「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #129,961 of 177,745
I sure am glad I backed up this post in a text file! My browser crashed and I would have lost it all otherwise.

Well then, that secure EAC rip took longer than I anticipated: 4.5 hours in total.
Then again, the CD looks like this:

I keep both dBpoweramp and EAC installed, because they both have different methods of error correction. When it comes to damaged discs, sometimes one performs better than the other. One may take an hour to rip a CD and still not correct all the errors, while the other might do it in five minutes while easily correcting the errors. There's no way to tell which one will do it right in these cases, so I use both (but greatly prefer dBpoweramp for general use).

Did you at least verify your rip was identical to others with AccurateRip?

LOL

As super as your first super-post?

I don't recall the content or length of my first super-post, but this one is just a long standalone post, with most of it in the spoiler box.

I agree, but AC/DC's Back in Black album is only available in physical media, unless you count iTunes (which is Mastered for iTunes). I don't know how the iTunes version is created though. This CD states that it's a digital remaster directly from the master tapes. Of course that doesn't mean much either.

I suppose I can buy...oh what the heck I hate you. I just bought the iTunes version of Back in Black (the song not the album).
foo_abx 1.3.4 report
foobar2000 v1.3.3
2014/09/16 01:54:04

File A: C:\Users\Michelle\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\AC_DC\Back In Black\06 Back In Black.m4a
File B: C:\EAC\Columbia Records\06 Back in Black.flac

01:54:04 : Test started.
01:54:32 : 01/01 50.0%
01:54:46 : 02/02 25.0%
01:55:07 : 03/03 12.5%
01:55:21 : 04/04 6.3%
01:55:55 : 04/05 18.8%
01:56:09 : 05/06 10.9%
01:56:20 : 05/07 22.7%
01:56:58 : 06/08 14.5%
01:57:13 : 07/09 9.0%
01:57:21 : 08/10 5.5%
01:57:38 : 09/11 3.3%
01:57:59 : 10/12 1.9%
01:58:10 : 11/13 1.1%
01:58:32 : 12/14 0.6%
01:58:44 : 13/15 0.4%
01:59:13 : 14/16 0.2%
01:59:16 : Test finished.
Total: 14/16 (0.2%)

The iTunes one seems to have slightly more bass such that the bass guitar is easier to follow, but if you have one or the other, they're really not much different to justify getting the other. They both have the same dynamic range value: 8.

I only got this CD since that was the test song that everyone was using for the JPS Labs Abyss and I thought it would be nice to have in my library so there's a common reference song. I wish I had an earlier CD since this is the 2003 remaster instead of the 1994 one.

The creator told me that the official name is Abyss Headphones AB-1266. It's the only headphone I know of with the word "headphones" in the title. lol. Kind of awkward, but most people just call it Abyss anyway. I also heard the drivers alone cost $2,000 to make!

By the way, I've been talking with more people who have owned (or at least heard) both the JDS Labs O2+ODAC and Audio-GD NFB-11. Virtually every single one of them said that the latter is much better and that the former presented a significant number of problems in comparison. Just food for thought.

Now that I'm booted back in Windows, I tried JPlay with DirectLink and Hibernate options enabled. The hibernate thing is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen...I almost freaked out when pushing buttons on the keyboard didn't do anything and I had to look up the manual on my phone to see how to get my computer working again.

Xtream, native bitstream, DirectLink buffers, throttle, and hibernate mode seemed to do it for me compared to last time.
JPlay ASIO > Light Harmonic ASIO > WASAPI for me in foobar.

JPlay's playback seems to have a darker background and thus makes the instrument separation better and provides more a 3D soundstage with depth compared to the other settings. It's hard to do direct comparisons though since the A/B process is a bit clumsy through foobar's options/delay time.

Wow, nice!

Now you know to always read the manual before using something.
biggrin.gif

If possible, you should also try using one or more of the following:

1. JPLAYmini
  2. ULTRAstream
  3. Dedicated control and audio PCs

Those are supposed to sound better than merely using JPLAY as a plugin for other players.

@deadlylover You might want to see these new impressions.

How often does the average US American say the words "first amendment" per day?

I am by no means average, so...no idea.

:D

I guess you get to hear it more often in certain parts of the country *cough*Texas*cough*.
Freedom of speech is cool and everything but......scrolling through this website makes me want to kill people.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

A lot of the homophobic/conspiracy/fearmongering ******** these people say would totally not be allowed here in Germany. For various, hopefully obvious, reasons.
Statements like "Water filters can prevent cancer" are just downright culpable homicide, if you ask me. People should not be allowed to say dangerous **** like this on TV or radio.
"Oh but I have the right to say whatever I want!"
NO! You absolutely do not have the right to say insulting and harmful things! Screw your "freedom"!
No one here would invite nutjobs like this Glenn Beck or Pat Robertson to speak on TV. We have idiots like these guys here (Ken Jebsen for example) but they don't get any attention in the public media.

