「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 1, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #169,487 of 177,744

Yeah I think they had the reverse osmosis tech for some time now, the water it produces is actually too clean and they had to add some minerals to it rofl.

It's not that it's "too clean", it just doesn't provide the minerals and salts that the normal human expects water to provide. Same issue with distilled water, it's bad for a person to drink it constantly without adjustment to your daily diet (increase salt and sugar intake). They use RO units and evaps on ships, and depending on diet and habits supplements are sometimes needed (Gatorade powder).

There is nothing wrong with the water, depending on the infrastructure and local biology you should be fine drinking it. RO water straight has honestly been some of the best water I've had, it's better than the chlorinated water that the city provides us. And some ports have seriously ****ty potable water, you notice it after you take on potable water in port, it sucks. ROed fish turd sounds better than the water in some places on land.

San Diego has had something similar since last year too, should have jumped on the train earlier tbh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsbad_desalination_plant

Source: Stupid cadet, I swear I was awake in class when they taught this.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #169,488 of 177,744
  Have been in Cambodia for around 3 days, got pretty sick yesterday with a bad sore throat and fever, much scary because I was having some difficulty breathing. Thankfully I feel better today otherwise I would have asked for a medical evacuation to a well equipped hospital in Thailand. Moral of the story, always buy travel insurance folks!

Alcohol is cheap here, $11 for a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin. ><

What's a decent cheapish android phone nowadays? USD200-400. Dad dropped his Note 3, rip in peace, it was already missing a few corners of the frame. 

Well sheeeeeeit. How often do you get sick there? Seems like I remember you getting sick there at least one time before lol. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Better just stick to drinking alcohol then instead of water!

Note 7? Should be pretty cheap now that it's been recalled everywhere. :p
Oneplus 3 is still pretty decent I reckon. 

Shouldn't have drunk the local water......
blink.gif

Always bottled water here! (now what water do they use for ice in drinks....oh boy).

Been to a few electronics stores looking at headphones, as you do, however there's not much selection here at all unfortunately. You see lots and lots of those Sony Extra Bass headphones and a few JVC's but not much else.

Time to brace myself for the inevitable food poisoning, I can never avoid it even if I eat carefully. Oh well I'll be outta here in 5 days, which is what 2 or 3 Civ 6 games? 
tongue.gif

Come to Hong Kong or Japan with us for some proper headphone shopping experiences! :D

Have been in Cambodia for around 3 days, got pretty sick yesterday with a bad sore throat and fever, much scary because I was having some difficulty breathing. Thankfully I feel better today otherwise I would have asked for a medical evacuation to a well equipped hospital in Thailand. Moral of the story, always buy travel insurance folks!

Alcohol is cheap here, $11 for a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin. ><

What's a decent cheapish android phone nowadays? USD200-400. Dad dropped his Note 3, rip in peace, it was already missing a few corners of the frame. 

For the upper price range given, the Oneplus 3 or that new budget flagship Huawei Honor with the snapdragon 820.

If he wants large screened phones the Nexus 6P is still good.

Nooooo, not nexus 6p!
I'm a bit salty because mine's been consistently below 2 hours of screen-on-time since the 7.0 update. Gonna RMA with Google which sucks because I have to ship the phone back and forth internationally on my dime. But alas, <2 hours SoT when people say they get 5, plus the battery will sometimes randomly die with ~20% left seems like the battery is having issues. Plus SD810 sucks arse. 

I also played with the ASUS Zenfone 3 and quite liked it actually :xf_eek:

O, the deed is done. 

Anyone else will be there then? 

I know mechy will. 

Woot, it's happening!
@akiroz you in?

Not me, but how u gonna do secret Santa tho?

We can buy some Tenga in Japan to send to our victims recipients while we're in Japan. :p

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #169,489 of 177,744

Woot, it's happening!
@akiroz you in?

