms.

The Gwenter 3: Wild Card.

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #171,373 of 177,745
  Riiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhttttt. If only that was actually a thing for some families... haha... I know a few builds that are stupid beyond relief that were funded by parents.

I sometimes wonder what kind of parents are the ones that let their children build $2000+ machines as their first one outside of ones that are also builders who buy into that kind of stuff or maybe just get a small loan of a million dollars.

New Kaby Lake chips are better than I thought as far as overclocking vs Skylake. Decent gains. Guess it comes down to if you want to spend time to bother and if you care about chip lifespan.

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #171,374 of 177,745
  I sometimes wonder what kind of parents are the ones that let their children build $2000+ machines as their first one outside of ones that are also builders who buy into that kind of stuff or maybe just get a small loan of a million dollars.

Wealthy parents. After all stuff like, "dad's work laptop cost $2k, so why should Brandon get $2k for his first computer?"
Alternatively, "Sorry Kyle, we can't be there for your birthday because we have an important business dinner in NYC, but here's $3k so buy yourself a happy childhood?"

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #171,375 of 177,745
Yeah... some kid I know has a 3K USD machine, dual 780Tis 4790k, H110 or something, Asus Super money edition and some other junk... Like... you are never going to use all that power and you barely even know how to install windows. What the hell are you going to do with that.

Also know a kid that self funded his machine, about 2K USD machine, same ridiculous machine pretty much... we tried to get him to not do that... but he was all "I need this to play the games I want to play." Like right... I just taught you what the control panel was on your laptop 2 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back