Oh this website makes me very mad and sad at the same time.

/rant or whatever.

This is a real grey area that is far beyond the scope of this website. Since discussing politics is against the terms of service, I will attempt to approach this delicately.

First and foremost, any number of things can be interpreted as insulting or harmful. Who are you to dictate what people are allowed to say? What punishment would you mete out to those who dare defy your will? Why should you have the right to tell someone what to say or not to say, while another has no such right? When you censor one thing, before you know it, everything else can be censored as well. Even worse, you potentially delve into the realm of thought crimes, in which pain and suffering are inflicted upon those who caused no direct harm to anyone.

Responsibility to the responsible. The individual is responsible for his or her own actions. By extension, it is my conviction that it is the birthright of each individual to live his or her own life in any way they see fit, as long as they do not initiate force (including threats of force) against another. It's called the non-aggression principle. If it can be proven that someone initiated deliberate, actual harm against a third party, then it is a crime. Otherwise, it is ultimately the fault of the person who failed to conduct due diligence and subsequently took action on inaccurate information. (Lawsuits are always an option, though.)

As far as I know, television networks are privately owned. What is permissible is up to the owners' discretion, since they are paying a lot of money to broadcast it, so this is a somewhat different situation.

How is that culpable homicide or even dangerous at all? There are plenty of reasons to use a water filter. There is also ample evidence that it can lower the risk of cancer and other diseases. Of course, it's not the only safety measure available, but the statement in question doesn't necessarily imply that; it's just poorly worded. No one in their right mind would believe that using a water filter is the only way to prevent cancer.

Fools will be fools. If you don't like it, either don't look and don't listen, or present your own perspective via the relevant channels. There will always be irrational people, but attempting to silence them will only create more problems. Education is the solution.

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #129,962 of 177,745
This deserves a post here :p

Programmers in a nutshell lol

So with that diagram:
It's broken = there is an absence of a feature that I like in your code
It has a few issues = there is an absence of a feature that I like in my code

Seems legit. XD
In that case, Windows 8.1 is broken. : p

I keep both dBpoweramp and EAC installed, because they both have different methods of error correction. When it comes to damaged discs, sometimes one performs better than the other. One may take an hour to rip a CD and still not correct all the errors, while the other might do it in five minutes while easily correcting the errors. There's no way to tell which one will do it right in these cases, so I use both (but greatly prefer dBpoweramp for general use).

Did you at least verify your rip was identical to others with AccurateRip?

If possible, you should also try using one or more of the following:

• JPLAYmini
  • ULTRAstream
  • Dedicated control and audio PCs

Those are supposed to sound better than merely using JPLAY as a plugin for other players.

I tried JPLAY mini but I couldn't really make out a solid difference. ULTRAstream to me sounded more like the LH ASIO pathway compared to Xtreme.

This might be interesting to read/try:
http://lhlabs.com/force/music-software/2030-sound-quality-differences-between-media-players#31637

Yeah I ripped it with AccurateRip CRCs. I don't completely understand what these mean though, likewise for the CUETools DB Plugin. I just have those for the sake of having them. XD
Code:
Track 6

Filename C:\EAC\06 Back in Black.wav

Pre-gap length 0:00:00.03

Peak level 100.0 %
 Extraction speed 2.5 X
 Track quality 100.0 %
 Test CRC 676FED8F
 Copy CRC 676FED8F
 Accurately ripped (confidence 65) [2A448EC5] (AR v2)
 Copy OK
Track 10

Filename C:\EAC\10 Rock and Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution.wav

Suspicious position 0:03:02
 Suspicious position 0:03:05
 Suspicious position 0:03:34 - 0:03:35
 Suspicious position 0:03:43 - 0:03:44
 Suspicious position 0:03:49
 Suspicious position 0:03:51 - 0:03:52
 Suspicious position 0:04:05 - 0:04:06
 Suspicious position 0:04:14 - 0:04:15

Peak level 100.0 %
 Extraction speed 0.0 X
 Track quality 94.2 %
 Test CRC 05E28CD8
 Copy CRC 29A794E7
 Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 180) [A18A2403], AccurateRip returned [6D89BD3F] (AR v2)
 Copy finished

