「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 24, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #155,641 of 177,744
  You didn't say anything
But eh I take it back, Kumiko is still funny in the end

I did! Use the search function.

Lol that got dark fast.

Didn't she peck her on the lips already? Right before the retake on the audition in the concert hall Reina closed her eyes and moved forward a bit. I think Kumiko's face said something there.

Maybe? I only skipped through the last two episodes :|

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #155,645 of 177,744

I would go if I still had my motorcycle :/

No love for public transportation?

Btw depending on how you pronounce Aimer, the band name sounds like the German word for bucket. Awefully funny, isn't it?

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #155,647 of 177,744
^lol

Yeah I had a pic of some restaurant that tried to use Spanish to name itself and they failed hard. I can't find it but it was fairly bad.

From the small amount I've tried it ain't so bad but that's in a small city compared to the area I would have to go. I imagine I'd also see bigger drug deals go down lol :/

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #155,648 of 177,744
@UnityIsPower I think you may find this interesting: 

Seems like the Flare Audio R2s just knocked out another full sized headphone: 

"I don’t consider MrSpeakers Ether a vocalist’s dream headphone, again due to the lack of a very forward sound signature.  Also, compared to my Flare Audio R2Pro IEMs ($633) the Ether falls short of a concise, well-formed experience in the vocals.  Again, that substance factor I keep blabbing about just doesn’t compare to these Flare IEMs, which did that quality so well that I doubt any other headphone for some time will exceed it in the price tier of sub $1500 or so.   The Ether has loose edge work exactly like the Stax 007, lacking that realistic formation and solidity of voices and most instruments that the Stax 009 and the Flare IEMs have in droves…gosh that upsets me on a personal level because the overall clarity of the Ether is absolutely a bit better than the HD800 to my ears.  I consider the Ether one of the better neutral flagships out there, think polar opposite of the LCD3 in tone, but something similar in bass and mid quantity potential with some EQ, yet also with vastly superior treble to the LCD3."

http://headfonics.com/2015/06/the-ether-by-mrspeakers/

The same reviewer put the R2Pro over the Z7 and the TH600. (I guess those two phones aren't anything special by themselves but the Ether does seem to be in a wholly different class of phones) Final score for the Ether was 8.8 to the R2Pro's 9.1. This is the second time he's mentioned that weirdly elusive "quality" that the R2 possesses that nobody can seemingly articulate. Starting to actually get curious about the R2Pro now. Wish Flare would hurry the hell up with the shipping already. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #155,650 of 177,744
I bet the pyrates probably have measurements on the 1A. I'm not too jazzed about Sony phones. They always have some really terrible quirk to their tuning that just ruins everything for me. The bass/treble extension on the 1A does sound pretty interesting though from what you've described. 

Oh yeah, I also finished up Owari no Seraph. To sum it up: 

Christ what a waste of ****** time :l Aside from that, I've been enjoying Anohana. Really beautiful animation and a good cast of characters. A very nostalgic sort of show and very relatable. Looking forward to the final two eps crushing me. 

Ok, maybe gonna reconsider Seraph. AnoHana is... Yea. I had a pretty rough time with that one. It's the kind of show that makes you remember why anime is something worth giving your time to.

Yea, this Sony is no different. Sexy design though. I rarely say that about headphones.

The Aaaaargh graph is pretty darn close on to what I heard. Maybe a tad less mid treble, but just as flat once it's in that band. Bump at lower midbass. Check. Bump at upper bass to lower mids. Check. Bumped in general mid treble, check. Little to no bass roll below the 1k level. Check. Top end extension. Check. Kinda shocked tbh with how well that represents lol.

C'mon gais. Google reverse Image search it. XD
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=44990650
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44762409

Was gonna be my recommendation if anyone cared. Glad to see it worked so well.

http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&category=3525338&page=2&document_srl=5532177

I don't know what Sony is doing with this new house sound but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

For once I like the pirates graph better lol, but it's generally the same. Works with my impressions.

Yea, Sony's upper end offerings have always been a bit off the beaten path. For better or worse.

Hmm dunno.. the R1 measurement is so "impressive" poi that makes me think the company is likely one of those who seem to be following certain design principles or ideals fundamentally apart from the mortals :/

I fear for the future of the house formally known as FAD to be honest. Founder dies and it's less than a year to them changing the name and logo. I'm a bit floored tbh.

