「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 20, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #161,686 of 177,745
  Ok, TYG got me again.
It's 0433 and I'm still watching Shinsekai Yori :|

The name itself comes from a symphony by Dvořák

A really awesome one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/3xgvha/whats_a_relatively_inexpensive_hobby_that_is_easy/cy4ozkj?context=10000

I laughed too hard at this honestly!

True, but kind of complicated if the immigrants aren't even allowed to work like the refugees here.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #161,687 of 177,745
What?! Really? I've been using it as my daily driver for the past year but I rarely get frustrated because things don't work properly.
I can't say the same for my Windows gaming rig or the public computers at school though.....

In terms of overall user experience I'd say: OS X > Linux >>>>> Windows.
But for programming work: Arch > Debian family / RedHat family / OS X  >>>>>>>>>>>>> Windows.
(Because Arch has AUR and an awesome community)

Best thing about Windows is foobar2000. I remember having some serious bugs using foobar in Wine on Linux. Also Mathematica for Linux kinda sucks; graphics don't have anti-aliasing, but I can live with that.

I had Arch on my laptop for the longest time, but then the it became unusable because the screen turned black. I knew what the issue was, but it was kinda hard to fix, and reinstalling Arch was too much effort as well so I just went back to Windows. Using Arch definitely came with it's annoyances though; took me a day to install the printer drivers for the printers at school. I had help from a friend who is pretty much an Arch guru, yet still it took us an entire day. Thinks like that can working with Linux distributions pretty annoying. And I don't really miss anything working with Windows, so I don't see too much of a reason to go back to Arch again.

In the end it doesn't really matter. I need a TeX editor, a web browser, a media player and a pdf reader and I'm pretty much set.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #161,688 of 177,745

What's AUR? And lol, I can tell you're not a fan of Windows... :p

AUR is the Arch User Repository, it contains packages for pretty much any software because anyone can publish packages there.
In other distros, if your software is not in the official repos, you'll have to either mess with the package manager to install custom repos or compile the source (and dependencies) yourself.
If you use Ubuntu or Debian, you probably already know about the ppm mess they're making.....

I just wasted 14 hours of my life trying to setup a Windows "app cloud" server........ and failed. :frowning2:
No idea how the whole active directory domain is suppose to work and googleing doesn't help because M$ don't release public docs / wikis.
The whole user experience is just horrible, you'd thinks there's a limit to how unresponsive / un-user-friendly a system can be.

For every input I give, I expect a response (and one that's accurate, I hate cryptic and misleading messages).
When the system does not accept inputs, I expect to know what it's doing.
When interacting, I only want to see what I need to know. Nothing more, nothing less.
Is that too much to ask? Or is it just because I grew up with a Mac so my standards are too high?

I give up. screw windows. screw gaming. (for now...)

gonna watch anime.

\rant

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #161,690 of 177,745
Hmm pull the DC barrel out slightly and see if it still makes connection, my barrel was extra long so there was still some space to probe.

Wait the LH Labs was turned off too and a spark still happens? We have a mystery on our hands here. All this weird audiophile power supply stuff is starting to concern me. :p

Check if it still sparks when the RCA cables aren't plugged in.

The LH Labs LPS is always on. I only ever turn it off if I need to transport it somewhere. XD
I've never had this problem before though.

What would the RCA cables have to do with the power section?

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #161,691 of 177,745
The LH Labs LPS is always on. I only ever turn it off if I need to transport it somewhere. XD
I've never had this problem before though.

What would the RCA cables have to do with the power section?

But were they plugged in?

The RCA cables might make the 252 mains earth referenced, and I'm guessing the LPS might be floating to quite high voltage and then discharging once it connects to the 252 with the new iFi polarity inverter.

Maybe the clearance/creepage distances on the new polarity inverter are too small, letting a spark jump across.

Dec 20, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #161,692 of 177,745

Well MG is still not too hard, just more time consuming LOL

Gundam is good in that everything is snap fit haha

I think RG or PG is the hardest to put together though

Even if it is much more detailed...

Or it has more articulation

The small parts are frustrating to work with actually LOL

Well for me still Windows for now...

I just can't get used to Linux nor Mac OS X

And I am pretty much happy with Microsoft products thus far, maybe I am not a demanding customer after all
etysmile.gif

Should get the metal build figures, those are super fun too :)

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #161,700 of 177,745
Hey everybody! Just a newcomer passing by. As you may notice with my username, I'm really excited to find out about this thread. I'm actually a Korean and..... does anyone enjoy PMMM?

Lemme guess, your favourite PMMM character is.....Mami Tomoe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back