「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #171,226 of 177,745

He isn't a mod anymore. Our fellow member Brian is a mod now though

The Saber body pillow image pales in comparison to much stuff been posted with plot on here.
z2DyGWj.gif

Where do you get the right pic at the right time? Do you have a folder in your desktop which contains the 101 pics for every eventuality?

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #171,229 of 177,745

Happy (Almost) New Year all you beautiful pervs and shotacons and lolicons!

Virtual hugs and pat exchanges and drinks and treats for everyone~ <3

New year resolution: Skyrim modded at 1080p, >15fps, on a screen with no PWM~

----------

Now... To pick a side...

#TeamGenjiAss or #TeamHanzoPecs...

Why not Hanzo's ass too... He has a nice ass... ;o;

Though Genji's ass really is unrivaled so I guess Hanzo's manboobs must be released. More assets for the trade! :D

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #171,234 of 177,745
You get an anime! She gets an anime!

EVERY FATE GETS ANIME.

For some reason, Everytime I see an exposed belly within an armor design, I always picture the person getting impaled straight through. :p Maybe because the fanservice is starting to get out of hand, and although this isn't really the case, I can't help but make subconscious associations that it's being done at the expense of the storytelling, or in better words, the budget if spend on action scenes and fanservice instead of the actual story at times. These subconscious thoughts tend to bring one out of the immersion.

Wanna see Gate GO in English thou...

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #171,235 of 177,745

Niceu! Fate is always a great seller there from what I heard

What is the last item from? the pillow thing

No Dakimakura?

Still fate. Fate Grand Order. Although its not a pillow but a blanket. Dakimakuras are expensive >,< good ones are 1-200 usd

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #171,236 of 177,745
For some reason, Everytime I see an exposed belly within an armor design, I always picture the person getting impaled straight through. :p Maybe because the fanservice is starting to get out of hand, and although this isn't really the case, I can't help but make subconscious associations that it's being done at the expense of the storytelling, or in better words, the budget if spend on action scenes and fanservice instead of the actual story at times. These subconscious thoughts tend to bring one out of the immersion.

Wanna see Gate GO in English thou...

It's for... maneuverability... yea that's it, maneuverability.

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #171,237 of 177,745
It's for... maneuverability... yea that's it, maneuverability.

Tell that to Saber or this sexy dude that just wears a bunch of long, loose drapery all day, has an epic hairdo and still kicks ass. :wink:

Proper armour designs are way more flexible than the human body though. They do not actually constrain human movement. XD

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/3j1jA

I know, bringing realism into this isn't really a good idea, but I guess what I wanted to say is that compared to the past, I see more and more designs that focus on fanservice, even at the expense of good design. Good design should look attractive and functionally fit for the universe it is in. It doesn't have to be practical in terms of realism. It just has to fit the world. Then there's lazy design, which is lazy, and you show a bunch of skin as a cheap excuse to make up for it. In this case compared to earlier designs where the characters, male or female, all look attractive and have become iconic, newer designs (in general) feel more cheap. There's do much more potential, but you take out a lot of stuff that can add layers you the character design (which isn't just the aesthetics, but the personality, background, mood/current mindset in reaction to different situations, big or small. The designs should all reflect/compliment that) simply for something that's sexually pleasing, which is very shallow and doesn't last too long in terms of impact/impression. Fanservice has always been a part of these franchises, and the Fate series isn't that bad in this regards either, but personally, I'm starting to get bored by how creators are shifting towards them more than ever. Maybe I'm just the single grumpy outlier on the planet that has this feeling.

Or maybe I'm just bored of seeing this trend of showing girls with fully exposed mid sections or that are simply covered by some transparent dark flesh colored material in their fantasy/sci-fi design, and want to see some new ideas so I keep thinking of reasons why creators should kill this trend that's been going on for years and come up with something new. :xf_eek:

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #171,238 of 177,745
I know, bringing realism into this isn't really a good idea, but I guess what I wanted to say is that compared to the past, I see more and more designs that focus on fanservice, even at the expense of good design. Good design should look attractive and functionally fit for the universe it is in. It doesn't have to be practical in terms of realism. It just has to fit the world. Then there's lazy design, which is lazy, and you show a bunch of skin as a cheap excuse to make up for it. In this case compared to earlier designs where the characters, male or female, all look attractive and have become iconic, newer designs (in general) feel more cheap. There's do much more potential, but you take out a lot of stuff that can add layers you the character design (which isn't just the aesthetics, but the personality, background, mood/current mindset in reaction to different situations, big or small. The designs should all reflect/compliment that) simply for something that's sexually pleasing, which is very shallow and doesn't last too long in terms of impact/impression. Fanservice has always been a part of these franchises, and the Fate series isn't that bad in this regards either, but personally, I'm starting to get bored by how creators are shifting towards them more than ever. Maybe I'm just the single grumpy outlier on the planet that has this feeling.
redface.gif

Not just you, man.

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #171,239 of 177,745
Not just you, man.

Yay, I'm not a forever alone guy~

Again, just want to stress that the character design should support...well, the character, the character's character. So your character can character while the character characters. Character-ception! :D

If it makes sense they wear nothing but undies, good for them. If it doesn't but you just slap it on...it gets a bit boring after 10 years of seeing it every single day.

But let's go back to the classics and remember why this trend of going to war in undies and with armor that protected everything but the core where the vital organs lies was popularized in the first place:

:3

*Updated original post a bit to refine my arguments. I didn't even know I was making arguments but hopefully I saved them from the tyrant autocorrect Lords.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back