「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #154,758 of 177,745
  +1

And that's just from looking at the FR. It looks like it has an extremely balanced sound with some emphasis on mids, so great for vocals. Really interested now...

I can reassure you this is true.... I got a special pair which is similar to it and i have heard 3 pairs of demo and someone else's custom one which fits nicely in my ears

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #154,760 of 177,745
Jun 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #154,761 of 177,745
That's an... interesting control scheme idea for Tetris...

CExoHb_UkAIl5PB.jpg

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #154,762 of 177,745
+1 for Custom Art Music One

Very balanced overall. Not the most resolving sound, but the treble, mids, an lows are all really nicely balanced. I liked it more than the Music Two (too large of an upper-mid peak and too much bass), and the Pro330 (way too much treble).

+1

And that's just from looking at the FR. It looks like it has an extremely balanced sound with some emphasis on mids, so great for vocals. Really interested now...

Wait, where do you see the emphasis on the mids?

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #154,763 of 177,745
I really want a Custom Art Music One too

All the reviews I have seen so far point at a sound signature that I really like.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #154,765 of 177,745
If I really HAD to choose, I would pick the EM6. You know who is making that thing :p
If I also had to keep an eye on my budget I would get the Alclair Reference.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #154,766 of 177,745
  If I really HAD to choose, I would pick the EM6. You know who is making that thing :p
If I also had to keep an eye on my budget I would get the Alclair Reference.

I was really impressed with the Alclair Reference when I heard them at RMAF. For $400 they present an excellent value and I actually found myself favoring their IEM to my 1964-Q on several tracks.

Jun 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #154,767 of 177,745
Now I also want the Music One

But what if @Tiddlesworth
 bought it but didn't like it? I feel guilty

I'll be getting the entire Custom Art touring kit again in 2 weeks' time. If you guys can wait that long, I can do tests for y'all.

Kit = Music One, Music Two, Pro 330v2, Harmony 8.

[rule]
Also, A/B-ing the Aune B1 with other amps I have with the FiiO HS2 while volume-matched with pink noise by ear. Looks like my initial non-A/B tests with the Geek Out were a bit off in terms of wording. The B1 has a wider soundstage than deep compared to the HA-2 (and thus GO), which gives it the illusion of better imaging. I dunno how else to explain it. One is having speakers being angled and played at your face, the other is having sound thrown at your face; pick your poison.

Just like the GO vs ODAC/O2, the presentation is different and I don't particularly like one over the other by a large margin.

Jun 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #154,768 of 177,745
I'll be getting the entire Custom Art touring kit again in 2 weeks' time. If you guys can wait that long, I can do tests for y'all.

Kit = Music One, Music Two, Pro 330v2, Harmony 8.

Of course, it's not like I'm in a rush anyway since my next purchase most likely gonna be a STAX first.
I'm curious about how detailed the Music One, somehow I just love details

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #154,769 of 177,745
Wait, where do you see the emphasis on the mids?

Taken from GoldenEars Korea Focal Spirit One S measurements:

That dashed curve is perfectly neutral (varies slightly from person to person).

CustomArt Music One FR graph from CA themselves.

So the first curve's vertex is closer to 1k than 500 so about 700-800. GoldenEars curve vertex is shifted to the left a bit more. The fact that it's shifted forward looks like it means slightly emphasized lower and midbass and slightly recessed upper mids. Still a really good balance.

As for the dBA values I don't know if it's compensated on the graph from CA.

The only thing I'm not sure about with going CIEMs is reshelling. I don't know how much it'll cost me to get another set of ear impressions and to send the IEM back to get reshelled. It's 600PLN for no cables for the reshell but impressions I've never done.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #154,770 of 177,745
CustomArt Music One FR graph from CA themselves.

So the first curve's vertex is closer to 1k than 500 so about 700-800. GoldenEars curve vertex is shifted to the left a bit more. The fact that it's shifted forward looks like it means slightly emphasized lower and midbass and slightly recessed upper mids. Still a really good balance.

As for the dBA values I don't know if it's compensated on the graph from CA.

The only thing I'm not sure about with going CIEMs is reshelling. I don't know how much it'll cost me to get another set of ear impressions and to send the IEM back to get reshelled. It's 600PLN for no cables for the reshell but impressions I've never done.

Except that's the frequency response curve for the Music Two, not Music One.
Music Two has an upper-midrange emphasis and I didn't like it because it was overdone.

Here's the Music One:
1_2.jpg

And I don't trust Golden Ear's target. Harman or diffuse-field HRTF are much more trustworthy and are backed with years of research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back