「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #122,836 of 177,744

Only heard of it. May try it out someday.

Oh is someone here afraid of finding out that he has wooden ears?
atsmile.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #122,839 of 177,744
I feel ya' bro....... tagging troubles...

One thing I don't like about xACT is that it leaves an encoder tag filled in.

Is it one of those white ones? you should sell it when it becomes vintage :D

Yeah, one of those white plastic 13" ones. It's a 2008 model.

You tried to natively install Linux on OS X? It is possible, but hardware support was very lacking back then. I'm not sure how it is now, but I installed Ubuntu and Windows XP on my 2008 aluminum MacBook back in 2009.

178373_10151029775490709_378740845_o.jpg

I also almost died laughing at this
74113_501906305708_7756304_n.jpg

Battery Life ≤ 1 hour

Music Alchemist
You should add the Zune HD to your mega wishlist. It certainly has some value.
200601_10150160247300709_6488893_n.jpg

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #122,841 of 177,744
  bit rates of FLAC files actually aren't all the significant though?
I mean... it's lossless, just like putting a wav into a zip.

In theory, all lossless encodings should sound the same during playback; in reality, many people (including famous studio professionals) have reported hearing small or large differences between compressed lossless and uncompressed, and even greater differences if there is more compressions of the lossless files. This has been debated all over the Internet, so I'm not trying to create another one; I'm just stating the fact that under certain circumstances, some have experienced this, whether it is in their mind or real.

Not bad. Kinda reminds me of Boris.

This is one of my favorites.

I have a limited two-disc edition of this collaboration between Sunn O))) and Boris.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #122,842 of 177,744
You tried to natively install Linux on OS X? It is possible, but hardware support was very lacking back then. I'm not sure how it is now, but I installed Ubuntu and Windows XP on my 2008 aluminum MacBook back in 2009.

Yes. Trackpad didn't work properly, headphone port didn't work and I had bad wi-fi connectivity.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #122,843 of 177,744
In theory, all lossless encodings should sound the same during playback; in reality, many people (including famous studio professionals) have reported hearing small or large differences between compressed lossless and uncompressed, and even greater differences if there is more compressions of the lossless files. This has been debated all over the Internet, so I'm not trying to create another one; I'm just stating the fact that under certain circumstances, some have experienced this, whether it is in their mind or real.

Mathematically speaking there is no difference.
Therefore there is no difference.

Q.E.D.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #122,845 of 177,744

bit rates of FLAC files actually aren't all the significant though?
I mean... it's lossless, just like putting a wav into a zip.

It's probably due to improper testing conditions again.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs/mitchco/flac-vs-wav-part-2-final-results-155/

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #122,846 of 177,744
Mathematically speaking there is no difference.
Therefore there is no difference.

Q.E.D.

This only necessarily applies for the stored files, not the files during playback, since there are more factors involved.

I said I didn't want to create a debate, but the logic behind the perceived difference is that certain components do not play the file as well if they have to work harder to decompress it in real-time. (And yes, I know this task is a very easy one to perform.) This line of reasoning also serves to boost the appeal of memory players and the like.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #122,847 of 177,744
It's probably due to improper testing conditions again.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs/mitchco/flac-vs-wav-part-2-final-results-155/

I've read that. It's a good test, but only uses a limited range of equipment. To really disprove these assertions, you would have to do the test using the systems of the people who made the claims, since the entire reason it supposedly sounds different is due to limitations and/or complications of said equipment.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #122,850 of 177,744
  Like writing songs about everybodies favorite chuckle**** Lightning, right?

That had immense sentimental value, though! (Plus, it made a few people laugh.) Doing a hearing test is too boring for my tastes, until I start publishing audio reviews, at which time it would be of more practical use.

Is anyone playing nosgoth this weekend? This **** is so much fun!

Heyyy buddy! Haven't talked to ya in awhile.
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back