「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #160,310 of 177,744
Finding a new, in-box Wii Classic Controller is hard... All my local stores are selling them for $70+ and all the eBay auctions are for off-brand ones. All I want to do is play my new copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. I had one before, but I dropped it out of a car... long story.

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #160,311 of 177,744

With that many discrete layers, how much will it flex?

Hmm I don't know... Hopefully not too much considering the all-metal construction and the price!

That's the thing though, it's not all metal. It's an aluminum-carbon construction, so the lid and keyboard tray/palm rest area will be aluminum, but the bottom chassis will most likely be carbon. Hopefully the top chassis is CNC machined and not stamped, or else it will have another alloy mid-frame inside it.

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #160,312 of 177,744

wait was the 60d released earlier? 5 years earlier?? Wow that's ancient...

Oh just kidding, 70D.
Ok. Decision time.
Canon 70D from B&H Photo - $1099
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/986390-REG/canon_8469b009_canon_eos_70d_dslr.html

Or

PS4 and MGSV from somewhere

I'm pretty much set on Canon for a mirrored camera since I like the contouring of the body more than Nikon. If I'm going to use a camera, it ought to be comfortable in my hand. 70D specifically because it has good video features. 18-55 mm starter kit lens as recommended by someone for the best value; I'd rather have the flexibility of zoom rather than a prime lens.

I knew it was something-ty-D. SixTY, sevenTY, same thing. XD

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-70D-vs-Canon-EOS-Rebel-T6i

Huh, the Nikon D7200 has 1080p @ 60FPS video shooting. I've been recommended the 70D over that though since auto-focusing is better on the Canon.
Actually the pros/cons section of this website are terribad. D7200 "con": Heavy 675 g, 70D "pro": Light 755 g. : D

Lolz. XD

Heh if you're that concerned about video, why not get the Panasonic GH4? XD

Welp for what it's worth I remember Oscar's D7100 focusing really really quick, way quicker than my D3200. Also the D7200s I've played with at Costco also seem to focus really quick though those are probably in ideal lighting conditions..

Hmm I don't know... Hopefully not too much considering the all-metal construction and the price!
Huh, so I guess we won't see the true effects on battery life until windows is updated? Shrug. I can't imagine that making a 20% improvement like Intel says...
I already can with my Asus Transformer
tongue.gif

Playing VNs with a touch screen actually isn't that good... Most aren't touch optimized and require two taps to act as a click...
I can't wait for that game to get translated...

There has to be an option to adjust the tapping action. But then again, maybe double tap isn't too bad. Then there's no accidental advancing of the... action...

Heh, that's very true. I never looked into changing Windows' touch settings as I don't think you can configure them, but I dunno. I don't even know what to search for...

And that's very true! XD

With that many discrete layers, how much will it flex?

That's the thing though, it's not all metal. It's an aluminum-carbon construction, so the lid and keyboard tray/palm rest area will be aluminum, but the bottom chassis will most likely be carbon. Hopefully the top chassis is CNC machined and not stamped, or else it will have another alloy mid-frame inside it.

For that price it better damn well be CNC'd and not stamped!

Meh, we'll see when it shows up. I think it's being shipped via EMS (3 business days or so); hopefully it'll make it to my house next week some time. Ironically, if I were to have ordered the XPS 15 from Dell in the states, it would've taken them 6-8 business days just to ship it out...

Nov 7, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #160,313 of 177,744

Heh, that's very true. I never looked into changing Windows' touch settings as I don't think you can configure them, but I dunno. I don't even know what to search for...

I believe the Vaio Z comes with an active stylus, which may come in handy when plaing VNs. You only need to single tap with it.

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #160,314 of 177,744
Not sure if anyone really cares about this sorta stuff but I just wound up marathoning 8 eps of Aziz Ansari's new series Master of None. The pilot is a bit rough but damn, that second Ep comes in out of nowhere and just clocks you in the jaw with the whole immigrant/American Dream/first generation American thing. At that point, it's too damn real not to respect. I absolutely love this show. It's some of the funniest, charming, human and sincere TV I've seen in a good while. Sort of like 500 Days of Summer mashed into Louie or something. If you've got Netflix, give it a go.

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #160,315 of 177,744

I believe the Vaio Z comes with an active stylus, which may come in handy when plaing VNs. You only need to single tap with it.

Yes it does! I got to play with a version of that on the Vaio Z Canvas at the MS Store and the stylus is quite nice! I just hope I don't end up breaking the nibs or losing the stylus because I'm not sure where the heck I'd get another one other than from Japan :/

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #160,316 of 177,744

I already can with my Asus Transformer
tongue.gif

Playing VNs with a touch screen actually isn't that good... Most aren't touch optimized and require two taps to act as a click...

According to the official site, it's mostly carbon.

me jelly.....

some VNs actually have a touch screen mode nowadays.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #160,317 of 177,744
G Senjo no Maou is 30% off on steam.. Although I like the fact that I get to show off to my friends how much of a weeaboo I am whenever I launch a VN, I can't help but be dissatisfied that most of these VN's don't have an 18+ patch.

G Senjo no Maou being one, the H was what made 1/3 of the game in my opinion.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #160,318 of 177,744
  G Senjo no Maou is 30% off on steam.. Although I like the fact that I get to show off to my friends how much of a weeaboo I am whenever I launch a VN, I can't help but be dissatisfied that most of these VN's don't have an 18+ patch.

G Senjo no Maou being one, the H was what made 1/3 of the game in my opinion.

I would've bought it if they had the raw version....

Ohh well, my VNs are already steam managed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back