「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #121,681 of 177,744

Most of America is depressing when it comes to food diversity. But there are some areas where you can actually get a wide range in a short area. Most of those places are on the west coast, unfortunately. For example Toronto's food options were so much more diverse than what we have in Cincinnati.

And speaking of Canada, this is now relevant!
http://imgur.com/a/TO1qr

My sides! XD

"waiting for the mailman burger"

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #121,683 of 177,744
  This is more interesting.
tongue.gif

I love these guys.

Most of America is depressing when it comes to food diversity. But there are some areas where you can actually get a wide range in a short area. Most of those places are on the west coast, unfortunately. For example Toronto's food options were so much more diverse than what we have in Cincinnati.

It's quiet sad.

Ah, Barack Obama episode 5 was good today too. This anime is so awesome. I like the ending and opening songs too.

Indeeeeeeed.

I'm eating $11 chocolate.

Good thing its only my second favorite brand. My favorite one is only half as expensive.

Aug 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #121,684 of 177,744
It's amusing to me that all of this Katanagatari talk is just now cropping up. I literally finished the show a moment ago.

You know that feeling after a show concludes, where your entire body gets chills? The end of a good show, and the beginning of "what the hell do I do now?" That's me. Yup.

Aug 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #121,686 of 177,744
  It's amusing to me that all of this Katanagatari talk is just now cropping up. I literally finished the show a moment ago.

You know that feeling after a show concludes, where your entire body gets chills? The end of a good show, and the beginning of "what the hell do I do now?" That's me. Yup.

I still have two episodes to go
ph34r.gif

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #121,687 of 177,744
Now this is interesting.

That's because a bunch of schiit drivers and schiit bicyclists are on the road in the USA. We almost ran into a biker today because they decided to cut into a roundabout without stopping and continued to proceed to cut through the roundabout itself to get to the other side, almost getting hit by another car.

Schiit cyclists will be schiit.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #121,689 of 177,744
That's because a bunch of schiit drivers and schiit bicyclists are on the road in the USA. We almost ran into a biker today because they decided to cut into a roundabout without stopping and continued to proceed to cut through the roundabout itself to get to the other side, almost getting hit by another car.

Soooo....the approximately 17 cyclists in the US are all madmen?
Or are all the drivers in the US just not used to dealing with cyclists?
Hmmmm....

Still doesn't explain why bicycles seem to be so unpopular there.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #121,690 of 177,744
  Were I not several beers into my evening, I'd say yes.

That meme was sort of a loaded statement...but at least you are somewhat familiar with the inside joke.

Hmmmm....

One reason is because many people commute to work over distances that would be too tiring on a bicycle.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #121,691 of 177,744
  One reason is because many people commute to work over distances that would be too tiring on a bicycle.

Because the US is geographically and population density-wise comparable to Mongolia?

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #121,692 of 177,744

Hmmmm....

Cuz we 'Mericans prefer to drive in our Chevys, Fords, or Jeeps. Iono. XD

Actually I don't understand the light blue label at all.
Cyclists killed per billion km of bicycle travel/year should have units of people, not km.
What's up with the "year travel per inhabitant per year"? That's like saying I can eat two pieces of sashimi in a minute per minute. lolwut?

But anyway, I'd blame it more on the cyclists than the drivers. Drivers don't have the problem, it's insayain bicyclists riding in the street instead of their own dedicated bike lane, or not stopping at stop signs, or cutting right through a roundabout, or running a red light, or cycling in a group of 5 all side by side into the car lane even though they have a wide shoulder or bicycle lane that cause the accidents.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #121,695 of 177,744
But anyway, I'd blame it more on the cyclists than the drivers. Drivers don't have the problem, it's insayain bicyclists riding in the street instead of their own dedicated bike lane, or not stopping at stop signs, or cutting right through a roundabout, or running a red light, or cycling in a group of 5 all side by side into the car lane even though they have a wide shoulder or bicycle lane that cause the accidents.

Huh. Sounds like we bicyclists here in Germany are a bit more civilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back