7 track(s) accurately ripped
 3 track(s) could not be verified as accurate

Some tracks could not be verified as accurate

There were errors

End of status report

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.3

[CTDB TOCID: 65IDfJEiUdejkAyazx.i9JS5hOc-] found, Submit result: insufficient quality
[10facef1] (697/715) No match
[9a4fc7c7] (001/715) No match
[b7841708] (001/715) No match
[1b1ae98b] (001/715) No match
[c3de42f3] (001/715) No match
[321ca39f] (001/715) No match
[f6c921de] (001/715) No match
[b5964cbf] (001/715) No match
[215103e1] (001/715) No match
[16bcd77a] (001/715) No match
[42398c6b] (001/715) No match
[91120b20] (001/715) No match
[7bf0dabf] (001/715) No match
[0c7e2b08] (001/715) No match
[beda0c96] (001/715) No match
[24ce3419] (001/715) No match
[5a3c66f0] (001/715) No match
[53c1d325] (001/715) No match
[2c896544] (001/715) No match

==== Log checksum 948F4556F0142AEFD3C682285999C4F43EC35BBDBB8488F03C5CA0BD454DF0BE ====
I haven't used dBpoweramp before since I've been fine with EAC/Foobar.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #129,964 of 177,745
What would you guys do if your cousin (let's say a girl), some years younger than you and still in high school falls madly in love on you and she doesn't stop texting you, so much so that when you only read her message without replying she becomes mad and starts pinging/poking/whatev. like there's no tomorrow and then asks you why you didn't reply to her? And one more problem is that it's a one sided love with you not really attracted that much to her. What would you do?

Because I'm in this kinda weird situation and I'm beginning to be slightly irritated whenever she texts me or wants to have an instant messaging conversation with me (which is everyday).

Fortunately I didn't gave her my Skype username. That could've been a monumental mistake.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #129,965 of 177,745
  What would you guys do if your cousin (let's say a girl), some years younger than you and still in high school falls madly in love on you and she doesn't stop texting you, so much so that when you only read her message without replying she becomes mad and starts pinging/poking/whatev. like there's no tomorrow and then asks you why you didn't reply to her? And one more problem is that it's a one sided love with you not really attracted that much to her. What would you do?

Because I'm in this kinda weird situation and I'm beginning to be slightly irritated whenever she texts me or wants to have an instant messaging conversation with me (which is everyday).

Fortunately I didn't gave her my Skype username. That could've been a monumental mistake.

1. How closely related?
2. Is she even remotely attractive?
3. Is she legal?

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #129,966 of 177,745

Because I'm in this kinda weird situation and I'm beginning to be slightly irritated whenever she texts me or wants to have an instant messaging conversation with me.

I was going to post this until I saw your post. XD

Now that's some smoooooth jazz right there. ^_^

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjiIYWggI5c[/video]

I'd probably have a serious talk with "person of interest" and discuss options to go to from this point on. e.g. there's a difference between family love and love with a significant other
Though any way you look at it, it'll be awkward.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #129,968 of 177,745

Hope she doesn't have bleached pink hair and pink eyes.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #129,969 of 177,745

Are you 100% sure about the love thing? Maybe she is just...eh...lonely?
confused.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #129,970 of 177,745
  1. How closely related?
2. Is she even remotely attractive?
3. Is she legal?

1. Her father is my father's brother.
2. She's moderately attractive
3. She's underage.
I was going to post this until I saw your post. XD

Now that's some smoooooth jazz right there. ^_^

I'd probably have a serious talk with "person of interest" and discuss options to go to from this point on. e.g. there's a difference between family love and love with a significant other
Though any way you look at it, it'll be awkward.

I did that some days ago and while she did understand, she still loves me and she suffers from that syndrome of always being glued to her smartphone, texting, whatever she's doing. And yes, it was awkward.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #129,972 of 177,745
  I did that some days ago and while she did understand, she still loves me and she suffers from that syndrome of always being glued to her smartphone, texting, whatever she's doing. And yes, it was awkward.

How old is she? Maybe it's just some phase and she will eventually find another victim more sooner than later.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #129,973 of 177,745

Hope she doesn't have bleached pink hair and pink eyes.

No way lol. And it doesn't seem that she has an interest in manga and anime. So our conversations are always about nothing in particular and nothing remotely interesting.

Are you 100% sure about the love thing? Maybe she is just...eh...lonely?
confused.gif

Oh yes, I'm 100% positive. She confessed to me via BlackBerry Messenger.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #129,974 of 177,745
  No way lol. And it doesn't seem that she has an interest in manga and anime. So our conversations are always about nothing in particular and nothing remotely interesting.

Tell her how you feel? Girl needs a grip man.

I'm sorry but I'm laughing so hard right now, let's say she wasn't your cousin. One sided things never work out anyways. Just be prepared to have books fly at your face and more persistency, good luck! :D

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #129,975 of 177,745

Ignore her and it'll die down in less than a month. The annoyance will probably drop significantly after a week or so, but until that time you just have to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back