「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #121,442 of 177,744
  Rail Wars 5: what is this garbage, why am I still watching this.

Edit: the preview of episode 6 doesn't look very...healthy...either.

The first episode was probably the worst first episode I've ever seen.
Needless to say, I dropped that schiit.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #121,444 of 177,744
Eh the characters are still not super interesting. Well, grumpy detective guy and Lisa are IMO. The two terror teens not so much.

But I don't really mind that. There is just so much other cool stuff going on here! The directing is something to behold.

What do you expect this show to do, to release its full potential?

I don't think he/she means "sold" in a literal sense.

Yea, the detective guy is the most interesting character thus far.

The directing is definitely very strong and the art direction and quality is pretty high.

I don't know about the potential really. I think the potential is more in the concept than in the show as it is. They should stop spoon feeding stuff for one. I assume they'll focus on the characters a bit eventually but with only 11 total episodes they need to do it very well very quickly. Helping us understand the relationships beyond say because Lisa is under duress would be nice too.

I wouldn't rate it a tenth over a 7 though.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #121,446 of 177,744

Well, that thing is definitely pretty. 

@AxelCloris I need to bitch about Cincinnati Bell to someone. You know who they are, so you get to deal with it.
One of our customers has multiple locations in Greater Cincinnati, and their sites have two circuits for redundancy (and performance routing). The Ft. Mitchell location lost all connectivity through the CBT circuit on Wednesday evening (WEDNESDAY. It's now Friday, if you've been chilling in a cave and are unaware). They're able to ping up to the CBT provided gateway, but all attempts to route beyond that fail. The issue is obviously in CBT's network. Despite this, they for some reason insisted that a technician of theirs would have to be on site and, after about an hour of struggling, I finally got them to schedule one for yesterday afternoon. We never received a confirmation call. It's now Friday and still they are without network.

I just spent two hours on the phone with four different dispatchers and support reps, and according to them the ticket we had open never had any indication of a scheduled visit. My brain almost exploded. We finally got through to the account manager (who is actually a good guy) and he's hopefully getting it escalated for me.

Long story long: ***** everything about Cincinnati Bell. Abysmal service. 

On the bright side, one of my colleagues brought in a sixer of home brews. I'm enjoying one of his Pale Ale's now, and it's delicious.

I can feel your pain. My employer is certainly not free of its own share of screw ups but I have had nothing but displeasure whenever I interacted with CBT services. It was a regular occurrence for me when working on the phones that I'd reach out to CBT for assistance in initializing a number port. It's a standard process with a set procedure by the FCC. You're supposed to follow it by the book and everything moves smoothly. Well CBT has a tendency to want to delay the requests. A port from CBT would take 5-7 days while I could have one from most any other provider in 1-3. It was a joke how slowly they moved. And should something happen on their phone switch that impacted my customers, well, let's just say that my customers would have difficulty calling out or receiving calls for multiple days. It was a nightmare.

I like pie.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #121,447 of 177,744
Yea, the detective guy is the most interesting character thus far.

The directing is definitely very strong and the art direction and quality is pretty high.

I don't know about the potential really. I think the potential is more in the concept than in the show as it is. They should stop spoon feeding stuff for one. I assume they'll focus on the characters a bit eventually but with only 11 total episodes they need to do it very well very quickly. Helping us understand the relationships beyond say because Lisa is under duress would be nice too.

Agreed. Shibasaki ftw.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #121,448 of 177,744
I use the BBCode editor and it's really easy to keep track of quotes. I don't understand how one can lose them. >.>

b-b-but it's not my fault!
Clicked the multi-quote over a few pages then finally quote last messege and only 1 quote comes up......

For those who have had issues with losing quotes:

Dude..... That's seriously overkill......

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #121,450 of 177,744
  Dude..... That's seriously overkill......

Nah, not really. Just takes a few seconds, and it protects me from anything that might go wrong, such as a browser crash or hardware difficulties.

It's an especially helpful technique for the longer posts I tend to write. I even have multi-replies from weeks ago in the works, and all I have to do is copy/paste.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #121,451 of 177,744

Nah, not really. Just takes a few seconds, and it protects me from anything that might go wrong, such as a browser crash or hardware difficulties.

It's an especially helpful technique for the longer posts I tend to write. I even have multi-replies from weeks ago in the works, and all I have to do is copy/paste.

That's a bit eccentric.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #121,452 of 177,744
  That's a bit eccentric.

Thanks, I try.
cool.gif

It's not really that strange, though. I see something I want to reply to, get sidetracked, and save it for later.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #121,453 of 177,744

I can feel your pain. My employer is certainly not free of its own share of screw ups but I have had nothing but displeasure whenever I interacted with CBT services. It was a regular occurrence for me when working on the phones that I'd reach out to CBT for assistance in initializing a number port. It's a standard process with a set procedure by the FCC. You're supposed to follow it by the book and everything moves smoothly. Well CBT has a tendency to want to delay the requests. A port from CBT would take 5-7 days while I could have one from most any other provider in 1-3. It was a joke how slowly they moved. And should something happen on their phone switch that impacted my customers, well, let's just say that my customers would have difficulty calling out or receiving calls for multiple days. It was a nightmare.

I like pie.

Someone who empathizes! Yes!

It's 3PM and we've still not received confirmation that someone will make it out to the customer today. I don't care anymore, it's on CBT and not me. *sigh*

Hmmmmmm. Not sure what to think about that.
The soundtrack in the first one is amazing.

Bravely Second HYPE!!

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #121,454 of 177,744

Thanks, I try.
cool.gif

It's not really that strange, though. I see something I want to reply to, get sidetracked, and save it for later.

Most people don't even remember what happend here two days ago.
Why would you bother and reply to stuff that is so old? No one really cares about that anymore.
Give your pinky some rest.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #121,455 of 177,744
One way I do it is quote whiles multitasking(opening and closing dif apps), say during a work break, I click back into safari when I have time again, quotes be like poof Son! I be like TTS,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back