「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 22, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #134,581 of 177,747
Listening to this song:

Oh hey, I think I've heard this song before!!!

http://de.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Spoopy

Jumpscares are the absolute worst. I hate them. Bane of the whole horror movie/game industry. Stupidest and laziest way to convey "horror". Makes me mad.

I actually really like one movie that takes the jump scare concept to an execution of artform level. There's no fake cat or coat hanger scares. They pretty much let you know every time that it's coming rather than hide it. And you jump anyway. Then you curse them cuz you jumped anyway even though you knew it was coming. Over and over again. Kind of fun :p it's called Drag Me To Hell (by Sam Raimi).

There was one jumpscare in the American version of Ju-On that was really good too, IMO,
not that it's worth spoilering a bad movie, but, when she's riding the bus. Specifically because it's unexpected to put a jumpscare in a daylight-filled public place.

I'm really feeling this one. Great use of light and just enough detail.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #134,586 of 177,747
So I just had some instant ramen.

HOLY CRAP THIS IS TOO GOOD. HOW IS THIS EVEN SO CHEAP. THERE WAS ACTUAL MEAT IN IT. THE BROTH TASTED AWESOME.

Send me some.
I'll pay you.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #134,587 of 177,747
^ I'd take a bowl of rice w/ mixed veggies and teriyaki chicken over ramen any day...almost. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #134,588 of 177,747
Send me some.

I'll pay you.

The shipping costs for small international packages is 1080 yen IIRC. :wink:

^ I'd take a bowl of rice w/ mixed veggies and teriyaki chicken over ramen any day...almost. :D

Maybe. But veggies and meat is super expensive, this instant ramen was not even 250 yen.
Also real ramen is not that expensive either. You can have it for 600-700 yen, and it's a complete meal. Especially since often you can have second servings of noodles for free.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #134,589 of 177,747
Maybe. But veggies and meat is super expensive, this instant ramen was not even 250 yen.
Also real ramen is not that expensive either. You can have it for 600-700 yen, and it's a complete meal. Especially since often you can have second servings of noodles for free.

NOT IN CHINA, IT AIN'T.

There was this Japanese-styled restaurant back in China where I used to live. Amazing teriyaki chicken bowls. And they also served a good variety of sushi, some ramen, fish, and bento meals. I miss that schiit now...

Ah well. Filipino-style dishes are their own experience.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #134,590 of 177,747
  Old PC monitor is old.

HOLY FKN-- I just realized what she was drawing. Paradoxical schiit, man.

Thy still are some of the best monitors out there in terms of ghosting and refresh rates...

So I just had some instant ramen.

HOLY CRAP THIS IS TOO GOOD. HOW IS THIS EVEN SO CHEAP. THERE WAS ACTUAL MEAT IN IT. THE BROTH TASTED AWESOME.

Welcome to the world of cheap foods!

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #134,592 of 177,747
NOT IN CHINA, IT AIN'T.

There was this Japanese-styled restaurant back in China where I used to live. Amazing teriyaki chicken bowls. And they also served a good variety of sushi, some ramen, fish, and bento meals. I miss that schiit now...

Ah well. Filipino-style dishes are their own experience.

Well in Japanese supermarkets everything is expensive, from meat to veggies to even water. (I pay 55 yen for a 2l bottle of water. That may not be much, but it is considering it's just freaking water!)

Speaking of the Philippines, I just had some Filipino beer for the first time. Red Horse or something like that. Was pretty darn good, I'd have to admit.

Thy still are some of the best monitors out there in terms of ghosting and refresh rates...

Welcome to the world of cheap foods!

Cheap foods? Not at all actually. The price gap between cooked meals and raw ingredients is just small. Restaurants are relatively cheap, as are ready-to-eat meals from the konbini, but grocery stores are much more expensive than in Europe.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #134,593 of 177,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back