「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #122,358 of 177,745

Better?
tongue.gif

I actually removed much of the quoted content in that long post, but left in relevant parts.

Perhaps I should go back to the normal quote setting...

I prefer normal quoting to nested quoting. The nested quotes get on my nerves after the second time they're quoted. Keep the posts clean and legible.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #122,359 of 177,745
I've done laser tag several times when I was younger. Quite fun. Imo more fun than paintball since there isn't the problem of ammo, and getting hit doesn't hurt. Done paintball twice and it just makes me real nervous, perhaps I'm not cut out for such things.

Your posts are too damn long, man! These nested quotes are kind of a pita when you quote so many people.

This.

Well, like I mentioned before, I wanted to get an astrophysics degree and started college during my junior year in high school. After realizing that what I sought would require a decade of higher education, including math that seemed to me to be calculus times fifty, I abandoned that dream, and later dropped out of college before earning any degree.

Awww. It's sad to see that math is so often a thing keeping people down.
Though for astrophysics the math is really not that bad. Doesn't get that much further than basic differnetial equations and vector calculus, really. Theoretical physics is much more math intense though.

You people, stop this right now. Uber long quotes make my head spin. I'm not afraid to report -- in fact I have done so before in similar situations.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #122,362 of 177,745
@Micey and Tracy

Ever been to any of these places?
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/08/best-ice-cream-gelato-shave-ice-seattle-washington.html?ref=title

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #122,363 of 177,745
Well the regular quote is blank. Wonder if its due to character limit or something?
Oddly enough there were pictures I couldn't see until I pasted it into my own quote box. That was that, the test is done and it's gone now. Ease your moods! I'll just gtfo.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #122,364 of 177,745
I've done laser tag several times when I was younger. Quite fun. Imo more fun than paintball since there isn't the problem of ammo, and getting hit doesn't hurt. Done paintball twice and it just makes me real nervous, perhaps I'm not cut out for such things.
Your posts are too damn long, man! These nested quotes are kind of a pita when you quote so many people.

This.

Well, like I mentioned before, I wanted to get an astrophysics degree and started college during my junior year in high school. After realizing that what I sought would require a decade of higher education, including math that seemed to me to be calculus times fifty, I abandoned that dream, and later dropped out of college before earning any degree.

Awww. It's sad to see that math is so often a thing keeping people down.
Though for astrophysics the math is really not that bad. Doesn't get that much further than basic differnetial equations and vector calculus, really. Theoretical physics is much more math intense though.

You people, stop this right now. Uber long quotes make my head spin. I'm not afraid to report -- in fact I have done so before in similar situations.

I'm taking Axel's advice and putting longer quotes in the spoiler box from now on. (That could be a nifty one-click forum feature, actually.)

Yay for laser tag! I've never tried paintball, but have a small amount of experience with airsoft guns.

Astrophysics utilizes theoretical physics, for example string theory.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #122,366 of 177,745

Not really, as far as I know. In particular not string theory since that doesn't even work yet.
At least not the stuff you get in an undergraduate degree. Maybe if you get into general relativity stuff does the math get more intense, but that's always graduate level stuff. There is also plenty of quantum stuff involved in the study of black holes for example, but that's not astrophysics in general.

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #122,368 of 177,745

You're making me ravenous for fancy food again!

I could go for a snow cone right about now...

Makes you remember the good old days when you blew hundreds of dollars per week on fancy restaurants, doesn't it? :)

This is the fanciest one I've ever been to.
The Hutong in HK:

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #122,370 of 177,745

Not really, as far as I know. In particular not string theory since that doesn't even work yet.
At least not the stuff you get in an undergraduate degree. Maybe if you get into general relativity stuff does the math get more intense, but that's always graduate level stuff. There is also plenty of quantum stuff involved in the study of black holes for example, but that's not astrophysics in general.

On the Wikipedia links for string theory and astrophysics, the theme of theoretical physics is indeed present, and I always thought that string theory was a branch of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back