「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 17, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #156,736 of 177,745
  Can the upscaling thing from the facebook page work on ... um... videos?  Maybe some non anime videos... 

I think akiroz posted an OP that was scaled up. 

It looks like photos only, and it will only put out JPEGs. I tried scaling up a PNG w/ transparency and any transparent zones turned to white.

So most general photo types to JPEG, no transparency. No videos, nothing else.

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #156,737 of 177,745
  Can the upscaling thing from the facebook page work on ... um... videos?  Maybe some non anime videos... 

I think akiroz posted an OP that was scaled up. 

It's technically possible, I've done it on Grisaia's anime OP (90s, 24fps)
by splitting the vid into 2000+ images and processing each one.
That took 6 hours on a Xeon E5 + GTX670 workstation though.

It also works poorly on text and non-anime illustrations because the neuro network (NN) was trained this way.
It's possible to train another NN to upscale real-life photos, we just need a large set of training data.
I'm using the stock NN trained by the original author which he claimed to have used 3000 illustrations.

EDIT:
The author added a new NN for photos a month ago, I'm gonna try that out now....

EDIT2:
Just updated to the latest version from github and tested the new photo NN with TYG's bike (actually a very good test image btw)
The photo NN seem identical to the artwork NN for some reason, I guess it's not updated on git yet?
It's still in development so I'm not too surprised.
The artwork NN seem to have updated in the latest version as well, I haven't done A/B comparison between the versions though.

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #156,739 of 177,745
I just learned a new English word while trying to learn Japanese.

Lol, though I actually know that word. Never seen it used much though.
Never seen the kanji on the left though, can't wait until my joyo kanji learning yourney is over. I should be done somewhere in November at my current pace.

I bought a super cheap used bicycle because not having a bicycle available is just not an option for me.

100€
Hub gear, shoddy basket, working lights, okay tires.
The little detail that ruins the whole bike is that it is sprung like a damn ambulance.
I think it's legal to transport a patient with a broken spine on that thing.
Seriously, you could drive through the Himalaya and don't notice a single bump.
Sitting on that ******* thing feels like sitting on an excercise ball.
I miss my old bike so bad :'(

Is this German sarcasm, or do you seriously think that's a crappy bike. By Dutch standards, any bike which has gears is not shabby at all. I've been driving on a similar bike for 6 years or so now, and people here comment on how good my bike is.

Also a hundred bucks is a pretty decent deal for a bike like that. It has a women's frame though, are you okay with driving on a bike intended for females? :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #156,741 of 177,745
Is this German sarcasm, or do you seriously think that's a crappy bike. By Dutch standards, any bike which has gears is not shabby at all. I've been driving on a similar bike for 6 years or so now, and people here comment on how good my bike is.

Also a hundred bucks is a pretty decent deal for a bike like that. It has a women's frame though, are you okay with driving on a bike intended for females?
rolleyes.gif

It's a good bike for €100 but drives like schiit.
And no, I really don't have a problem with using a woman's bike. Not really good for long distances or speed but generally pretty chill to ride.

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #156,744 of 177,745
Jul 17, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #156,748 of 177,745

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5131/THP+01+Stealth+Black.html

Who is going to get themselves a pair of this ??

Not me :3

Wow pen spinning, your fundamentals are a joke. Also doing pen spinning probably says how bored I am.

Spun a lot of pens during middle school. Still know some trick :3

@Chaos Dragon

I still have no idea what's going on.... Oh well, OP/ED sounds good.

That show bombed hard.

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #156,749 of 177,745
  Spun a lot of pens during middle school. Still know some trick :3

I can do a charge and a twisted sonic. Can't do thumbarounds and sonics are a 50/50 fail/pass rate. I guess I know how to fingerpass between my 4th and 3rd to my 3rd and 2nd b/c that's what you need in the twisted sonic. So I need to learn thumbarounds, sonics, and infinity. Then I'll probably follow that with a double charge so I know two tricks I can just keep doing back to back by itself forever (infinity and double charge).

This feels like good exercise now that I'm no longer playing piano. Gotta do something to prevent getting sausage fingers. XD

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #156,750 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back