「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #122,297 of 177,744
Today I went to Jaben and I tried some headphones.
I first tried the Shure SE846 which really, really surprised me. Dayum that deep and full tight bass, almost speaker like but it's still balanced and doesn't drown out the midrange at all, incredible.

Next I tried the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope IV and in the same FAD fashion, it sounds really different. I don't know if it's the BA driver inside it but there seems to be a very steep deep around the upper mid region (2kHz to 4kHz ish) which makes male vocals sound thin but the treble is smooth.

Next I tried the NAD Viso HP50 and I found it that it sounds similar to the Focal Spirit Pro only smoother and more comfortable. It's incredibly balanced and does any kind of genre of music extremely well but sadly there's nothing that makes it sound special, it's a jack of all trades, master of none kind of headphone. If I were given the choice to only take one headphone for the rest of my life without an amp, this might be it.

Then I tried the Alessandro MS2e which I found that it sounds smoother and less jarring and harsh than past Grados SRx25i series.

And that was pretty much it. Jaben Jakarta had an entirely new look as well as being a bit more roomier than usual. It's incredible that the people working at Jaben still remember my face after one year of absence.

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #122,302 of 177,744
Who's Lisa?

Mentally disturbed and kind of useless girl from Zankyou no Terror.
Still the second most interesting character in this anime (so far).

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #122,304 of 177,744
Aug 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #122,305 of 177,744
And the most interesting being?

Mr grumpy detective guy.
The show doesn't really know who its protagonists are. The terrorist teens or the police? I guess all of them. I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing.
Pretty cool and interesting show besides that! Directing par excellence.
So far my numero uno of this season (Space Dandy and Psycho-Pass don't count).

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #122,306 of 177,744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back