Have you ever heard the Piano Forte?
It's an experience. This looks to be following a similar path. Or attempting to.

Is your MAL complete?

How 'bout Darker than Black.

Mmmmm yeah I agree, I'd still rate it one of my favourite action anime's.

What's not to love about a Chinese electric batman. :p

But think about all those Sinon butt shots you're missing out on.

Why don't I remember any humor in this show?

I do remember enjoying it enough. Never watched season 2 tho.

Yep. I have no idea why I stuck it out so long. I think with some shows, if they get me for about 4 or 5 eps, I feel like I might as well ride it out since I'd already invested that much into the series, but this is one of the most "no nothing" shows I've seen in forever. I actually skimmed some of the manga chapters after the show ended and for better or worse (it's definitely for worse) it is faithful to it. By the same token, the source material makes Bleach seem like some sort of masterclass in pacing. There is literally nothing exciting or interesting about Seraph in any way whatsoever. It's like the "plain" flavored oatmeal of the anime world. 

It's ******* nothing LOL

This is the secret to how Summer Glau keeps getting work. 

The R2 is an IEM so it's completely different in form factor to the R1. Plus the R2 has already been reviewed by both Headfonics and Headfonia at least and scored very well with both. At the very least, it seems to be a better phone than the Senn IE800/JH16, and has been said to sound sort of similar to the MS Alpha Dog. The thing that strikes me as odd about some of the impressions is that people seem to feel that it sounds very different in terms of presentation, but can't exactly articulate why. It seems to have to do with the way it images or something. 

In her defense... Yea. But still in her defense.

Pft.
CvuUFJo.jpg

gpFatEY.jpg

TOHCPIC.jpg

So confused.

Um, excuse me?
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/110516_news_adel_AESpaperADEL.pdf

Equations 1 and 2.

Since when does sin(x) become x when x is small?

I stopped reading through this paper as soon as I saw that. Even a 9th grade student in geometry class would know that's not true.

It's no wonder this paper has only been cited a whopping 1 time since its publication.

Have not used sin/cos since the 9th grade but good to know. Well, not true, I used it to calculate the angle of one of my walls based on adjacent and opposite angles 2 months ago. But I had help from the internet.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #155,651 of 177,744
Thanks for the info.

http://headfonics.com/2015/05/the-r2a-and-r2pro-iems-by-flare-audio/

This was a nice read but I have to disagree with him about the cable. If they can achieve a solid and light cable with those type of materials, I'd prefer it to a cloth cable. Well, I just don't find cloth cables attractive to begin with, the Dita cable design is more to my liking for a more luxurious touch. I do have a tendency to be worried regarding super thin cables but if they feel solid, my problem could be circumvented. The adapter bit I agree with. I tried JH16's and while they sounded good, I wouldn't pay the asking price. The Stax 009 just isn't my signature either and the size is hilarious, nice clarity and space tho.

"sounds pure and extremely firm, deep reaching and expansive"

^hello there :)

That housing material bit is interesting. I believe the rockets also use a titanium housing, not to mention the similar small form factor. From what you told me and what I read, I would probably go for the R2A myself. You seem quite excited mate :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #155,652 of 177,744

Pft.
CvuUFJo.jpg

gpFatEY.jpg

TOHCPIC.jpg

Kiriko best girl?

+1

Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol that got dark fast.

Didn't she peck her on the lips already? Right before the retake on the audition in the concert hall Reina closed her eyes and moved forward a bit. I think Kumiko's face said something there.

Maybe? I only skipped through the last two episodes :|

No love for public transportation?

Btw depending on how you pronounce Aimer, the band name sounds like the German word for bucket. Awefully funny, isn't it?

Public transportation in Los Angeles on a national holiday?

Dat 3D

So confused.

In a Hideyoshi kinda way.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #155,653 of 177,744
Jun 24, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #155,655 of 177,744
Alright so I think my K7XX's broke a bit. Right driver all of a sudden got really quiet. Tested my MH1Cs with the amp and that wasn't the issue. Occasionally both drivers work at full capacity but just today it all of a sudden turned into left is fine, right is super quiet or not functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back