「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 5, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #160,216 of 177,744
  Dayum, that Vaio Z... I mean I looked at it before and didn't think of it much but now that I look at the specs... :O

Gonna look into getting one of these babies imported. I think it's a stupid idea since there won't be a warranty, but alas. I like this stupid idea. :D

What can go wrong will go wrong. 
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #160,218 of 177,744
Nov 5, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #160,219 of 177,744
DaniwellP, I love that song. But so hard to get. Only from MAYU library CD.

This is also one of my favourite MAYU songs and I'd buy the MAYU CDs if they didn't cost $90! I support artists where I can, but this price is ridiculous.
Other MAYU songs from the Library CDs I like are:
- 嘘とぬいぐるみ
- Farewell Blue
- 夕立のりぼん
- アッカンベーダ
- 優しい人になりたい
- チミドロスイッチ
- 一途な片思い、実らせたい小さな幸せ。(Yandere to the max!)

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #160,220 of 177,744
  Dayum, that Vaio Z... I mean I looked at it before and didn't think of it much but now that I look at the specs... :O

Gonna look into getting one of these babies imported. I think it's a stupid idea since there won't be a warranty, but alas. I like this stupid idea. :D

You can look into the NEC LaVie laptops too, they are pretty nice. A friend of mine is using a LaVie HZ.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #160,223 of 177,744

Mayu. Such mysterious.

Never realized this before, but the front of her dress looks a bit like Darth Vader's control panel. Darth Mayu confirmed? Will she bring balance to the Vocaloids, or destroy them?

As if a yandere MAYU with an axe is not dark enough.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #160,224 of 177,744

I'd only use it when I'm curled up on a couch or in bed where it's more convenient for tablet mode. Maybe also for reading if I'd like to have it on my lap instead in which having the keyboard out would be really awkward. So it would be like watching anime while curled up in bed I guess?

May as well have both. I occasionally use the touchscreen on my X1 carbon just because why not even though the trackpad is decent (though I hate the 2nd gen click mechanic in which the entire trackpad depresses with this really garbage rubber dome feeling).

No not the VAIO Z Canvas. I don't like the Canvas either. If you want something along those lines you stay with the Surface Pro and Surface b/c those are probably going to be as good as you can get. The regular VAIO Z laptop. http://vaio.com/products/z/

That's quite expensive though but it does have a PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD which is currently the fastest you can hope for for M.2 format SSDs (and just SSDs in general right now). I think the stylus does 1024 levels of pressure? Don't quote me on it b/c I can't find the pressure sensitivity right now for some reason.

Yeah, not sure how to feel about Lenovo right now, especially since the recent demonstrations of their willingness to mess around with Windows and the preinstalled stuff which can be quite dangerous.

I keep hearing a love-hate relationship with the trackpad for some reason. The Precision Trackpad is finnicky with Linux for all I know right now b/c the drivers never want to work properly.

Really does live up to the alternate name Sony gave it. It truly is a monster. (-_-")

I honestly wonder why nobody has a 2-in-1 flip mechanism like the VAIO Z. The only one that's remotely close was the old XPS 12 2-in-1 and the Acer Aspire R13 but those aren't as elegant as this.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #160,225 of 177,744

What can go wrong will go wrong. :p

Pssssh you're totally right but that doesn't stop me from wanting it!

You can look into the NEC LaVie laptops too, they are pretty nice. A friend of mine is using a LaVie HZ.

I think Lenovo made one of those and released it here too but the reviews said it had terrible battery life...

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #160,226 of 177,744

Really does live up to the alternate name Sony gave it. It truly is a monster. (-_-")

I honestly wonder why nobody has a 2-in-1 flip mechanism like the VAIO Z. The only one that's remotely close was the old XPS 12 2-in-1 and the Acer Aspire R13 but those aren't as elegant as this.

Is it really that powerful though? I think the quad core skylake in the XPS 15 would probably beat it out...

And probably because it looks kind of janky to me? I wasn't all that impressed with previous Sony VAIO convertibles and I'm still on the fence about this but as a laptop it looks glorious regardless.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #160,227 of 177,744

Is it really that powerful though? I think the quad core skylake in the XPS 15 would probably beat it out...

And probably because it looks kind of janky to me? I wasn't all that impressed with previous Sony VAIO convertibles and I'm still on the fence about this but as a laptop it looks glorious regardless.

You're comparing the predecessor architecture to the successor so...yes the Skylake will win by a very small amount.

Does it look jank? I find it a lot more elegant than the other stuff out there right now.

Samsung just released the ATIV Book 9 Pro which is a 15" w/ a 4k screen and 950M (I really wish they sold a 1080p variant) and it's beautiful but expensive. Comes w/ Wolfson stuff though for the headphone out so it eliminates the need to bring a dedicated DAC and amp with you.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #160,228 of 177,744
Speaking of computers...
https://training.linuxfoundation.org/get-a-free-chromebook

: o

Okay maybe that's not as good of a deal as I thought. Chromebooks cost like $200 and the course is 10 times the price.

Also
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/googler-shows-how-test-compatibility-usb-c-cable-chromebook-pixel-2015-1527334

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #160,229 of 177,744
https://vaio.com/products/z/

You know what? This is one damn sexy premium laptop..... I'm totally sold on this now.
It costs around the same as a XPS13 and has similar features / performance.

I'm not sure how rugged the folding mechanism is from the website so I'll try to find a demo next time I go to Japan....

I love the sleek black design but it seems to lack keyboard back-lit.
Welp, guess that's a no-go for me because I use my laptop in the dark 40%  of the time and I can't type blind.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #160,230 of 177,744
  https://vaio.com/products/z/

You know what? This is one damn sexy premium laptop..... I'm totally sold on this now.
It costs around the same as a XPS13 and has similar features / performance.

I'm not sure how rugged the folding mechanism is from the website so I'll try to find a demo next time I go to Japan....

Oh ****, I didn't know Sony brought the Vaio line back from the dead. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back