Nov 2, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #160,156 of 177,744
Hmm.... My room now lacks weebness.
Should i put my weeb posters back on?
[rule]>file not found
I'm too late for this

DoD is classing it as WMD I guess.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #160,158 of 177,744
WHOA!!

I just discovered the K-on! Music History's Music Box!
What does it come with? Well first off, there's now 7 versions of Fuwa Fuwa Time. Although I think this is the ACTUAL live recording of their songs. It's under "Disc-2 “Gekichuuka Sg・Al‘HO-KAGO TEA TIME in MOVIE’・DEATH DEVIL”".

It sounds exactly as if I would use a stereo microphone. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #160,159 of 177,744
  From /a/, her last blog 
https://twitter.com/kisuke_hegw/status/661019097652572162

>一人ケーキ入刀。実は私のテーブルの上にはウエルカムボードなどもあったりして、気分は完全に結婚式。見事なソロウエディングです。私、この病気が治ったら、本気で婚活するんだ…!
>私、この病気が治ったら、本気で婚活するんだ…!
>Me, once I'm cured of this sickness, I'll seriously try and get married

Really sad news.

Ahh... That's pretty heavy...Wasn't expecting to walk into this today @-@

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #160,160 of 177,744
Sigh, I feel like I'm debating way too damn much about what laptop to get. I'm still between the Dell XPS 13/15 FHD/QHD/4K, HP Spectre x360, Lenovo T450s, X1 Carbon, and Yoga 900. Kinda leaning toward the crazy specced $1700 XPS 15 with 84Wh battery and 1080p display, quad core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD which should give it massive battery life hopefully. Though I'm still worried as it's not that much smaller than the MBP 15 and I feel that laptop is a bit too big to carry around. But then again it's slimmer so maybe that will make it feel smaller? :/

And on anime, I forget if I mentioned it but I've been watching FMA Brotherhood and it's glorious as expected. :D

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #160,162 of 177,744
Sigh, I feel like I'm debating way too damn much about what laptop to get. I'm still between the Dell XPS 13/15 FHD/QHD/4K, HP Spectre x360, Lenovo T450s, X1 Carbon, and Yoga 900. Kinda leaning toward the crazy specced $1700 XPS 15 with 84Wh battery and 1080p display, quad core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD which should give it massive battery life hopefully. Though I'm still worried as it's not that much smaller than the MBP 15 and I feel that laptop is a bit too big to carry around. But then again it's slimmer so maybe that will make it feel smaller? :/

And on anime, I forget if I mentioned it but I've been watching FMA Brotherhood and it's glorious as expected. :D

What do you plan to use your laptop for? I only got my MBP with the specs it has because this is my primary computer to do everything: gaming, video editing (which I just finished up), music, documents, Internetz, watching One Punch Man, etc.. I only wish I had more SSD space sometimes since rendering videos takes way more space than I anticipated (159 GB + 19 GB for 2 1080p videos' worth of material), and all that HD music takes up a large chunk of it too (82 GB). XD

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #160,163 of 177,744

And on anime, I forget if I mentioned it but I've been watching FMA Brotherhood and it's glorious as expected.
biggrin.gif

What do you plan to use your laptop for? I only got my MBP with the specs it has because this is my primary computer to do everything: gaming, video editing (which I just finished up), music, documents, Internetz, watching One Punch Man, etc.. I only wish I had more SSD space sometimes since rendering videos takes way more space than I anticipated (159 GB + 19 GB for 2 1080p videos' worth of material), and all that HD music takes up a large chunk of it too (82 GB). XD

Well, probably just doing normal computer science student stuff really. XD Taking notes in class, programming on lunch breaks/while waiting for the bus/while on the bus/whatever. I'm also considering studying abroad next year so I'd want something substantial enough to take overseas and use as my primary computer. That being said I don't know if I necessarily need that quad core processor and it's much higher power consumption. In other words I'm not looking to replace my desktop, just supplement it with something that's actually powerful enough to code on unlike my current Windows tablet thing...

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #160,164 of 177,744
  Well, probably just doing normal computer science student stuff really. XD Taking notes in class, programming on lunch breaks/while waiting for the bus/while on the bus/whatever. I'm also considering studying abroad next year so I'd want something substantial enough to take overseas and use as my primary computer. That being said I don't know if I necessarily need that quad core processor and it's much higher power consumption. In other words I'm not looking to replace my desktop, just supplement it with something that's actually powerful enough to code on unlike my current Windows tablet thing...

It never hurts to have more computing power :wink:
You can compile code faster, that's pretty useful if you use linux.
and you can always disable cores / hyperthreading / turboboost in the BIOS if you really don't need the power.

Oh yeah, I love coding in the arcade while I'm waiting my turn
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #160,170 of 177,744

I would just not consider 2-in-1's styled like the Spectre x360 in which the keyboard is still exposed even when in tablet mode. It feels pretty damn horrible to use. If you really want one and have cash I'd get the new VAIO Z though I'm not sure if that got updated to Skylake or is still on Haswell. I didn't see any announcement from VAIO but I haven't checked recently. The other would be the Acer Aspire R13 which comes with two PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 from what I remember in some of the config. Don't really like the look of the Acer though.

T450s is stupid thick but built like a tank. Not much else to say.

X1 Carbon's battery life is kind of meh. I have the 2nd gen one with me right now and the carbon-fibre-reinforced-plastic gives a super nice feel (the material has a low heat capacity, giving it that metal feel b/c it feels nice and cool to the touch so not very plastic-like). There's a huge qualm I have with it though and it's the large gap between the Gorilla Glass and the ridge going around the screen. When you try to clean the screen, dust and crap gets caught in those ridges and it's really annoying to clean up. So while it's a pretty nice laptop, I wouldn't recommend the X1 Carbon.

Yoga 900: already stated qualms with that style of 2-in-1 design.

XPS13/15: XPS13 is way too small for me. XPS 15 is 14" which I feel like is the sweet spot between mobility and comfort (at least from my experience between a Samsung ATIV Book 9 13" and the X1 Carbon). I'd say get the XPS 15 w/ a SSD (bigger battery b/c they remove the space for the HDD), 960M, and 1080p resolution. I still think that 1080p pixel density for 14" screens and below is a bit dense for my tastes and scaling is still kind of "meh" on Windows. Anyways, 1080p will give better battery life and if you do plan on playing video games on the XPS 15, the 960M should be fine on 1080p where as it would probably die on 4k at higher settings.

Caught up on One Punch Man. This is hilarious.

dammit you just reminded me that the new episode is out...... got an assignment due in 17 hours must.... resist.........

biggrin.gif

Need some way to try out MX Browns, MX Clears, and Ergo Clears next to each other. And the another way to try out Topre. I think I need to fly to Japan again and go back to Cleverly Keyboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back