We can buy some Tenga in Japan to send to our victims recipients while we're in Japan. :p

damn.... I don't think my wallet can handle it at this time....
I think I'll have to pass on this one after all... OTL

speaking of which, did you guys check out the toys store in akiba? it was pretty amazing.... xDD

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #169,490 of 177,744

Woot, it's happening!
@akiroz you in?

damn.... I don't think my wallet can handle it at this time....
I think I'll have to pass on this one after all... OTL

speaking of which, did you guys check out the toys store in akiba? it was pretty amazing.... xDD

Well it's 7 weeks away or so, so you have time to save up. 
tongue.gif

Dang it, oh well lol

And do you mean M's tower? Yes, yes I did. Pretty epic although it feels like there are few Japanese toy sellers that ship overseas that are a bit cheaper than that store... Heh I even snuck a photo of me in front of the building on Facebook but nobody noticed. 
ph34r.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #169,491 of 177,744
tongue.gif

Dang it, oh well lol

And do you mean M's tower? Yes, yes I did. Pretty epic although it feels like there are few Japanese toy sellers that ship overseas that are a bit cheaper than that store... Heh I even snuck a photo of me in front of the building on Facebook but nobody noticed. 
ph34r.gif

just don't taobao or ....

Nov 1, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #169,492 of 177,744

tongue.gif

Dang it, oh well lol

ph34r.gif

just don't taobao or ....

Well most of the stuff I want from Taobao is cheap, especially stuff they sell at that specific tower as well! :D
(J/K)

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #169,495 of 177,744
  It's not that it's "too clean", it just doesn't provide the minerals and salts that the normal human expects water to provide. Same issue with distilled water, it's bad for a person to drink it constantly without adjustment to your daily diet (increase salt and sugar intake). They use RO units and evaps on ships, and depending on diet and habits supplements are sometimes needed (Gatorade powder).

There is nothing wrong with the water, depending on the infrastructure and local biology you should be fine drinking it. RO water straight has honestly been some of the best water I've had, it's better than the chlorinated water that the city provides us. And some ports have seriously ****ty potable water, you notice it after you take on potable water in port, it sucks. ROed fish turd sounds better than the water in some places on land.

San Diego has had something similar since last year too, should have jumped on the train earlier tbh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsbad_desalination_plant

Source: Stupid cadet, I swear I was awake in class when they taught this.

So it's too clean?

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #169,497 of 177,744
Finally got my Miracle Milk album!
(pretty amazing considering I got both my address and phone wrong on the shipping details...)

The packaging is rather interesting, instead of the usual CD case + booklet, I got a stack of cards with the CD somewhere in the middle...

Update:
I figured out why it is a deck of cards....
there's riddle hidden in this album that you have to solve by messing with the cards.

This is Awesome!
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #169,498 of 177,744
  Well sheeeeeeit. How often do you get sick there? Seems like I remember you getting sick there at least one time before lol. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I think I've fallen sick 4/4 times I've been here, I am like the stereotypical weak schoolgirl in anime. (after some thought I don't think that's a thing...maybe) 
tongue.gif

Thanks for the warm wishes and friendly banter everyone, it does take the misery out of things greatly ahahaahaah.

Hmmmmm the OnePlus 3 is ~$480ish here in Cambodia, a grey import S7 edge isn't tooo much more in Australia, so we might go that route instead. Perhaps we should get a cheap Xiaomi and then just wait for a good deal on another phone, I think any entry-mid level phone nowadays blows the pants off of a Note 3, especially as it's only used for maps and bluetooth.

I went on a ....website that got Halloween themed. Yeep you guessed it, I lost my Schiit and jumped out of bed when the fake spider crawled on screen. After throwing some 800 lumens of light at the laptop it finally dawned on me that it only existed in two dimensions, sigh, my heart did stop for a moment wondering if it went into the keyboard or something. So for any web devs or jesters out there....yeah people do fall for that stuff, it's not like I've been using the internet for the better part of 17 years or anything... 
redface.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #169,499 of 177,744
  Finally got my Miracle Milk album!
(pretty amazing considering I got both my address and phone wrong on the shipping details...)

The packaging is rather interesting, instead of the usual CD case + booklet, I got a stack of cards with the CD somewhere in the middle...

Update:
I figured out why it is a deck of cards....
there's riddle hidden in this album that you have to solve by messing with the cards.

This is Awesome!
biggrin.gif

Haven't opened mine, should be in one of the packages arrived last week orz
Is the riddle related poi to the white dots/spaces in bottom center of the cards?

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #169,500 of 177,744
  Is the riddle related poi to the white dots/spaces in bottom center of the cards?

yep!

and the little stars in the songs list shows you which cards goes together:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back