「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 7, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #160,291 of 177,744
@miceblue http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/stores/costco-wholesale/adscans/17361 
Weren't you interested in the Canon T6i? This looks like a pretty awesome black friday deal for what it's worth...

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #160,292 of 177,744
Nov 7, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #160,293 of 177,744
  Yep it's crap. Not nearly as bad as the continuation of Usagi drop

Season 2 of Yahari Ore was honestly a fantastic show imo in terms of how much feels it hit me with. 

I only recently found out about that. Laughed really hard and then got a bit sad.

Meeeeeh. Gave up after five episodes. Shame because I liked the first season.

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #160,294 of 177,744
Nov 7, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #160,295 of 177,744

There's one to start with. 
tongue.gif

I just realized Sony doesn't own VAIO anymore, so this new one is just "VAIO". Dat Z hinge tho!
vaio-z-2015.jpg

With that many discrete layers, how much will it flex?

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #160,296 of 177,744

screw it. I bought the VAIO Z.....

RIP in peace wallet.

Amazon have good returns right? it's probably worth the premium.

Is it updated with Skylake?

Yup, if the item arrives damaged at all and the seller won't offer free return shipping, I can take it up with Amazon and get a refund.

Nope. I figure I can either wait a while a while for it to be potentially updated or just get it now. I've been reading some mixed reports on how Skylake might have not even improved battery life all that much or performance over previous generations, so it may not make much of a difference. Besides, with the purported 15 hour battery life I think I'll do fine :)

tongue.gif

Wait I thought it would be less expensive to import than some middle man on amazon.

Surprisingly, no. I emailed PriceJapan for a quote and it came out to $2100 or so... Heck, even if I would have just paid my friend in Japan to go and pick it up, since he's not tax exempt, it would have cost like $2010 and that's not even including EMS shipping.

Skylake has something called "Speed Shift" or something that designates control of clock speeds and power draw to the CPU itself instead of the OS. Windows 10 isn't updated with this yet but has an update to support Speed Shift in November (this month). I think Anandtech did a few tests and it offers a slight performance boost in some cases though increased battery life is basically negligible.

Wow. O_O

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #160,299 of 177,744
Nov 7, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #160,300 of 177,744
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/160275#post_12057452 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]

There's one to start with. :p

I just realized Sony doesn't own VAIO anymore, so this new one is just "VAIO". Dat Z hinge tho!
vaio-z-2015.jpg

With that many discrete layers, how much will it flex?

Hmm I don't know... Hopefully not too much considering the all-metal construction and the price!

RIP in peace wallet.

Yup, if the item arrives damaged at all and the seller won't offer free return shipping, I can take it up with Amazon and get a refund.

Nope. I figure I can either wait a while a while for it to be potentially updated or just get it now. I've been reading some mixed reports on how Skylake might have not even improved battery life all that much or performance over previous generations, so it may not make much of a difference. Besides, with the purported 15 hour battery life I think I'll do fine :)

There's one to start with. :p

Wait I thought it would be less expensive to import than some middle man on amazon.

Surprisingly, no. I emailed PriceJapan for a quote and it came out to $2100 or so... Heck, even if I would have just paid my friend in Japan to go and pick it up, since he's not tax exempt, it would have cost like $2010 and that's not even including EMS shipping.

Skylake has something called "Speed Shift" or something that designates control of clock speeds and power draw to the CPU itself instead of the OS. Windows 10 isn't updated with this yet but has an update to support Speed Shift in November (this month). I think Anandtech did a few tests and it offers a slight performance boost in some cases though increased battery life is basically negligible.

Wow. O_O

Huh, so I guess we won't see the true effects on battery life until windows is updated? Shrug. I can't imagine that making a 20% improvement like Intel says...

naisu~

now you can use it as a tablet PC and play VNs on the bus. :rolleyes:

I already can with my Asus Transformer :p

Playing VNs with a touch screen actually isn't that good... Most aren't touch optimized and require two taps to act as a click...

naisu~

now you can use it as a tablet PC and play VNs on the bus. :rolleyes:

Public transit and Kud Wafter... someone is living the dream ;_;

I can't wait for that game to get translated...

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #160,301 of 177,744
@miceblue
 http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/stores/costco-wholesale/adscans/17361 
Weren't you interested in the Canon T6i? This looks like a pretty awesome black friday deal for what it's worth...

I was looking into the 60D actually. That might not be too bad though.

The specs between that and the the 60D aren't too different despite being released 5 years apart. XD
wait was the 60d released earlier? 5 years earlier?? Wow that's ancient...

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #160,302 of 177,744

RIP in peace wallet.

Nope. I figure I can either wait a while a while for it to be potentially updated or just get it now. I've been reading some mixed reports on how Skylake might have not even improved battery life all that much or performance over previous generations, so it may not make much of a difference. Besides, with the purported 15 hour battery life I think I'll do fine
smily_headphones1.gif

tongue.gif

Wow. O_O

Huh, so I guess we won't see the true effects on battery life until windows is updated? Shrug. I can't imagine that making a 20% improvement like Intel says...

I only saw a difference of a few minutes in the Anandtech comparison so...eh.

It's not really meant to be that big of a game changer b/c it only gives more precise control over CPU voltage and speed. CPU controlled just gives finer adjustments so that you get better efficiency, but it's not like OS controlled was horrible to begin with.

Nov 7, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #160,303 of 177,744
@miceblue
 http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/stores/costco-wholesale/adscans/17361 

I was looking into the 60D actually. That might not be too bad though.

The specs between that and the the 60D aren't too different despite being released 5 years apart. XD
wait was the 60d released earlier? 5 years earlier?? Wow that's ancient...

Oh just kidding, 70D.
Ok. Decision time.
Canon 70D from B&H Photo - $1099
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/986390-REG/canon_8469b009_canon_eos_70d_dslr.html

Or

PS4 and MGSV from somewhere

I'm pretty much set on Canon for a mirrored camera since I like the contouring of the body more than Nikon. If I'm going to use a camera, it ought to be comfortable in my hand. 70D specifically because it has good video features. 18-55 mm starter kit lens as recommended by someone for the best value; I'd rather have the flexibility of zoom rather than a prime lens.

I knew it was something-ty-D. SixTY, sevenTY, same thing. XD

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-70D-vs-Canon-EOS-Rebel-T6i

Huh, the Nikon D7200 has 1080p @ 60FPS video shooting. I've been recommended the 70D over that though since auto-focusing is better on the Canon.
Actually the pros/cons section of this website are terribad. D7200 "con": Heavy 675 g, 70D "pro": Light 755 g. : D

Nov 7, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #160,304 of 177,744
Hmm I don't know... Hopefully not too much considering the all-metal construction and the price!
I already can with my Asus Transformer :p

Playing VNs with a touch screen actually isn't that good... Most aren't touch optimized and require two taps to act as a click...
I can't wait for that game to get translated...

There has to be an option to adjust the tapping action. But then again, maybe double tap isn't too bad. Then there's no accidental advancing of the... action...

Oh just kidding, 70D.
I knew it was something-ty-D. SixTY, sevenTY, same thing. XD

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-70D-vs-Canon-EOS-Rebel-T6i

Huh, the Nikon D7200 has 1080p @ 60FPS video shooting. I've been recommended the 70D over that though since auto-focusing is better on the Canon.
Actually the pros/cons section of this website are terribad. D7200 "con": Heavy 675 g, 70D "pro": Light 755 g. : D[

... Any reliance for me on that site would be instantly shot if I saw that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back